Reviews for Waiting
Elenhin chapter 7 . 4/15/2005
Ah, Faramir finally found peace, and at the same time courage enough to call Aragorn his friend.

As much as I disliked the fact that this was ended I must say that I loved the end.

It is as you told me, one has to think, when you read something that provokes you to think it is usually something very good. There are exceptions of course.

What made made me think was the impact that Linwen had on Faramir, he was not instantly transfered into a boy of five or six again. Nor did he treat her like merely an old mentor.

It was someone he trusted, someone he knew he could always trust, and it did not matter what she was to him by the definiton of nurse or mentor. She was Linwen, and that was what she had always been to him, no more and no less.

That would make it so simple that Faramir felt safe enough with her to reveal his biggest fear.

I also liked the fact that here Faramir did not want to know what had happened to his father. Everywhere else he is always demanding to know, but this was very different.

I would guess that in some way he did know, but as long as it is not confirmed it never did happen. I am well familiar with that way of reasoning.

As long as you do not have it confirmed, you can almost trick yourself into believing that it is not like that, but as soon as the fact is stated it bursts. It is an illusion so fickle that it shatters for the slightest pressure.

he would also see it as his duty to his father to go there every day, and would be so blinded by the fear of repeating his fathers mistake, that he would not see he was doing exactly that.

Once it was pointed out to him, I do not think he would ever do that mistake however. It was good for him that Linwen came, and then he shall have Eowyn to care for him.

Such a sweet couple them two make.

I will be looking forward to see whatever comes bearing your name in the future.

Untill then, take care,

Rosie26 chapter 6 . 4/14/2005
This is truly special if English is not your first language. Remarkable.
Elenhin chapter 6 . 4/14/2005
Oh, the tale about when Faramir was born was a treasure.

I enjoyed it so incredible much, and I am certain that it would have been the most perfect thing for Faramir as well.

To learn that his birth had meant so much to his father.

Oh, and Boromir, the little darling trying to comfort his father that he may yet grow pretty. That is the Boromir we all love, trying to be mature all the time, made much more fun since I have seen children that age do very much the same thing.

Faramir's old fear of the darkness would be coming back full force now, and probebly all the worse since he believes himself to be dying, and if darkness then is all he sees, he might fear that all that shall ever follow is darkness.

Combined with a feling that he have now lost his father forever, and failed to some extent as well, that is the Faramir we all love, the one wo takes on the blame for everyhing on himself.

It would seem that Denethor is about to take on drastic meassures about now.

It is really intruging, I know I have said something of it before, but I find it most capturing how you take the well establiched events, and then puts them all in a new light.

I mean, I already know what occured in both books and movies, and yet, do I really when I read this?

I was not aware of Faramir's fear for the darkness, and with that in mind, what was Denethor realy trying to do with the pyre.

Barberque his son, or just trying to acertain that he did not pass on in full darkness. That could be much debated I supose.

Though my point with it is still valid, you have made us all look at those events from an new angle, one we would no have seen on our own.

I am very eagerly looking forward to seeing where you take us on the next step of this.

For now, take care,

The Little Green Imp chapter 5 . 4/11/2005
Bravo! Go! Write like the wind! Continue this beauty.
Denethor's Angel chapter 5 . 4/11/2005
An other great chapter!

Keep it up!

And update soon ;o)
Elenhin chapter 5 . 4/11/2005
Whhoopy, a little more. How wonderfull.

An interesting notion, not that Denethor sees Boromir's fall. That is already known, but how Faramir found Denethor there afterward. You told that amazingly well. Poor little Faramir, he is so badly in need of comfort but gets non.

Also very good of how Denethor now saw the side of his son that was the commander, how he could issue commands, and very good how Denethor reacted to seeing it. This was something that he had not expected to this son. That was something that he thought Boromir alone mastered, and Faramir did not. It was very interesting to see his reaction to that discovery.

Faramir first now found out about the Palantir, and we about hid dream, knowing how it ends makes it all the more sad and tragic for us. Denethor have just seen his oldest sons doom, and we find out that Faramir have seen his fathers.

There is also Denethor begining to think about what the Palantir have cost him, and if it is not to big a prise, the question that leaves is whatever it is to late or not. According to our knowledge it is, and yet when I read I still wonder if there is not still hope.

That was the tale, as for your coment about writing. It is perfectly normal. When we write about a character we tend to imagien what they are feeling and doing, that way we can write it more believable, it also makes it affects us more.

You can be more or less aware about it, but you still try to imagine what the character is feeling so that you can write it.

If I am having difficults with some part when I write, some emotion, or some reaction to something, then I step away from the computer, sits down, and just imagine it playing out in my head. When I can see it in front of me, I can go back to the computer and type it out.

This usually allows us to do better writing, but it also affects us more about what we write. Since you are trying to feel what your character feels, it becomes more difficult to put down on the screen, becasue it then becomes closer to you.

I hope that you were able to get something out of that. I tend to get analytical at times, I like annalyzing those things. I guess that if you brough it down to a few words it would be that it happens to everyone, but since when could I restrain myself to just a few words. ;)

Well, I am eagerly, very eagerly looking forward to your next chapter.

Elenhin chapter 4 . 4/7/2005
Sweet and sad, I can imagine how it would feel for Faramir that his father did not notice that something was wrong.

It is a good thing that Boromir told him, and I loved the 'would you be suposed to tell me if hw fell of the top of the tower,' I think that Denethor was slightly annoyed over that.

I also loved the 'so now it is my fault,' Boromir did, that was Boromir straight off. So very typical of him.

You are doing all of them very well, I never could imagine Denethor as completely evil. How I see him varries slightly from time to time, but I think that had the circumstances been slightly different there would never have been these troubles between them.

Only two chapters left, the horror, the horror.

What am I to do then.

Know at least that I have been enjoying this very much, and will be eagerly looking forward to the last few chapters, even if it means there shall be no more, I can hardly wait.

Kind Regards, Elenhin
Denethor's Angel chapter 3 . 3/31/2005
Wow! So beautifull!

Please update soon!
Circini chapter 3 . 3/31/2005
another wonderful chapter - i love your denethor. he is a complex character and so many stories take the easy road and portray him as a physically abusive monster. i will admit to enjoying some of these, but that was never my take on the man. there is a difference between hating your son and being displeased with what your son does. i am always reminded of "Ordinary People" and the relationship between the two sons and their mother as well as my own experience with a father who could not show affection to a sibling. thank you for exploring this character. love your young faramir and boromir too and am extremely jealous that you can express yourself so eloquently in a language that is not your native tongue!
Elenhin chapter 3 . 3/31/2005
You really make Boromir and Faramir the sweetest little trouble makers.

Our little archer seems to already be proving what a good aim he has.

As i have a slight habitt of getting analyzing what I read, I would guess that the hitting the panes with stones game was to get attention.

I am a scout master, and many of the children do that. They behave badly to get attention. Give them the attention before they have time to do anything and you can avoid a lot of trouble.

Poor little Faramir needed his fathers attention, and did something that he knew would get it to him, by route of something that he knew was very important to his father, and you displayed it remarably well.

I could see every event play itself out on my screen as I read.

I shall be awaiting the next update with much eagerness.

Denethor's Angel chapter 2 . 3/29/2005
An other nice chapter!

I like little Faramir and nice Denethor very much... There aren't enough of those stories aroud here...

Please write more!
Elenhin chapter 2 . 3/28/2005
Oh, this was so very sweet, I love the image you make of the young children.

Especially Faramir in the end when he berates Denthor for his bad language. That one was great.

I also think that the English is very good. I am eagerly looking forward to your next update.

Kind Regards, Elenhin
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
This is so sweet - it's just lovely. A charming tale of the family of the Steward before it all went sour. I hope there's another chapter.
Elenhin chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
Absolutely adoring, sweet little Faramir would be the one to wait silent even when he was terrified.

I definatly would like to read mire of this as it was absolutely wonderfull.

Kind Regards, Elenhín
Denethor's Angel chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
Wow! So lovely!

Please write more of this!
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3