Reviews for The Titan Chronicles, Ep II: Clash of the Titans
Lilybud chapter 24 . 6/22
Just...perfect. Terra's "Dick" joke, Raven's knowledge of truth of Terra beforehand and Terra willing to admit it, and Raven's epiphany of how much the photos represent! I do not think I could be happier with this story! Along with the impeccable writing and grammar, the character development and well-thought out plot were gems to experience in this fandom!
Lilybud chapter 23 . 6/22
Funny how Raven's in her own mind, knows the mental tricks, and yet was the only one who couldn't break out of the delusion herself. Goes for show her important her friends are to her. Also I loved the ending! I've said this before, but I like how Raven and Terra's reconciliation with each other isn't thrown about at random, but truly shows the depths of each of them: how Raven at heart truly does not want to harm Terra and how Terra, in her determination, is willing to do anything to redeem herself. I could not have seen this going in any other way! This was perfect!
Lilybud chapter 21 . 6/22
I may just be a softie for dream-scapes like these, but I really liked Cyborg and BeastBoy's-they're probably my favorite of the illusions.

Cyborg's was great, and showed off how much he learned and the confidence he gained in his episodes: "For a few long moments Cyborg stared at his hands in silence, as though he were seriously considering Fixit's words. But then Cyborg closed his eyes, took a deep breath...
...and laughed.
And laughed.
And laughed...

And when Cyborg looked back down, Fixit was gone, and the titanium teen was himself again."

I'm pretty sure anyone would melt at Beast Boy's virtues (seriously, how many guys would say this?!): "You think you can just give her b**** and call that an improvement?.!.?.! Beast Boy screamed inside his head. You don't know anything, Malchior! I love Terra! The REAL Terra! And there's no way I'm going to give in to this...this...PUPPET of her you've created!"
Lilybud chapter 20 . 6/22
The last bit of proof of Terra's genuine redemption: her reaction to seeing her friends die at her hands now.
Lilybud chapter 18 . 6/22
I like your take on the mindscapes, especially in the describing how each one is customized to the person: Starfire's is colorful, Raven dark and lonely, and Terra's filled with nature.
Lilybud chapter 17 . 6/22
And Raven has the brains again.

Remember when I said that I admire how planned the story is? This, the ending, is an example. This may sound a bit out of place since I've already read this story and am going back to review, but I like how it doesn't feel like events are thrown around at random for Raven and Terra to work together, but everything logically progresses and feels natural, for lack of a better word, as a well-constructed plot should. All the emotions were conveyed well, such as how hard it is for Raven to give her trust again, and Terra's anxiety of being worthy of it and the task up ahead.
Lilybud chapter 16 . 6/22
I think Terra should've seen that coming. To be frank, she did not only betray the Titans, but all the citizens in the city, as well. At least this gives her a chance to make up for her past. I'll admit I haven't read many stories about Terra, but I think this story has handled both her redemption and her consequences the best. They are realistic, while still giving hope that anyone can succeed with a second (or third, in Terra's case) chance.
Lilybud chapter 15 . 6/22
Again, I admire the thoughtfulness and logic in this story, such as when Malchior sapped Starfire's power and allied with Red-a nice twist! It felt like you truly explored all the possibilities to find the one that makes the most sense, unlike a lot of stories where the plot-lines can be absurd. Like I thought, Yellow is awesome in this! You'd think that Raven would know better than to doubt her own intelligence, though.
Lilybud chapter 13 . 6/22
Wild guess, that isn't Raven. I like your take on Terra's slow redemption. You can tell she is honestly trying to make up for her mistakes and understands the severity of them. Still, she is a tough subject to work with. While Slade is a master manipulator, and especially so for a vulnerable girl, it was still Terra's choice in the end. I understand why Raven didn't want to revive her, as her trust has been broken so many times, but on the other hand the choice was not up to hers to control a life. I thought everyone's responses were realistic (excluding "Raven's" lack of visible grief over the casulties-nice job though of getting in her head. It made the tragedy that much more poignant.)
Lilybud chapter 11 . 6/22
Gosh, while I doubted Starfire and Robin would be killed off, you still made me wonder. Poor them! Their scene just tugged on the heartstrings!
Lilybud chapter 10 . 6/22
I'm happy that even though Beast Boy is furious, he still is trying to find a way to save Raven. It's heartbreaking though to see the tension between those two, but I suppose there's no other realistic way around it. I would be just as mad as Raven! Terra, however, does seem to be changing for the better and is humble. Oh, forgot to say, but it was brilliant to form the connection of the Earth Titan too act as catalyst to Terra's revival, all while bringing a dash of mythology into this modern-day universe.

Clever way of removing Slade's outfit, by the way.
Lilybud chapter 9 . 6/22
This was a great take on how Terra would be revived. I liked how it had to be Beast Boy, someone close to her, that had to revive her. Also, nice job incorporating the runes. It fits nicely.
Lilybud chapter 7 . 6/22
This swap in perspective was cool, as was Yellow's plan. I have a feeling I'm going to like that emotion a lot...
Lilybud chapter 5 . 6/21
You write Malchior very well! Your dialect is spot-on, and I like the connection you made between the spells he taught Raven...and what Raven taught him. Smart!
Lilybud chapter 1 . 6/21
Captivating beginning! The sentence: "...she'd betrayed Raven's trust, destroyed Starfire's innocent friendship, spit on the final chance Robin had given her, turned Cyborg's best and most carefully-crafted defenses against their creator...and perhaps worst of all, broke Beast Boy's heart...no, that was an understatement. She'd held his heart in her hands and slowly, torturously squeezed the light out of it before utterly shattering it." sums up Terra's betrayal perfectly.