Reviews for Sympathetic Magic
Grav chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
Somehow, this: "Tomorrow they plant the harvest, and tonight they get drunk and try to be archetypes." is the best sentence ever. I love it. And I am not entirely sure why.

This story is very well done. Quite...uh, visceral, for lack of a better term. The imagery is fantastic, and yet it is rather abstracted at the same time. OffBalance!Sheppard is fun to read...and hey! Non-American Spellings! *adds to author watch*
EJ chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
I did like this. There's something about it which gives that drugged and detached feeling; that alien vibe from Teyla, and the just going along from the confused ride from John. Because really she is alien and John DOESN'T understand her.
Mara Trinity Scully chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
limliz here via little red: HOLY HELL woman, this be briliant. :) How did I miss this before? *cuddles and ADORES!*
Little Red chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
NOS, you rock my fucking world, yo. I must've missed this on your LJ in one of my "internet skeery!" moments, but dude, you are so my new best friend. *adores you*

Because all the cultural differences between the Athosians and the Earthlings is *so* the least explored yet most interesting part of this show. And this is perfect. And HEH, John is so scarred. And it's so perfect all through. Oh, you ROCK. Thank you!

(and hero spermz, hee.)
Anna chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
Very poetic.

Two things I loved the most: 1. Rodney's "there's no door." ROTFLMAO. That's perfect. 2. John's moment of realization that she actually *wanted* him to be there without protection.

You showed his confusion and comprehension very well.