Reviews for Tom Riddle and the Mirror of Erised one shot
MaiWishes chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Interesting read
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
That was actually really good. I didn't think I'd be able to see the humanity in a character like Tom Riddle but you did an amazing job at making it happen!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
I love how you've woven canon details into an utterly believable backstory!
I'm left with 'if onlys'
Emotional Scorpio chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
That was a very creative way to explain why he called his followers Death Eaters.

angelic fanfic writer
Rameelia chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Such a haunting image of Voldemort's beginnings... It's truly horrible to imagine how his pining for immortality and finding the ways to achieve it had been born. But, somehow, I find your story to justify him (well, that was the point, wasn't it?) and mitigate somewhat the monster (which is now a questionable term) he became later.

What did Dumbledore say in the second book? That it isn't the skills but the choices that define a person? Perhaps, he said nothing of the like... can't remember. Anyway, death and bereavement afflicts people in different ways; for example, Snape was bitter and angry, Harry had a heroism complex (no matter what he himself thought) and Voldemort... well, he surpassed by far even the nasty git that was Snape, which is saying something. But he had every reason to. And you've managed to show that beautifully.

This was a very interesting, though not easily read story that blurred the clean-cut borders between good and evil, black and white. Thanks for sharing!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Wow wow wow...

I love it
deleted2012 chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
its so sweet, what tom sees in the mirror
Madame Wilhelmina chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
I loved it. I like the role that Tom's parents played in the story. I had a feeling that the wizards you were mentioning were Death Eaters. Good job!
Ambrosien chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Love the last paragraph (well, the whole thing really!) it sums up Tom's descent into Voldemort so well, and you managed to write him as dark but not truly evil, one of the most difficult tasks to achieve when writing Tom Riddle. Anywho, i've rambled enough. Long story cut short- i love this!
Itallia chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Ah, the parallels...

Nice little write, I'm surprised to find that I never wondered if Tom had a reason for everything he did. I think I assumed it was just the generic "I'm going to be evil and immortal" and because he wanted to purge wizard-kind of any outside influence.
K.C. Jones chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
It's always refreshing to see the story from Tom/Voldemort's ,Tom...all he wanted was his mother and someone who loved him..so I still like it!.
Lady Sporkess chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
omg this is great
Magalud chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Your story is well-written and Tom Riddle is totally in character, coherent with canon. A sad story, because it tells us Tom made his choices in a conscious way. And it's strange to see Tom as mommy's little boy. Iliked it.
kerosama chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Simple amazing work, I only rec you on my LJ, and put your history on my faves!)

BRAVO!\o/
pIeRr'S gIrL chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
well u were right i did like it... no wait i didnt like it... i LOVED it! OMG! it's like u know him personally! wow, it feels so real, i feel like this actually happened! ADD TO FAVORITE LIST! _