Reviews for Powerlust I: In the Dark
Earthspark chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
*Love* this concept! _
Senna Sylvan chapter 4 . 5/21/2013
I just wanted to make a note here that your "training" of Daniel is really fast. I'm pretty sure, as long as I'm recalling it right (I've read all the books until 4 years ago, and some of the youth ones) Jedi training doesn't go that fast. It's not a checklist. You've made the Jedi trainee's pretty helpless, too. Also, Daniel's bit on the symbolism of colors isn't very well done. He would have been more likely to make cultural connections instead of just listing random associations. Colors like red, white, blue, orange have different meanings depending on the culture. Even today our association of color is vastly different from thousands of years ago. Since Daniel is supposed to specialize in Egypt, he would at the very least understand that the associations are different. However, despite this, I am interested in seeing where your story goes, even though it was finished... eight years ago? Sorry for the belated rant.
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 4 . 6/21/2012
Purple in psychology is Spirituality and is one of the most peaceful of colors... Red is as much love and warmth as it is pain and destruction. Red can also symbolize purity in certain cultures. I'm a psychology major with an art minor, so please check facts before coming up with nonsense.
R2-Darth2 chapter 3 . 3/18/2010
Quote: The shot grazed Luke's side and he collapsed

Wtf? Jedi reflexes?
DutchRazor chapter 6 . 2/23/2007
Nice story :D
Macilnar chapter 6 . 10/4/2006
A truly great story. Now I continue on to Part 2...
Gatemage chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
You are amazing! you're story inspired me to put up my own Stargate/ Star Wars Xover! Please check it out and tell me what you think!
mktoronto chapter 4 . 10/17/2005
I love the idea of Daniel being Jedi. Great execution of the concept.
KnowInsight chapter 6 . 8/25/2005
Loved it.

Am D
Ecri chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Intriguing beginning. I loved the idea of a crossover between Stargate and Star Wars, but I have to say that reading in your bio that you are not a fan of Mara Jade was the most compelling reason to read this story. I hate her and she keeps cropping up and ruining all the good Star Wars fics!

Anyway, good beginning. I love Daniel and I like what you're doing with him. Can't wait to read more.
Java Bee chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
Hey there, DJP! It's me, Java Bee :D

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading this. It was an excellent piece of work. You have quite the creative mind when it comes to writing crossovers like this. Very impressive. Great job
Sam Carter O'Neill chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Okay I didn't actually read this because i havent read any new jedi order books cuz i'm a fan of the old jedi order and because I've never played KotOR BUT... I read your profile and i think you're hilarious and with a Stargate/Star Wars crossover? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE COOLER, i ask you? So you get kudos! in the form of a review... how that makes sense, I'll never know!
Aurian's Flame chapter 6 . 6/22/2005
Not bad, not bad at all . . .
Aurian's Flame chapter 5 . 6/22/2005
Cool. Should work on chekcing to make sure that everything is in the right place as far as grammer goes. That is something that usually gets overlooked and makes the stories hard(er) to read.
stcobb chapter 3 . 6/22/2005
A few problems I'm sure you've been told about. To use the eighth and in the future, night chevrons you have to have a ZPM for more power. It's not plasma that comes out of the gate. It's the instability in the event horizon of a forming wormhole because of the power required to create one. The needed power to sustain a wormhole is much less. Also, Jack would just say "zat" or "zats."