Reviews for Stars
Chepseh chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Wow! A story from the POV of Shorter might not sound as attractive as (the more widespread) Ash's or Eiji's POV at first, but I am very happy that I decided to read this slightly different sort of BF fic. Very in-character, very eloquent and very good at portraying subtle human emotions! Again you are creating a pretty believable little world inside the big canon world of BF, this time a drunk night out of the three boys. Some of my favourite parts are probably:
„I put my sunglasses back on and stare at the fire. "We're gonna get ourselves killed, you know," I say, partly to Ash and partly to myself. "This thing feels bigger than we can handle."“
„My friends don't even look up when the crisp pop of my beer tab breaks the silence, and I know this great thing they're feeling might lead to the worst moments of their lives.“
„Eiji laughs, low and intimate and meant only for Ash.“

Human, silently graceful, and yet still with that certain bit of pathos that is imho pretty typical for manga as well as typical for BF itself.
AeryonSun chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
Very nice, so subtle and sweet. I think this shall be one of my favorites. Very, very nice.
Talimee chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
You've heard it maybe ten times before but I gladly say it again: This story is beautiful!

Although it is short you manage to get a firm hold of the surroundings as well as the special situation they are in, the plot is straight forward and comes to a good conclusion but also shows some signs of the nearby future (especially Shorter's sentence where he predictes their deaths). All in all an easy and good story - just like a spin-off from Akimi Yoshida herself.

I would greatly enjoy seeing more of you in this or other fandoms.
Sunfalling chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
More BF ficcage! I love this piece; it's so subtle and bittersweet. Taking it from Shorter's POV is a nice touch and I feel like all the little descriptive details come through so strong and clear. Well, I'm not very skilled at review writing, but I'm very glad to read this. Thank you.
Kay chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
Oh my... you never cease to amaze and take my breath away when you write Banana Fish. *sighs happily* No one else does it quite like you. You have no idea how giddily happy I get whenever I click on the Banana Fish page and notice an update. Wow.

This is... painfully sad in a way (it's sad that months later and the ending of the manga still punches me in the gut). But it's also touching and wonderful, and Shorter- whom I already loved and was excited to notice was the narrator in this- makes it just the perfect touch. It's fantastic. Well-written and aching, especially with the brilliant little lines dotted in there... "Eiji laughs, low and intimate and meant only for Ash," almost broke my heart. That's lovely. So is Ash's drunken gestures and the way Shorter is happy he's wearing sunglasses.

Overall? As per your usual, it's stunning.

*clings to it*
Kay chapter 1 . 4/5/2005

Overall? As per your usual, it's stunning.

*clings to it*