Reviews for Redeeming the demon
Patrickov chapter 10 . 12/24/2007
Effectively this is a fiction revolving around Gendo only, as the pace of the plot implies. Very nice written, inspirational and attractive to read, even if the plot might get a bit rush at the latter parts.

**SPOILER**

I am not sure why you chose to end it at the 13th Angel. It seems that Gendo single-handedly averted all remaining angel attacks - I bet you hinted Kaworu's existence but he didn't even get a chance to walk on the stage!

For the ending, it's interesting to see the cast end up living a normal life without excessive emotion to express. I guess this is what Gendo meant by being in the scenario - although I am still a little taken aback when I found he somehow "moved on".

**END SPOILER**
n chapter 10 . 7/25/2007
Very well done.
SEELE08 chapter 10 . 5/16/2006
Good ending! Not like I've not told you that before, but now it's on the record. Now get to work on the next one! *cracks whip* Remember, K-Chan demands it!
Autophage chapter 10 . 5/15/2006
You are definitely king on dialogue. Needed more prose, but the dialogue is definitely where it's at.

The tense atmosphere you created with this short work is very powerful, very impressive. Good job on this story.
vic chapter 10 . 5/15/2006
pity gendo never gets to try to explain himself, but the epilouge was pretty good. a nice end to a very original story, which is not something most people can claim on this website
NefCanuck chapter 10 . 5/14/2006
Interesting way to end this one. I didn't think that Shinji would suddenly leap into Gendo' arms or anything but ouch. More like his father than he'll *EVER* admit.
Despite chapter 10 . 5/13/2006
A happy-yet-bleak ending, quite fitting. I have enjoyed the story, thankyou for writing it.
vic chapter 9 . 5/10/2006
I really enjoyed this fic. you did a good job making the drastic change Gendo made seem in character. well done. i hope to see more in the future.
TheBladesEnd chapter 9 . 5/10/2006
Thanks for delivering again on another great chapter. While I think it's good to think like Hemmingway in keeping the prose simple, too little is almost asking to confuse the reader. Also, I'd recommend line breaks to seperate the scenes, not because I was confused, but because it will help guide readers a little easier.

Aside from my criticisms, I'm totally commited on the story, and I'm very impressed that you decided to end things instead of continuing in regular canon fashion. All around great job, and I will have one more post for your epilogue.

Looking forward to that. :D
Despite chapter 9 . 5/10/2006
I see your scenario is proceeding. No problems exist.
NefCanuck chapter 9 . 5/9/2006
Interesting, for everything that Gendo is trying to do to fix thingns with everyone *else* he still can't find the courage to do the same thing with his own son. It's so fascinating watching you write this.
BLACKANGEL32076 chapter 9 . 5/9/2006
As I said in the now down EvaMonkey forums, this was a wonderful idea and a fantasic story. I'm glad to see Toji come out ot this one ok, and thought the switch was clever. Just to clarify, Unit-00 had Toji's Mom's core installed and Unit-03 went nuts unpiloted this time right? It's almost a shame to see this one end, yet I look forward to seeing how this one ends. Keep up the good work. Later.
Dar Sel'La chapter 8 . 4/19/2006
Well, looks like Gendo has two pissed off Evas to deal with, now that not only Yui, but Kyoko knows what is going on as well, and how messed up thier kids are.
vic chapter 8 . 4/17/2006
I love this fic! Pity Gendo hasn't yet had the chance to explain himself.
TheBladesEnd chapter 8 . 4/17/2006
Alright, this hands down is on my top 10. I didn't think that something like this could get so good, but it has. Look what you've done! I'm just stunned how quickly that things could unravel from the exposistions that were ommited from the original direction in this story yet seem so believable. Incredible, just incredible, but...

Meanwhile, I'd suggest a prereader to fix your grammar errors your upcoming works, since I noticed quite a few mispelled words which broke the momentum that the mood had caused in the last few chapters, but especially in this one.