Reviews for Desolate Gail: Redux
reitsu chapter 47 . 4/9/2006
...Wow...what's gonna happen to Troy?
TruebornChaos chapter 47 . 3/30/2006
Been waiting around for this one. Was worth the wait. Looking forward to more.
reitsu chapter 46 . 1/13/2006
The last chapter...surely not the end...?

A truly magnificent story. Emotion, thought, feeling, morals, philosophy, all poured lovingly into this amazing story of 46 brilliant chapters. The best story I have ever read,written by a very talented and dedicated author,Zeronova. I truly admire someone of such great writing skills,feel inspired, feeling reflected souly in the words written.

Everything in this story moves me, the feeling and atmosphere of it. Something I really found that made me really emotional was the inflamed skulls and the...desolate gale that whispered words (I'm still not sure what exactly is being said) of meaning to Ky. The notepad Ky had written on, his thoughts on the war, read by the eyes of a soldier he could not save, Quint Darton, something that has meaning in it.

What I'm trying to say is: a story of humanity written by a truly amazing author will never fade from my mind.
reitsu chapter 42 . 1/12/2006
Wow, things are really heating up! I love the scene wih Ky on that MT,really moving.

One thing is, I don't know who is gonna be madder,Troy for Ky bashing 3 MTs into there city walls or the UN for Ky bashing 3 MTs in TROY'S city walls...
reitsu chapter 41 . 1/12/2006
Very emotional chapter, very well written...I can not say that I don't have tears in my eyes at this moment.

To think, 3 MTs carrying double...but still people remaining in the dying city of Lyon. This reminds me much of World War 2 and what it was like then...though sad this chapter may be it is my favourite.
reitsu chapter 40 . 1/12/2006
I'm scared...scared that this story will end. The few chapters remaining are looming round the corner and I don't ever want to see that shadow...
reitsu chapter 38 . 1/12/2006
Nice chapter here,few typos and letters missing off words but a nice chapter. One thing I forgot to mention in my other reviews is I also like this story because it's consistent in terms of the writing. An unwavering story, the standard high and never dropping, truly exceptional.
reitsu chapter 34 . 12/31/2005
Absolutely brilliant! I never expected a bounty on Dartan! I thought they'd just let him in! There were a few typing errors but that's ok. Oh and two questions:

1. What does "K.I.A" stand for? Seriously, I don't know!

(And about Gestahl, when he says) "I don’t know if I will live to see the day this war ends…when you lead victory to humanity (No pun intended?)...(etc,etc,etc)
reitsu chapter 33 . 12/31/2005
The last few chapters have been a roller coaster ride! Thrills,chills and spills! This story has everything, suspense (love those cliff hangars), drama, action, adventure, romance you name it! The only thing that is absent in this little chapter is... italics and bold writing! I've become so used to it, bold authour, italics thoughts, that I got a bit confused when I was reading Ky's thoughts and the authour chat at the end of the chapter!
reitsu chapter 29 . 12/27/2005
This chapter gave me chills, got my heart rate up and my blood pressure rose. Magnificent!
reitsu chapter 28 . 12/23/2005
I shall review (or at least try) to review every chapter as I feel there aren't enough to do this story justice. It seems like such a daunting task now, 18 more to review...I should have found this ages ago...

There are also a few things I forgot to mention in my other halfway take on the story.

I like the way you write this story, two different types of writing: third person;narration and first person;interjection. It's completely out of the box, like nothing I've ever seen. This is expertly written, something that completely sucks me in when I start reading, like I've been hypnotised to read as much as possible. Also I don't think anyone has chosen this timeline before making it one of a kind.

Another thing I have to praise you on is Justice's thought proccess. It seems so logical for her, everything. There's just so much emotion and thought put into it. Another thing is it makes you think (I've said this before), the morals, philisophical meanings, again everything.

You said (on your website I think) that you would like this to BECOME the history of the Crusades and Guilty Gear. I think you have succeed in that; there's no doubt in my mind that this DIDN'T happen. I say this even if it is in the middle of the story: The history of Guilty Gear.
reitsu chapter 26 . 12/23/2005
Ha! Chapter 26 seems to be 27 as well! Or something like that or 27 is 26! Something is messed up here...
reitsu chapter 24 . 12/21/2005
Overall: WOW! Ha,halfway through reading this monster story.

Description and detail: Description is beautiful, right down to the little dew drops glittering on the emerald blades of grass. You can picture everything and the battles between Gear and human are inspiring and mind boggling even if diguised between masses of description just to say,"Ky slashed left, cutting a Gear arm off." Then again you can't have too much of a good thing (except maybe reading this whole brilliant story, all 46 chapters!), all those words sometimes confuse me(glad to hear you also get confused sometimes, I thought it was just me) , I feel like I have to get through this pile of red tape before I can actually understand that Quint's punched Ky's hand and he let go. But never in my life have a seen a story brimming with this much detail and description!

Plot: Nice plot, so far Quint's in Troy with Bianca (the fake Action Agent(stupid alliteration,yeh right!),a glamourized ! That's funny!)

Ky's in Bordeux gathering troops to march to Gear-infested for Ky but Sol's coming with (Question: isn't Sol out of the Seikishidan? If so how's he coming with?) Always knew it was him when Ky wouldn't read the last name.

Plot Twist: Nice twist there raising Quint from the grave. I thought for sure he was dead but then again there was something in the back of my mind saying, "The authour wouldn't kill a main character this soon in the story!" Sol tagging along with the Lyon soldiers is aslo cool, I know there is going to be pandemonium and chaos there, the usual: Sol's not following orders, going solo, putting soldiers and himself at risk etc,etc,etc.

Characters:Quint: Quint does remind me of Sol, except not as bad as him. I liked this scene where he was crying and telling Bianca about his past in Berlin-5.

Bianca: Sassy isn't she? I guess she's the only one that can match Quint's personallity without being intimidated by him. The description of her appearance was a bit late, I was aching to know what she looked like!

Ky: The usual angel he is, bearing the world on his wings, telling all his soldiers to fight for God etc,etc,etc. I like the scene in the church, it explains a lot of what he feels. Not like him to curse and use foul words but under pressure the can happen. Another thing I like is that the things (i.e. his famed gold cross around his neck and Hope belt, the card's an interesting one) are things that he aquired or made. There are a lot of questions in my mind about why he took that gold cross and the hope belt was nice that he carved it with Quint's knife. The card is still a "What has that got to do with the price of eggs?" thing in my mind but I hope later on in the story it explains why he has become a little magpie.

Spelling and Grammar: I found a few typing errors, somewhere I think there's a t left off that. Some spelling mistakes were 'lay' and 'breathe'. 'Lie' is where 'lay' is supposed to be. At first I thought it was just one mistake but then for most of the 'lie's it was supposed to be 'lay'. Same goes for breathe. 'Breath' is where 'breathe' should be.

Random favourite lines: These I find are funny and stick in my mind the whole time:

1."Heaven or Hell..." Quint murmured to the oncoming Ky as he ran up, slashing right and left at any Gear he could as he tried to break the oncoming storm upon Darton."Let's rock." Ky said back, somewhat unconscious of why he did, but it just popped into his mind, an uncontrollable urge to do so.

2."Here you go, Kiske. Now what? Use our God given angelic wings to ascend to Floor F and out of here?" Darton roused.

... can't seem to find it. A nice one saying, "Eyes plastered above Ky's head as if focusing on some kind of aparatus, a halo possibly." Something like that.

Ok that wraps this up. I'm off to read another 22 chapters of the marvellous Desolate Gale: Redux!
Person With Many Aliases chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Oi oi! Where are you! Don't tell me I'm the only old guy left here in this section!
Iliya Moroumetz chapter 46 . 6/4/2005
A review is long overdue and I think it's about time you got one.

Chapter 44:

The walls go down, yet the barriers go up. For a while, I was wondering why humanity, if it stood united against the Gear threat would have won. But the way some of the people think smashed that idea because even in the face of certain doom, all some people want to do is point and assign blame. Kinda reminds me of a musical I love, called 'Into the Woods' where the 'happily ever after' of several popular Grimm Fairy tales brought about the near destruction of their homes and there was a section where the main characters were tossing about who's fault it truly was. Odd, it's not really related, but I figured it was relavent enough to bring up since that's what it brought to mind.

As for the upper city, again images of Taris from KOTOR I return. Though a part of me would have liked living in there, as opposed to the lower city of Troy, I guess my concience wouldn't let me sleep well enough, knowing that people are doing their best to survive when I'm living in a life of relative ease. But since I don't see that happening any time soon, I won't brood on it.

When you mentioned the interrogation to the leading heads of Troy, it brough back images of the UN tribunal as well. Bunch of stuffed suits that have no idea what its like on the front line and again, Ky 'sticks it to the man', which shows just how cool he is in this time frame.

What really makes me dislike these guys is their tactics trying to put the blame on Ky. And, one of them made an interesting comment that they lived outside the Gear war. Somehow, I believe Justice would have found a way into Troy, even if the walls had never been breached. It also reminds me of the wall that France built after WWI. They put so much faith into its defense, they never considered the idea that future enemies would circumvent their defenses, which the Germans did later on.

It's also interesting to note that Sergio's actions were most likely inspired by Ky's courage. I've read stories in the past where people were able to stand up due to the courage of others. And it's actually nice to see Ky find an ally in Troy of all places. And I'm starting to like him on the basis of the fact he respects Ky's bravery against the leaders. And I can't help but wonder how long the upcoming fight's going to be.

Chapter 45:

Hmm, seems a bit shorter than te usual fare, but considering the upcoming fight, I can let it pass this time.

Inspiring little speech on Ky's part. Gives also a bit of insight on just what kind of youth he had... though it's slightly different than the one I had in mind, but eh, we never were planning on writing our stories in the same continuity.

LaTorri's not the kind of man I'd want for a leader. Just like the old addage goes, he who lives by the sword/gun/etc dies by the same. He says that he's basically controlled the city since he was 20 and somehow, that doesn't sit well with me that decide to rule using force. When people are oppressed, there will always be malcontents that'll fight back if their rights are suppressed in order to maintain an unfair status quo. And, it doesn't surprise me in the least to hear him threaten Ky and his soldiers, and though a part of me thinks he won't be stupid enough to actually do it, the people of Troy seem arrogent enough in their defense to truly believe that they can overcome with without Ky's help. Whatever...

Chapter 46:

Evacuation... the first thing that comes to mind is the evacuation of the Cloud City from the empire strikes back, only it's a lot more bleaker since there really is nowhere to run to if the defense forces and the Order fail.

And though I doubt Darton can do much good with his injury from a few chapters earlier, I doubt he'll just sit around either. Despite Bianca's protests, he'll still fight. It's a stupid thing that we men do so often. :p

Now, though I wasn't sure about Zimmerman, I sure don't like him now when he accused that Order soldier that he'd just as soon stab him as a Gear. That's just plain idiocy and prejudice that's an all too common face that we see every day. Jerk. Though, if there was anything I would have liked to see, it was more of Darton's opinion of what he read of Ky's journal entry.

Next, I thought it kind of strange that the Gears would be using torches, even for intimidation. Their numbers should have been enough. Because it reminds me of the Lord of the Rings movies, which I love because of the huge fight scenes they entail. And for that, I hope the next chapters are good with the fight scenes, 'cause that's what I love most.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter.