Reviews for Willow
nhrc chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
a tree with a soul
MaxRide05 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Pretty amazing. The way you wrote this... well, it was fantastic. Words can not describe how much I adore this fic :)
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
This is a brilliant story, very imaginative.
Locked in a Stony Tower chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
I like this POV, it's nice, an ancient tree sharing her experiance with a student at Hogwarts
shadowtrickster93 chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
i love it! so elegantly written, and i truly mean that. i love the way the whomping willow portrays their relationship and the way she keeps digressing is quite amusing. a very unique and creative story from a great POV. great job! :D
Fumie37 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
I really like this.
denise134 chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
iothink u should have added more about the whomping willow and who the child was.
Perilous chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
No, I rather liked it. I'm in a weird pairing sort of mood at the moment.
Templa Otmena chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
Good Evening... perhaps :) It is here so it is bound to be sooner or later wherever you may be.

I hope that you are well. I am on the minutes here so I don't quite have time to email you properly but i just wanted to drop you a line. My computer is once again in the realm of the living so I am back online and almost back on track with my fic ;) Yey! I was swallowed back there by a galaxy far, far away but the release of a certain book in a week or two is bound to set me back on track, can't wait!

I hope to see something from you asap as well. I am hardly one to speak though so I won't be demanding anything ;) Just keep up the good work!

Anyway, take care and UPDATE SOON!

Much Love, Louise ;)
werewolflemming chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
This was a good story. I think that it was a really good idea to write it from the POV of the whomping willow. Sorry, but I can't think of any way for you to improve this-it's good as it is! I liked that you wrote that Luna became an unspeakable-suits her, she's very mysterious. Wonderfully sweet stuff here-keep up the good work!
PhiloNysh chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
I'm afraid, I'm not any good at writing very long reviews, but this story is just amazing. Although I don't particularly agree that the shipping is something that is quite right (the whole professor/student thing), you seem to create a beautiful way of writing. And using the Weeping Willow- well that's pure genius.

simplysarcastic chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
I think that this is amazing. Using the Whomping Willow as the storyteller gives the entire thing a sort of magical, etheral feeling to its words.

The pairing, is indeed unique. I like how you make it so simple... obvious, yet in a subtle way. It works when you write it, and that's truly a gift.

I especially like the beginning and ending to this, though I haven't the foggiest idea why. -ponders- I guess it's just one of those things.

Templa Otmena chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
Lol /very/ slow... but the wait will be well worth it, unlike this review *tuts* Apologies in being so lax, I won't bore you with the RL-ness of it all but it has been /more/ than a pain of late... silly thing!

I loved this piece. I have a thing for trees that stems from a great and loving respect and you captured that, gave The Willow an adorable character and enabled the reader to engage with sentences such as-

'Excuse me; I’m digressing, aren’t I?'

I also love the Universal that was so quietly conveyed whereby the world may change but the earth stays the same. Time has clearly passed but The WIllow doesn't really notice this... dare I mention the word 'Ent'? ;)

I know that you have asked for constructive criticism and I have wracked my brains but I just can't do it! I'm sorry, and I'll try better next time...

Take Care and UPDATE SOON!
a.bolina chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
It was very cool for you to have a story from a different point of view, and while Remus/Luna is a very unique ship, (unfortunatly, I believe, considering how well they seem to play of eachother) you accomplished the most important feat in using those two characters: keeping them both as interesting as they are in canon. Now, that said, I do have some constructive criticism. The point of view is fascinating, and you gave your narrator a personality all its own, but there were some distracting things it entailed. The tree may have been "digressing" a bit, but it was usually relevent to your story and the bits that weren't were interesting. Don't do yourself the disfavor of pointing out when you're going into detail too much because I most certainly don't think any reader would want you to cut out the bits about Lockhart or Sprout, but to point out the digression breaks up the flow of your story. Find ways to either tie ideas together, or don't worry about it and chalk it up to the tree's idiosyncrasies. Along the same lines, don't write "sighs" into the sentences. Again, I think it was an attempt to add character to the tree, but it ended up just being distracting. It's a discredit to your writing ability to actually write in subtext that your superior writing implies anyways. That said, I like how the tree talks to me as a reader, asking me "Don't you agree?" Yes, I do agree and I feel engaged as a reader when you ask me that. Be careful though. You pulled of that kind of engaging style well in this story, but it usually sounds tacky in most third person narratives. I really enjoyed reading this. You have a knack for writing and I am looking forward to checking out some of your other fics.