Reviews for A Fan's Lament
BlazeoftheInferno chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
THANK YOU! *crowds stand and applaud* BRAVO! Finally, someone who sees reason! And I'm surprised to find someone else who was appalled at that Kay woman's butchering of Christine! Nobody ever understands that! Kay was doing so well until she starting rewriting the canon as crap! And this poem says it all! Bra-freaking-vo!
Romance-luver222 chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
OMG! I totally agree with you. I think most people take Phantom of the Opera the wrong way. Everything you said was so true. I can't believe people want Christine to end up with Erik. She was totally in love with adorable Raoul. I mean I really like Erik, but come on enough is enough. I think people should cool down on the E/C fanfiction. I mean all the E/C stuff is basically the same thing writen by a different author. I don't mind people having their own opinion, but why are there so many E/C shippers. Anyway, I really, really liked your poem. Please write some more R/C fanfiction soon!
Lunasariel chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
THANK YOU! I was just thinking the same thing myself, over on Amazon. Sadly there seems to be as many fop-haters on as on I tend to avoid the POTO-oriented sector over there (amazon, that is).
Operatic chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
That was great. Though I absolutely *dispise* R/C, I have to say you're a great writer. Keep at it.
ElfLover chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
Yayness for your poem! Stupid, stupid, stupid canon-rapers...*hunts them all down*

~ElfLover
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 4/15/2005
*waves flag*

Hear, hear!

You're brilliant, did you know? This made laugh laugh till I cried!
Lucky'linist333 chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
I liked it, after reading your stuff, I've had to go back and look more critically at my stuff. I dunno, it lost it's luster.
Phantom of the Fox chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
Brava! So true... So true... I especially loved this line:

"I just want you all to know

That the Erik/Christine love child has been done

It is no longer creative or fun"

(*coughs* Though, you mis-spelled 'cliche' on the 39th line. Forgive my nitpicking. :)
Phantom Panda chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
"This plotline makes me want to smash my own skull"

I couldn't agree with you more. Leroux's canon is so often twisted. It drives me nuts! The characterizations in that book are just ignored- and anyone who ignores Leroux is not a true Phan! Anyway, fabulous work, as always!

Peace out, phangirl homey!

The Phantom Panda
Maska chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
Who...that's brilliant. Someone stood up for Raoul! (tear appears in eye) That's wonderful. Worringly, you are very right...
Elyse3 chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
*applauds* A well- timed and much needed message! Brava Meg, brava!
Gerik Phan chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Hey! I liked Journey of the Mask!
Phantom Aria chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I just loved the whole thing. There is nothing sweeter on this earth than a truth that ryhmes. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Thanks for sharing this with us all, it was a joy to read.
MC EmGeeBee chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Hahaha! Now, I must say, I've commited many of the sins you accuse 'phangirls' of in this (hilarious!) poem: the E/C lovechild, fop-bashing...it's hard to resist; it's fun...*peer pressured!*. Heh. But, what you've said about Christine is all too true, and I agree with you on every single author-bash-age up there. Groan. And, although I still remain mildly less than loving towards Raoul- I respect you a lot for sticking up for the poor guy. God knows he needs it. :P

Keep writing- ta!