Reviews for Harry Potter and the Freedom of Apathy
DocSlendy chapter 1 . 4/29
damn.
Darth Krande chapter 4 . 4/10
This is a pearl of fanfiction. Grats!
era-romance chapter 15 . 2/22
enjoyable story.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 2/1
I really enjoyed this story. I do wish I could have seen Harry just walk up to Ron an - him, but I guess we can't have everything.

Albus certainly did prove himself to be a manipulative old man who just couldn't allow Harry to be happy on his own terms, which stinks. He may not have been malicious at the end, but he still pretty much forced his will on Harry, as he had done for most of Harry's life.

I liked Harry's way of ending Riddle and his creeps. I just wonder whether, when all is said and done, there will be real change. Minister Diggory seems genuine in his desire for said change, but is that enough with idiots like Ron still in existence? With Harry in charge of Hogwarts, he can be a true agent of change, but it will take many years, possibly many generations. I hope he is up for it.

Thank you for sharing your story.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 2/1
"They were asking him to protect a way of life that Harry didn't feel was worth saving." And that is the answer to the problem.

Your version of Ron is a perfect picture of what is wrong with the Wizarding world. He blames what is wrong with his world on Harry rather than admitting that the Wizards created the problem. He doesn't want to do the hard work necessary to fix what is wrong in his society, because he doesn't really want it fixed. He just wants the attacks to stop, so that he can continue living his corrupt little life. He is lazy. He continues to curse and blame Harry for the attacks, yet he expects Harry to just step up and put an end to them, so that he can go his merry way. When Harry refuses to save a corrupt society so that it can continue its abuses, Ron and the rest of Wizardkind are angry. Too bad, so sad.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 2/1
I hope Harry can remove Albus's memories, if necessary. I don't trust him where Sanctuary is concerned.

As far as Tonks goes ... wasn't she identified as Harry's mate when she first entered the portal and arrived on Sanctuary? Is it possible that Harry (clueless, as usual) has simply not realized that he loves her? She seems to love him, although I'm not sure she has identified the feeling yet, either.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 2/1
What is Ron's problem? Why does he care about House-Elves anyway, all of a sudden? He never did before.

Dumbledore isn't vilifying Harry, but he seems to think Harry's allegiance or services can be bought. Voldemort, too, seems to think Harry's involvement is inevitable. Harry, however, really doesn't seem too concerned about the impending war, as long as the Wizards keep it among themselves and don't harm or involve innocents ... which, I suppose, encompass all non-Wizard magical races; all creatures, magical or not; all innocent Muggles; and all children. If either side harms the Goblins, though, I expect Harry's wrath to explode against the perpetrators. It won't be pretty.

I wonder if Voldemort knows what a Paladin is and whether he realizes Harry is one.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 2/1
Tonks's dad is a MuggleBORN, not a Muggle. I'm always amazed at how many people get that wrong ... or feel the need to change his status.

I looked up Paladin, and the Urban Dictionary definition sounds a lot like Harry: "The Paladin is a class of Warrior that is fully devoted to kindness and ridding the Universe of Evil. They are very religious, and have an extremely strict honor code, as well as a soft spot for children and animals. In combat, a Paladin with a cause is almost impossible to defeat."

This quote was used with the definition: "Paladins fear nothing, for Evil fears them."
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 1/31
I worry about Sanctuary becoming too well known to the wrong people. How long can it be before Hermione wants to join Harry ... and drag the "ginger whinger" with her? And Dumbledore? And once he knows, Riddle will know, because he is bound to try and engineer a confrontation between Tom and Harry.

Are the Acromantulas a good idea? I'm actually surprised that Aragon allowed Harry to talk with him without attempting to eat him. The Veela should at least help Harry enjoy himself!
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 1/31
So Harry is in Atlantis. I hope Hermione doesn't attempt to come there. But perhaps she can't, as her motives would be less than pure. That would certainly exclude all DEs and most other wizards, at least among those that Harry knows. Normally, I would class Luna as pure, but I'm not sure now.

Yeay! Hedwig has joined Harry! I wonder what Tonks has to say and how Harry will respond to her.

It will be interesting to see if Fawkes shows up to communicate with Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 1/31
I'm stunned. Dumbledore actually seems to be a voice of wisdom and reason here. NOT surprisingly, Ron and Molly are both idiots. If someone doesn't think or act as THEY feel he should, then he is OBVIOUSLY Dark and to be feared. (That is usually Albus's tack.) Idiots.

Snape, as snide and sneering as ever, at least seems to grasp the basics well enough: Harry holds the so-called "Light side" in about the same contempt as he does the DEs. If they leave him alone, he will return the favor. Perhaps he sees deeper and realizes they aren't ALL as light as they would like to appear.

I'm not sure why Tonks seems to want to press the issue with Harry. He seems to have made his wishes perfectly clear. She is acting a lot like Hermione usually tends to do. At least, Harry will be glad, no doubt, to see Hedwig.
ExRevolution chapter 8 . 10/31/2016
Oh crikey? What is he, Australian? Never heard of a person from the UK who said 'Oh Crikey' before
Guest chapter 2 . 10/6/2016
I'm the one who said fuck you, sorry, I'm just bored, Indid not think it would actually send.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2016
Fuck you
mckertis chapter 15 . 8/23/2016
This is unnecessarily bloated. 3 chapters could have the same impact and meaning.