Reviews for He Doesn't Understand
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 4/10/2015
This was so sad and sweet.
Solarius Scorch chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Very nice, but to be honest it's a cheat: Zuko didn't protest against the attack itself, but against sacrificing young, inexperienced soldiers of the Fire Nation. He didn't spare the Earth Kingdom people a single thought; he sympathised with his compatriots, whose love for the Fire Country was ignored and taken advantage of. This is why he was betrayed: because he had shown humanity towards the Fire Nation, not foreign civilians.
sunnygirl13 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
That was amazing! I loved each pov you had!
WanderingChild96 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Oh, this was one of the first stories I read when I joined the site, and I thought I would go search for it again and finally leave a review to tell you how beautiful it is- Iroh's anger at Ozai, Ozai's selfish reasons behind banishing Zulu, and Zuko's confusion and hurt knowing that his own father thinks he's worthless. You portrayed all of it so well:) This story is truly amazing!
Black-Dranzer-1119 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
This is the first Avatar fic that I have read that is really good. Well done. I love your spin on what happened after the Agni Kai.
Inkcharm chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
I love this. It is a great idea to show these three scenes focused around Zuko's banishment from these three different perspectives. I take it you wrote this before all the background was revealed on the show? Then this is even more of a great job, because it's devised in a way that could easily have been canon.

I think you really captured what's important about the characters, they were believable and their thoughts and motives relate to what we know about them from canon.

I'm looking forward to reading your other works!

Apart from that: I'm happy to find you on . I've already spent hours browsing your DA-gallery and found much joy in doing that.
Sky Stroll chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Wow, that was really good!

Keep writing. :)
The.Truth.Beneath.The.Rose chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Awesome.

Excellent. You made a brilliant thing there. All of them, Ozai, Iroh, Zuko... i just can image them doing that, thinking that and saying that... this fic is emotive, it made me feel everything.

You just got us inside their heads. Incredible. Obviously you wrote it before Zuko Alone. But anyways... this is amazing! Goes to my faves.
soyabeanoh chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Very good. I think you really understood the whole show. Amazing stuff on deviant art too, Booter-Freak :)
knittingpanda chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
I like the style and stuff. but as i'm sure many people have mentioned, it is spelled Z-H-A-O, though Z-H-O-U is the chinese way to spell it. buit it was Zhao whom Zuko defied, it was a nameless general. but I can see why you did that.
Christmas in July chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
*sniff* very sweet!
NightWatcher94 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
that was really good. enjoyed it alot.
Taskmaster78 chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
All in all, a good read

Things I liked: All three of the characters were acting as they ought to. I especially enjoyed the conversation that Iroh and Ozai have in the second part, bringing out the dislike/hatred they share with each that is only hinted at in the cartoons.

Things I disliked (nitpicking details):Given the info from episode 7 of Book 2 "Zuko Alone", the reason Iroh retired was less about the methods used in the War (he seemed like any other fire nation general in that episode's flashback) and more about the less of his son.

Also, while I know Ozai is a liar among many other things, their father Azulon was proud of Iroh, despite him failing to take Ba Sing Se, even going as far punishing (or going to) Ozai for even thinking of taking the throne for himself (again for "Zuko Alone")

But those details aside, it was quick and enjoyable. I was not bored with it, but rather it held my attention till the very end.

Once again, a good read :)
dally chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
Excellent - everyone seemed very in character! I, like 90% of Avatar watchers, absolutely love Zuko, but I'm not a big Z/K fan. But I love getting inside his head! Great story! I really enjoyed it.
ani chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
wow, love how insightful each one is. have to say iroh's is my fav. even though the confrontation with ozai is good too, the tempers flaring is brilliantly done.