Reviews for Be or Become
Tysan chapter 7 . 10/15/2014
I couldn't really figure this one out
Tysan chapter 15 . 10/15/2014
So typical of Turin to be difficult even as unborn baby.

The last line is chillingly beatiful
Tysan chapter 3 . 10/15/2014
These vignettes are so perfect I dont know what to say about them but I will try.

The repatition in the two sections between the childish fears easily dispelled and the adult horror gives the piece a feeling like poetry. Its smooth as a stream running and the small interruption (my father) is like a pebble in the stream giving it depth.
The choice of words is inspired. Such a clever juxtaposition ( is that the right word?) Of words, with the undying not living, and the mortal not dying.
mistrali chapter 7 . 9/23/2012
I always wondered why Celeborn stayed behind. This is beautiful - both melancholy and somehow hopeful. "the great silver-skinned trees" is a nice touch, considering the meaning of Celeborn's name.
mistrali chapter 8 . 9/23/2012
It is so very apt that you have Feanor frightened only when all the support and chaos of life has been lifted from him. All his life he's never known what it is to be alone. It makes an interesting parallel to Maglor, whose life after Maedhros' death contained no small measure of grief and loneliness.
mistrali chapter 5 . 9/23/2012
Brilliant last line. Yes, dying is often easier than living. It brings to mind Sam Gamgee's realisation during Frodo's 'death' at Cirith Ungol that to commit suicide would be "to do nothing, not even to grieve".
mistrali chapter 4 . 9/23/2012
I've been searching for this for ages! Beautifully done, and I share your love of Eol. His actions can be attributed to various degrees of cruelty (depending on one's headcanon), but I don't think he was truly evil.

It's an interesting idea, that he *needed* light but couldn't figure out how to entice it to him save through seduction. I like that hint of desperation from both of them.
mistrali chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
Well done on paralleling the two scenarios, and managing to fit it all into 100 words.

"the mortal must not die, and the undying could not live."
Clever wordplay.
Trion Anarre chapter 14 . 10/12/2006
Wow! Definitely not quite what I was expecting from the words "nekkid Caranthir". Still, I like it very much. And the description is good; I know just how [the water] feels.
diotimaism chapter 15 . 7/26/2006
Hello,I begin reading your stories recently and especially touched by this you allow me to translate your works into chinese and post it on my personal blog as well as a chinese lotr&slim forum? my email is looking forward to your reply

diotima
RavenLady chapter 12 . 5/13/2006
*awed pause*

Is there anything you can't write about?

There's a certain . . . distance to this that makes it sound *very* much like the river. Lovely - I can't read it without getting shivers.
Tindomiel chapter 3 . 5/3/2006
Exquisite. I read this chapter aloud and it sounded just... wow. You are a fantastic writer.
Tindomiel chapter 2 . 5/3/2006
Stunning. The imagery of Finrod's vision was almost painfully beautiful. The descriptions are so precisely done, and yet so evocative. Marvellous. One could almost see Finrod's expression in this small snippet.
RavenLady chapter 15 . 4/22/2006
Oh, gorgeous and haunting. I especially love how she "dreams worlds, falling over and over into herself -" astounding play with language. Thank you; I'm an enormous fan of the Edain, and it's not often that such a fantastic writer pays attention to them. Gorgeous.
perelleth chapter 15 . 4/19/2006
"The raven days are coming" I really like that.

She was never a cheerful one, this Morwen, anyway...:-)