Reviews for Lavender and Ink

-Aila
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Beautiful and interesting.
Crimson Cupcake chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
The last line. Bittersweet. Ouch. I'm sorry for the short review, but I think it's too beautiful to put into words
Levade chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
He smells of lavender and ink...

Who could resist that image? For such a short story, this packs a LOT of clues of who you see Glorfindel as, as well as how Elrond sees him. ...That sentence really stinks!

The end line was a kicker. Perfect! Glad to have found your stories (following links, as ever). Hope to read more!

Peace,

Levade
Ashti chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
That last sentence is perfect.
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
I love your opening and closing lines: "He smells of lavender and ink, this singer and scribe..." and "Sometimes he still calls me EƤrendil."

You have a wonderful way of rounding out a ficlet.
seeing-spots chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
How sad and beautiful. I think you captured the soul of Glorfindel beautifully.
Unsung Heroine chapter 1 . 4/1/2005
The picture you paint right here (and I can think of no other way to describe what you are doing here) is simply beautiful. And that last line... whoa. Haunting, kind of. :)
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 4/1/2005
So beautiful. The descriptions were so vivid. What a wonderful description of my favorite Elf! I loved the description of the lavender and ink smell - such a little says so much! And all the little ways he had of mourning the fall were so prominent, though small they were. The last line...there are no words to describe the last line. It was so strong, so poignant it stings. Magnificent job!

Avie
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
This is a lovely description of my favorite Elf-lord! We can see Elrond's personality as well in his observations of how Glorfindel has recuperated in the peace of Rivendell ("He speaks, he laughs-he _sings_."), and his sad foreknowledge that the coming war will bring old sorrows back to haunt Glorfindel.

And what a punch you packed into that powerful last line! I've done that myself, under stress or excitement-called my grandson by my son's name, or my daughter by my sister's name. How well it fits that Glorfindel would do the same at times. Beautiful.
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
Beautiful. I love that Glorfindel has "grown younger" since his return to Arda - interesting thought. And the scent of "lavender and ink" is a good description. Did you know that in the Victorian flower-language, lavender stood for devotion?