Reviews for Comfort Me Not With Cookies
Excellent.
Borys
IstariWho chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
WHAT IS THIS MADNESSS!
It is kind of blasphemous to the Tolkien legacy, but better than a lot of horrible stuff I've read. I'm glad you are writing this in jest, some writers have written similar stories seriously.
This made me laugh... more than I would care to admit...
Hannon-le!
Gwen Eruanna chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Wow. That was—bad. I'm certainly glad you're never going to do this! It's way too clichéd. But oh, so funny.
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
This was hilarious. And I'm somewhat jealous that this little bit of a parody story has a great deal better plot to it than most completely serious stories. Wonderful job.

I actually misread that line "Faramir has a nightmare about surfing a five-hundred-ft. tidal wave, orcs in Ithilien". I thought it said "Faramir has a nightmare about surfing a five-hundred-ft. tidal wave of orcs in Ithilien. XD
Rian Steelsheen chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
LOL! This is just WONDERFUL! I love it, I LOVE it!

Seriously, this gathers nearly all of my major pet peeves! It gathers so many of the clichés that made it in the fandom... God, It's even worse than PJ's mess! It's my worse nightmare!

Definitively in my parodies' top five, even top three! this is my favourite of all your stories!

You know I nearly missed this? I didn't thought I would like it so much, I looked just out of curiosity, since I liked your other serious stories...

I laughed at loud from the start to the end! I'm still chuckling like a mad girl!

I wanted to cite some of the passages that I liked much but really, I would need to copy the entire stuff!
Clodia chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
You know, I favourited this story a while ago but didn't review, for which more shame me! So now I'm going to say that not only do I love the hilarity here, but also that I always end up with this weird desire to read the actual story (even though you'll never write it, WOE). Faramir's repeated angstiness, the kittens, the cookies, the paternal issues, the dreams, the unhappy wizard - well, okay, the whole lot makes me laugh. It's all wonderful. Thank you!
Virtuella chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
"Faramir has the “Sword-that-was-broken” dream, along with a nightmare featuring Denethor roasting marshmallows." ROFL! This whole, whatshallwecallit, story amused me very much indeed, hehehehehe. Especially the strawberry-scented shampoo! However, the thing that really takes the biscuit is the lembas bakery in Minas Tirith!
oldRazberri chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Omg, that's so funny! Lembas cookies... xD I was about to puke with laughter.

Best Mary-Sue bashing, Legomance ever! Whoo hoo...made me giddy with joy! (That doesn't make sense.)

*falls off Deeping Wall giggling*

~Raz
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Actually... no. I wouldn't choose immortality with Legolas. For once, I'd get bored of all those drooling fangirls constantly following him all around! ;)

I loved your story, definitely a great parody of all those bad fandom clichees! (from abused!Faramir to female tenth walkers who fall for Legolas).

The bits I particularly found hilarious:

"Boromir makes a huge fuss over his little brother, embarrassing Denethor, who gave the kid a cheap grey cloak, the same gift he gives him every year. Boromir gives him a new ermine-trimmed velvet cloak, a month’s free passes to his favorite brothel, the deed to their mother’s beach cottage, and a kitten." Couldn't help laughing out loud!

"Faramir has a nightmare about surfing a five-hundred-ft. tidal wave, orcs in Ithilien, and Denethor chasing him through a mausoleum with a torch in his hand." It's amazing how you could turn these dramatic moment into such amusing parodies! Great job!

"She also becomes Arwen’s best friend and they exchange recipes." They what? Hilarious!

"He sends the three travelers off with a basket of Serena’s stale cookies, a six-pack, and a bottle of his strawberry-scented shampoo." Even Galadriel was unable to give grander gfts! :))

"Overcome with emotion (and the thought of the bill for the therapy he will need for the rest of his life), Faramir loses consciousness." Poor, poor weepy!Faramir... :))

"Faramir and Eowyn comfort each other in the Houses of Healing so well that by the time Aragorn returns to the City to be crowned, Eowyn is in a delicate condition and she and Faramir must plan their wedding." Whoops! hehehe...

A wonderful humour story, I trully enjoyed reading it! :)
Alaenor JS-XIII chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
*Laughs* That's great! It throws in almost all the plot cliches, looks like it's trying to take itself seriously at the same time, and is hysterically funny. It's a bit odd you threw in the Mithrellas bit at the end though. Shouldn't she be the long-lost elven princess of a destroyed realm, rather than an attendant of Nimrodel? Ah, well, I love it anyway!

*Walks off, still giggling*
Vega Black62 chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Really funny! Ilove this line: "Denethor decides it’s time to have that nervous breakdown he’s been staving off since Finduilas’ death. He retreats to the White Tower with poor unconscious Faramir."

This is agood read.
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
My goodness.

That was the best-written fiction-bashing story EVER. Love the sarcasm.

Violin Ghost
Lady Almaren chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
This made me giggle. Best Mary-Sue ever! (At least she remembered to bring the cookies this time. As we all know cookies are the source of all things good in the world.)
Nienor Niniel chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Oh dear - I can't believe that I missed this so far. Poor Faramir, you have collected practically all that has ever been done to him by the movies and in fics. And I am quite convinced that I know some of the fics you are referring to. "Pouty"...

Very good parody! Nienor
MithLuin chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
I cannot tell you how happy I am that you did *NOT* write this story, but I laughed many times, particularly at all the comforting Faramir needed ;).