Reviews for Gray Stones
ProtoBlues chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
I think Akira would win at this game of Go, regardless of color. He can remember every move he and his opponent makes. Just like the time he played while blindfolded. Even if Sanami makes quick moves, from the process of elimination, Akira can figure where she placed her stones.
kickkid3 chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
Wow. It's kind of weird though. There was this one episode where Hikaru was able to play this 2-dan with just white stones so shouldn't Touya be able to play with all gray stones? Well, that'll probably ruin the story, but I'm just saying. In real, Touya would be able to play with all gray stones. Well, I still like your story. Update soon.

~AYW~
kickkid3 chapter 2 . 7/30/2005
How can they allow Akira to be in the Go club after he became pro? You're story's really good though! Update soon!

~AYW~
Lokiador chapter 2 . 7/7/2005
Very funny, poor Akira, being harassed by such a brat! I like this fic!
Sailorstar165 chapter 2 . 6/30/2005
Me: Great chapter! Wish I could play Go!

Riku: Why not buy a book...?

Me: Becuase I spent all of my money at that convention a few weeks ago...

Riku: -_-;

Me: Update soonish!
Lokiador chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Very funny and very interesting, I like your story! Please carry on!
jasonred chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
Nicely written, except the Gray Stones go is... m, actually, it's easier to play with same color stones than no stones at all. Touya's problem with his "bullied by seniors" game was that he was playing multiple games, AND against someone who played weird hands too.

For single games, players single digit kyu or higher would usually be able to reconstruct the entire game from memory.

Next, at the higher levels of play, there isn't so much capturing of stones, usually, groups are just recognised as dead.

Having Sanami take almost every point of teritory from Touya Akira is just ridiculous. For two reasons. Firstly, strong, wait, let me correct myself, EVERYONE except total newbies would just resign once the game is pretty much lost. Unless they felt like training their Yose or something. Secondly, I'm probably about 18-20 kyu, and even with the disadvantage of being unsure where my pieces are, I wouldn't lose to a player of similiar strength by more than 20 moku. Of similiar strength.

As a bit of a Go player myself, I felt like a football fan would if someone wrote a fic about some amatuers challenging Liverpool to barefoot football... and winning by 10 goals.

So, overall I'd say good writing, poor understanding of Go. Let me stress the good writing part more. Other than the Go part, I found the language and flow of the story among the best I've seen, and I browse through quite a few fanfics. Suggest you watch some high level Go though.
Sailorstar165 chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
That was pretty good. What's with Sanami anyway? I liked it a lot! I'm glad a know what Hikaru No Go is (to a certain extent atleast). Do you know how to play Go?
DarkFusion chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
This seems to be a pretty interesting fic you're writing. Your OC seems a bit annoying at first, but after reading this whole chapter, she does seem a bit interesting and I think I'd like to see how things go between her and Akira in the next chapter. Looking forward to what happens next (along with the Hikaru/Akari part even if it is slight).

You made one mistake though, I'm not sure how far you are in the anime or manga, but later on there's an episode where Hikaru's able to play Go against an expert player using the same color stones. Hikaru is able to do it (and very well) for a while but eventually loses track of the stones. So I don't think Akira would find Sanami's game impossible, just complicated. Just felt you should know this. Anyway, please update soon.
39 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3