Reviews for Hold Onto Me
PrincessRibbon chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
How did I feel when I finished reading this?

Sad. Very sad. Like I was about to cry... TTTT

I feel like crap after reading this. ;;

Not to say that it isn't very well written. Because it is! (I wouldn't feel so sad if it wasn't) Just too sad for me. I'm sorry! :(
hamxham chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
this is really really good...
Yamchas Big Pants chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Very very sad but beautiful fic. :: sniffs::
RoyalFanatic chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Wow, angsty...poor Colette...

Colette: Why did he have to die! WHY!

Um...it's just fiction...I did like this, although it seems one of my sidekicks did not...but, yeah.

Keep up the good work!_
Tifa-Carbuncle chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
Wow...um...note to self: Don't read this fic while listening to 'If You Still Believe' anymore. I feel really...sad. Kinda hollow even. You did a beautiful job creating images with your words. Truly a great story that said more in a few words than some fourty chapter stories say in their entire length.

Really good job.
Kraya chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
How the heck do you THINK we feel? Horrible. I cried over Palmacosta for hours and ran up my game time when I found out I couldn't even see it's rubble, and rebuild it. Heck, I actually forced my way into that area after it was destroyed! The town seemed fine, but each NPC said "Until the end.".. Shut up, Tina. *goes away now..*
FireEdge chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
You're right, that was pretty twisted... Very angsty and sad. But you know, I was just thinking of what a story where Lloyd died in would be like... And there it was, the Author Alert... Anyway, the part that touched me the most was that part with the stuffed animal. For some odd reason, it reminded me of Gundam Wing, where Heero found that girl's dog. I'm droning on, I should stop. Great job though! Congrats on the 100 reviews, by the way!
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
Sad and depressed, that's how I felt. Not a feel good fic at all. The ending was especially twisted.
ObviousMan chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
...Then, she had wrapped her arms around his neck, and buried her face into his chest, listening as the distance between heartbeats increased…

And then… there was nothing...

•.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.•

Turen: ...Beautiful. Moving and powerful. I am impressed. Then again, I would expect no less from one such as you. Congratulations on 100 reviews.

¿ØbviousMan?
timmycheese chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
i dont get it
Ilvinaeda chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
Although a twisted phrase for this story, I "enjoyed" reading this piece.

1) I think that one aspect that I have seen few others write about, and my pitiful attempt failed to fully capture, is that life isn't eternal, isn't perpetual. It is very real...very transient...and that although in the game, our heroes never "die," in life, and in any real story, death is but something we all must come to accept.

I love the way you write. And especially this piece. In less than a thousand words, you managed to capture the truest essence of despair and hopelessness in Colette...in a post-game world, yes...but now devoid of the innocence that once pervaded her entire soul. It's as if she isn't willing to accept that he is gone...and probably never will.

She reminds me of one of the kinds of "ghost stories" you hear...where the spirit, unwilling to lay rest, continues its pursuit of a goal once sought after in life...

That is Colette in this story. She is almost dead...and yet not so. Alive in body, but dead within...only longing for the one thing she knows inside will never return to her.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

2) I think that you should try more angst fiction. You seem to have a sort of knack for it...in "Take Me Away," in this fiction...you write with the wisdom of one who has experienced these feelings, or similar, in life. Perhaps the low points of each individual's life can offer such wisdom...makes you truly appreciate what you have, doesn't it?

3) I think that the most bittersweet thing about this story is that Colette is typically seen as a fluffy, soppy (word borrowed from Lil-Samuu) girl whose entire life's ambition is to keep living for others...and especially for the swordsman who has captured her heart.

In your fic here, though...she has that very essence torn from her. Innocence lost...and the brightness of life swallowed into the bottomless void, known only as despair...

And I think you did a wonderful rendition of the possibility.

4) Please continue! Although it isn't always possible, or practical, do keep going! Your writings have inspired me in many ways...to try things...to interpret the given and add new meaning to already-established figures.

And of course, best wishes. Know that there are those who will read your works, as long as you post. _

Until then...
Lord Cynic chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Oh Lord... (ignores any puns or irony) That was definitely twisted. I feel weird... Excuse me, I need to be alone for a while... *Wanders off aimlessly*
angel white chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Wow, this was short. XD Angst is good.. Palmacosta angst is very good.. I see you have Lloyd dead here. Interesting. A dead Lloyd in a Lloyd/Colette is fine by me.. so.. hm.

Ugh.. I wish I could review more seriously. Because despite the silly stuff I just commented on.. this was really, really sad.. and there really should have been something alluding to this in the game. This was the one thing that happened that.. could have put Colette over the edge completely; even though this wasn't her fault; it was the group as a whole.. Her, being the "Chosen", she felt the most responsibility..

So I liked this.. I really did. :)
Lil-Samuu chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
I just, that, that HURT, right here *points to her heart*. In that kinda heavy, cold hurt kinda way, it's hard to describe. (Not complaining, just describing how I felt because you asked _ ).

I don't know, maybe I'm just too attached to Colette or something *sighs as the Colette chibi steals her toast and acts all cute while doing so* but yeah, something about that really, just, wow.

I think her clutching the bear was the most powerful image to me (although Colette holding Lloyd and him telling her he was afraid, and his heartbeat getting slower was quite powerful too). I have to admit I kinda know that feeling, where you just need to hold onto something because the world around you feels like such a bleak place. I was lucky though, and now have some wonderful people in my life who I love and respect very much, and who remind me that the world's not such a bad place really. Poor Colette doesn't have that, all she's got is that teddy bear. Maybe that's what hurts so much, wanting to comfort her and not being able to do so.

Hm, it's late and I'm rambling, probably not making much sense, so I'll stop nattering on now. But yes, a rather powerful fic somehow, well done. Very nice piece of writing, even if it is very sad.
Rose-Wisteria chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
A quick, short one-shot to let out that writing feeling inside you eh? Hehe, I thought the ending was perfectly written, such a sad ending to such a sad fic. Simply wonderful. The emotions! The drama! Everything! I'm glad to see you back from all the work you have to do. It must be hard to write and work at the same time, huh? But no matter, we all love you and your works. _ Keep it up, KK!