Reviews for A Collection of Robin Hood Poems
ood manners make a full man. They are very essential for human civilization. Without good manners, man is like a purse without money, though it is very attractive from outside.

They are the outcome of good breeding. A person who has been brought up in a good environment must have good manners. You may call them the flowers of mankind’s garden.

Never hate anyone at all. It is clear that if we hate others, we congratulate ourselves over the misfortunes and failings of others.

It is a bad reasoning and makes us enemies of half the world. With the help of good manners, we can find entry into the heart of a person and cad therefore earns his love. Good manners are the best recommendations of a man.

One should be sympathetic towards the weak and old. Whenever we see an old’ person in need of a seat while travelling in a train or a bus, we should at once accommodate him.

Besides, when we are cycling and see an old man hesitating on a crossing, we should not cal him an old fool. Everyone must fall a prey to old age. Therefore, an old person must be given a room in the progressive society.

We should speak gently. Even if anyone is harsh to us, we should not use hard words at any cost. We should give up evil thoughts for al time to come. Harshness is a sign of smallness and shallowness.. It makes a man popular.

We should be humble and polite. Politeness costs nothing. It can win us many friends. Sweet words are essential for success in life. We should neither brag nor boast.

We should be obedient to our parents and teachers. We should be industrious. We should never remain idle at all.

We should be ready to help the needy. We should show courtesy to everyone. We should talk only as much as is necessary.

We should do our duty to mankind and ourselves. We should pray to God and thus make ourselves pure. We should never tell a lie. We should not harm anybody.

Good manners are also important when we are in the company of our friends or someone else. When we speak to anyone, we should speak clearly, distinctly and sufficiently loudly for the person to hear.

It is an insult to a person to ask his attention and then speak so that he does not understand. Besides we should speak the truth even though we have to face some obstacles. It takes two to speak the truth-one to speak and another to hear.

We should have all these good manners. They will help us to serve mankind in a better way. Thus good manners are an important limb of good conduct. Without them man has no place in a modern society
Sapphire at Dawn chapter 5 . 3/15/2009
Wow, I love all of these, though Friar Tuck's one is my favourite. It paints a very jolly man, who likes his beer, but also has deeper connection. Nicely done.
DramaCrazy14 chapter 8 . 12/1/2008
Great!Great!Great!G-R-E-A-T!
Hoopdi chapter 8 . 6/16/2005
Lol, it's short yes. But I like it all the same.

The Fie! Fie! Fie's are my favorite part.
Sweet A.K chapter 5 . 6/3/2005
Yay! I love Friar Tuck! He's os cool! Great poem!

Hoopdi chapter 6 . 5/23/2005
I Bow to Thee

A bow, a bow

A bow for Calliope I say!

Give these ballads

Their due respect,

'Twas an update that made my day.

No man or woman

Should skip over what she has writ

You'd certainly

Be an outright fool

To ignore her clever, winsome wit!

sorry. Couldn't resist the spoof.

I like your new additions. "If only he knew who the beggar was, the Sheriff would run away!" Very witty lines there. And LOL, I think it would be awesome if Allan-a-Dale sung these songs, perhaps to a listening crowd...but eh, that's the way my mind works. That aside, I'm perfectly happy with the way it is.

An update, an update

An update for Black Pixie I say!

It would be

Most grievous

If she dare forget and throw all this away!

(I know my spoof sucks, but it's my token of admiration. Take it. :-P )
griiffins chapter 6 . 5/22/2005
Thanks for the update! Those two poems were cool! Will's was still my fave though! Toodles!
Hoopdi chapter 4 . 4/11/2005
OMG yes! Will Scarlet does provide a bit of allure to the legends doesn't he? So it shouldn't be surprisng that there IS a horde of rabid Will Scarlet fangirls here in the Robin Hood category...

And I have to admit, I'm one of them. *sheepish grin*

So naturally, this is my favorite poem of the lot, followed closely by Robin's.

Orlando Bloom would make a TERIFFIC Will Scarlet, though personally, I've always fancied Heath Ledger for him.

*grumbles* Now if we were in living in a more perfect world, all of us Will Scarlet admirers, would be executive producers and directors to a multimilliondollar movie project based solely on the legends of Robin Hood (or, based more on Will Scarlet perhaps?). No more of that Kevin Costner rubbish, we'd cast a REAL englishman for the main part!

And dude, you like Catherine Called Birdy too! That is just one of the best books ever; I never get tired of it. Catherine rocks for she is far more superior than any Robin Hood version of the Mary Sue.

Anyways, I LOVED this!

B.P.
pheebe the anonomus comentor who likes fanfic but's to lazy- er BUSSY- to start an account chapter 4 . 4/8/2005
nice! i love poetry and i love robin hood, so it's a nice combo!
griiffins chapter 4 . 4/4/2005
Loved the Robin Hood poem! The Marian and John ones were cool too! But the WIll Scarlet one rocked! I imagine him to be an Orlando Bloom too! They should make another Robin Hood movie, like Prince of Theives, but without the Americanism, because Robin Hood is purely English! I shoudl write a storyline or script for it...anyway, write more poems! Toodles!
Sweet A.K chapter 4 . 4/3/2005
Yay! Will is the best! lol! Great poem!

Black Cat Ink chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
Simply lovely! I await more.
Sweet A.K chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
This poem Rocks! Very cool, I imagined a bunch of drunk men singing this in an off tune way. lol!

Hoopdi chapter 2 . 3/30/2005
wow. These songs/poems are just loverly and I can see how talented you are at songwriting. I especially like Robin's poem: "Of sky and fox, of golden hair, of bravery and good...this outlaw Robin Hood."

And thank goodness there's also someone out there who realizes that Marian doesn't need to be an I'll-kick-your-butt-because-I-can wonder woman to be stout of heart. "I see her being incredibly brave, but feminine in her ways."

I heartily agree.