Reviews for Protection
sUmMeRiTh chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Hey...I really liked this, very sweet. Especially the last paragraph. And it reminded me of why I liked Charlie and Claire so much to begin with. Excellent job...as far as we know, he did write something like this, right? :D I'm just gonna go along believing that now.

Anyway, what I mean is I really liked it, you wrote Charlie very well. And my 'favorite stories' is full but as soon as I delete half or so of them, this one's going in there. Well done :)
Strange Bint chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
I really liked this. It made me like Charlie even more. One of the things that bothered me was when Claire was gone, Charlie was the only one freaking. They weren't looking for her. I think it was really brave to write a Lost fic. It's still kind of new, and it can be hard to grasp the characters. I think you did an excellent job particularly in this part:

."I’d write just about anything to avoid what I really want to say. An infinite amount of lame jokes are better than what I’ve got to tell , yeah, so I’m lying. Sue me. But I rather like this slightly male chauvinistic persona I just described. He sounded kind of sexy and fun, don’t you agree? All right, that last sentence was … idiotic … and a bit narcissistic, actually. Must be the side effects of being a former rock star."

The only mistake you made was that Charlie is actually religious, or was very religious once. It's always nice to read about the side-characters more. I don't know if I'll even do a fic for something that isn't Whedon. It's like, I like other things, but I'm sure I'll never be in love like I am with Whedon or Mutant Enemy ever again. But, I'm glad you did it. You're really good at writing short powerful things. I am not. I do like to go on. Speaking of which, I wanted to tell you that - yeah my new series "Pieces of Now" is whacked, but wait, just wait. Especially, if you think it's weird Faith is dead. On that note, I encourage you to keep at the short powerful fics you do, or do longer ones.

Strange Bint