Reviews for The Janus Order
lilacwaffles chapter 3 . 5/2
omg snape smiled order the exterminators to kill the zombies red alert snape smiled it is the apocolips!
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 12/23/2014
Very unique end to Voldemort. I like it, although I feel rather sorry for Harry having to know all of the evil stuff he'd prefer not to know. Perhaps he can lock it away with his Occlumency.

Thanks for a good read.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 12/23/2014
Harry talking to Binns seems rather out of character. Then again, this is a somewhat different Harry. I'll be interested to see what DD has planned for the evening's entertainment.

I wonder why McGonagall is nervous when they're alone. I think these two, above all, can be trusted not to cross any sexual boundaries, so it must be some other reason. Does she perceive a life or soul bond forming?
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 12/23/2014
There must be some sort of bond forming between H&H. I wonder if McGonagall is able to see it.

It is interesting that they actually saw the evidence of Quirrell's possession by Voldemort. It does put them ahead of where Harry usually is at this point in time; however, can they protect him any better?

I wonder if Hermione is also learning or skilled in Occlumency.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 12/23/2014
My, goodness! A Snape with a sense of humor who actually seems to like H&H.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 12/23/2014
Harry seems older than the other kids. I'm glad he didn't rise to Malfoy's bait. Perhaps skipping the train ride will prove a boon in the end.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
This certainly looks interesting. Too bad Sirius couldn't have hidden them better. (Or did he try?) I wonder if the other Black kids are magical and whether or not they will attend Hogwarts if they are. Frankly, I don't see why Harry can't study magic and be trained elsewhere. Hogwarts may be "the safest place in the world" for most kids, but I hardly think it is so for Harry.
senawario chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
one of the *cutest* HHr stories I have ever read.

This was one much more credible than soulbonds (though I like those stories also!).

A bit rushed, but nicely done.
mdauben chapter 11 . 7/4/2014
A very interesting variation on the Harry Potter stories. I quite liked your version of Harry, his relationship with Hermione, and his defeat of Voldemort.
MariusDarkwolf chapter 11 . 5/22/2014
Good over all though rather a quick ending
Runecutter chapter 11 . 2/26/2014
Awww, this really is a unique approach to the whole "win by love" theme and i like it way better than JKRs flawed Hero-Gambit, Hallows-protection, mutual Horcrux mess up we got sold two years after you wrote this.

Not so sure about the whole "absorbing the Mort" thingy, in my eyes it would have been enough reason for Harry that he fulfilled the task he was going to Hogwarts for in the first place, namely ridding the world of Riddle... now homeschooling or the local canadian school his cousin/growing up sister visits would be more than enough for his needs and likes. and THERE Hermione would have been welcome enough. :)

And the abrupt ending and glossing over the "happily ever after" was another disappointment at this stage in the story. I still do not know what the titular Order was meant to be... still the lion's share of this fic was brilliant and moving and at most could have used slightly more breathing space than the 20k words it ultimately turned out as... then there might have been slightly more tales about the differences in the background, why Jane and Sirius turned up in the new world instead of Sirius rotting away in Azkaban for example... that pair was pretty much wasted as just a vague frame for the "before Hogwarts" exposition... or what was with Remus and Pettigrew? Was the rat still Ron's pet? It may not strictly be necessary for the basic storyline as you told it, but such details and side arcs really bring a story to life and as your setting was pretty different from the standard it gives a lot more things that might possibly have turned up in the story... just think about a slightly homesick Harry talking to his "parents" every second night by mirror, that might also have been a nice present for christmas in stead of the jewelry... two small make up mirrors for at least voice contact and short glimpses of the kid/parent on the other end.

And of course you could have continued on past the first year end fight. Even in three or four years vanquishing Voldemort would have been a great feat for the still teenaged wizard wonder... It's not a must as much as a nice to have, but why stop right now with suggesting how the story might have been even more awesome than it already is? :D
Runecutter chapter 8 . 2/26/2014
Not sure when JKR said it for the first time, but Hermione's birthday has been known for ages as September 19th. Almost sure it was before 2005 as that was already the year of either OOTP or HBP and the frenzy was soaring high with excitement about the books and characters-

Uhh so what IS the order of Janus, shouldn't it have made an appearance by now?

The mind travel was an interesting way to expose Quirrellmort, almost elegant as shortcut around a lot of the often repeated scenes from the first book, just like with the cabin burned down by Norbert :D (made me chuckle) or the fight against the troll without a Hermione in distress and Ron involved. It slips a bit along a small grate between too easy and just enough to stay interesting but avoid unnecessary repetition, but it makes that slide also look good. No harm, no foul :)
Runecutter chapter 6 . 2/26/2014
A "Schooner" having only one mast would be called a sloop or cutter... but there's no need to call the ship anything else but a Yacht which also implies something like luxury, exclusivity, leisure time or vacation...

The whole episode is such a beautiful image and idea. And i like how you give some foreshadowing for Hermione having already a deeper connection with Harry.
But you also chickened out of wreaking some havoc with two unclad witches next to Harry when he "woke up" :D
Runecutter chapter 2 . 2/26/2014
*Sigh* Okay, it was probably too much to hope for with the decent start Dumbledore got in this chapter with actually DOING something that they would have nipped the superfluous "Boy who lived" hype in the bud before it could become a kind of nationwide autohypnotic suggestion that only their kid hero could ever save their ruddy pale backsides from harm, but no of course not, that would have been too nice.

Still maybe the more civil relations to Snape will hold on and we get spared for once the easily flanderized hateful tirades of old hooknose, i promise to love the story for such a treat alone :P
Runecutter chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
An interesting set-up that suffers slightly under two small problems towards the end... for one thing the text gets more error prone and thus has several "wait what" moments when you need to rethink what you've just read to understand it like with the sentence that makes it seem as if Jane should go to Hogwarts and not Harry... and for the other part there is little explanation for why this way to deal with the problem is best and not for example getting a real fighting training outside of a school curriculum with american wizards or if that would not be possible due to legal constrictions or limits his age poses on what magic he can learn and wield then at least at an new world school. Without either reasons nor alternatives it is impossible to make a real decision, it's just acceptance of a prescribed fate. Which would fit in with Dumbledores usual smoke and mirror approaches to "sensible information" but not with Jane's harsh insistence on telling Harry about the prophecy...

And of course there seems little left of the fight before. the one Lindsey mentioned with the creative vocabulary and shouting matches... maybe they're putting on airs for the childrens' sake or going consciously for a break during the meal was really helping calming the tempers, but it seems a bit off too.
The same is true for Harry seemingly growing up muggle with no real exposure to magic and magical knowledge before this day. Hey, while i like cowboy romantic like every other bloke ever growing up with the sujet, it would have been nice to see the boy sitting on a heavy duty working broom, tough and forgiving even if a cow should get a hold of it with her horns or stuff. I can see no problem with making the foreman a squib so he can see it in work even if he could not use one himself... In other words, while this introduction to the story is fantastic in its own ways and works pretty well it is not nearly "magical" enough to bring the Potter into an HP setting.