Reviews for On Your Shore
Guestosalam chapter 15 . 5/5
It's been seven—maybe eight?—years since your last update and I hope if finds you well.

Just found this, read it once, read it again, it's even better on a second read. You've transposed the characters into a new story in what's effectively a new setting while still preserving—and arguably even refining—their essences; your prose flows so well and it's styled just so...judiciously: unafraid of simplicity, yet unhesitating to dazzle where it should, and always with an understated elegance.

I could go on and on, but, honestly—you can write; you can really write.

My life's the richer for having read this. Thank you.

PS: this reunion reads much more realistically to me—and thus much more convincingly for me—than any Hollywood-esque run-and-hug. I don't think that's cynicism, it's just life more as it is.

PPS: I don't consider it a cop-out to translate the 'love scene' as you have. Aside from being a nod to the source material, doing it as you have hits the same emotional notes: the vulnerability, intimacy, and expression of support for Yuna's chosen, difficult path are what resonate—at least for me—and it lends itself well to languid floating broken up with some kissing here and there.

PPPS: If I may dare to make a suggestion—motivated only in hopes of seeing you bring this to a conclusion, should you so wish—I think one way to move forward again is just to have Tidus and Yuna meet Jecht ASAP. This seems like it can be done naturally: his friends would be glad they're "official" but keep telling him Yuna deserves better than to be sneaking out every night, and Lulu seems like she'd make that introduction a condition for her ongoing assistance—no more sneaking around on her watch! Jecht seems like he'd inadvertently reveal her true parentage to her, provide some of the context to explain why it's been kept from her, and—surprising himself, even—find himself vociferously-defending Auron to Tidus. In the same way that the more-"cynical" reunion rings truer, for me at least, it would ring very true for Jecht's side of the decade-old Auron/Jecht feud to just...evaporate...as soon as Jecht sees that Auron has realized Braska's dream (of a happy life for his daughter). He would still have to reconcile with Auron, of course, but he'd find himself barely remembering what they were so mad about back then.

Or something, I know you said you planned this out and I wouldn't presume to tell you how this story should go.

Thanks, again, for writing this and, again, I hope this finds you well.
Guest chapter 15 . 2/19/2018
I can wait 3 years. ;)
hello chapter 15 . 12/7/2017
lovely, i love this tenderness between the two made me blush and smile. (psst btw, its been 6 years, you said 10, only 4 for your promise to be broken haha. but no presure, you write really well!)
AmazingRuin chapter 1 . 7/4/2017
I knew what I was doing when I started reading this. I saw the date for the last chapter, I read the update on your profile from 2012... I knew that it wasn't completed, but I couldn't stop myself. Your writing is just so beautiful, so compelling and raw. I drank in all the stunning words you wrote and dreamt where the story would go next when my eyelids became too heavy to continue reading. And now, here I am. Despairing, because there's been no update for 6 years. It's always the best authors that take ages. I accept that, because it's always worth it. But please, just know, this story is not forgotten and will be pined after for as long as it takes. Thank you for this beautiful story. I hope to see more from you soon.
Guest chapter 15 . 5/13/2017
Well um, you said it wouldn't be 10 years, so...

You got 4 years left :D
SeekerOfPeace chapter 15 . 11/6/2016
DARN IT,KIDS!GET MARRIED OR SOMETHING! Or at least get engaged.
Again,I'm half ...
I'm curious about the secrets of Yuna's father actually.
SeekerOfPeace chapter 9 . 11/5/2016
You said that Tidus's thoughts about Yuna for his age were unnatural. They aren't unlike mine,in the sense that I don't stray into unclean thoughts. I've recently had a slight crush for someone. Im a teenager so I sometimes have ahem.. urges yet even when I do I'd shield parts of my mind from the burning onslaught it brings. Those parts include her,the same way i do for my family.

meh,perhaps I'm wrong but here iit is my 2 cents of thoughts.
SeekerOfPeace chapter 6 . 11/5/2016
"It's a Hibiscus,it only blooms at night"
Me:WHAT LIE IS THIS!

Jking...:)Ok I'll calm down now.
The hibiscus is my country's national flower(a red hibiscus to be exact) and as far as I know hibiscuses,red or white do bloom in daylight. I'm not aware of any specific blooming time though and maybe you're talking about a different kind of hibiscus.
charlatain chapter 15 . 10/3/2016
Writer's block? I feel like the you've set up your story so incredibly well, it should practically write itself! I'm so curious to find out what is haunting Auron, who killed Donna, who broke into Jecht's sphere closet, what's Seymour's plans-so many mysteries left to solve! Please don't let it be 10 years!

This was grade-A, quality fanfiction. Some of the best writing I have ever read on this site. Don't give up!
Ashlen the Moonstruck Aquarius chapter 15 . 10/12/2015
This chapter makes me happy... And it's a Monday.
Q-A the Authoress chapter 15 . 9/26/2015
Awwwwwwww. How wonderful.

Q-A the Authoress chapter 3 . 9/24/2015
XD Overprotective Auron was hilarious and adorable.

Q-A the Authoress chapter 2 . 9/24/2015
Hmmm, my guess it's Zanarkand.

Guest chapter 15 . 1/9/2015
This is a fantastic fic! I love everything about it and everything you translated from the games, from the deep Spira lore to the characters' relationships. Tidus and Yuna's relationship is beautiful and believable and makes me feel soft and warm inside.

I wish you the best with your next update, and I await it eagerly!
speedythesloth chapter 15 . 12/2/2014
First of all, this is the best piece of literature I've ever read on this site... It's been three fucking years, can't you update!? Your choice of diction is just marvelous, and the plot is thoroughly intriguing. The only tiny thing that gets me is the minor spelling differences in British English (I'm an American), but it gives it a classic quality that further promotes its excellence.

So for fuck's sake, could you come back and finish it? :)?