Reviews for Ascent
consumedly chapter 24 . 7/1
This was such a delicious surprise to find, thank you! I liked the things you played around with, there was so much potential in the first story, and you made it through, just Gosh you're awesome!
lexicon63738 chapter 24 . 5/17
Bittersweet. Thankyou for this treasure
This is the best Hermione/Voldemort fanfiction that i have ever read. It's perfect and make me want to read more of your stuff.
Thank you SO much.
FoxxNyara chapter 24 . 1/22
These stories were simply fantastic. I truly enjoyed reading them.
Nohayquellorar chapter 24 . 1/15
It was completely beautiful. Thank you for writing it.
OptimusPrimegirl213 chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
Wow love how you did this keep up the awesomeness work ill be reading more of your work too
patches7 chapter 24 . 9/17/2014
Well done
BlueCaesar chapter 24 . 8/25/2014
YES! Perfect sequel! There's not much more to say but thank you.
Serenity Blossom chapter 24 . 8/24/2014
Brilliant writing. You've got a way with words my dear.
Cysteine Snape chapter 24 . 8/22/2014
Are you doing a sequel with snape?!

PLEASE DO PLEASE DO PLEASE DO!
livingordead chapter 24 . 8/10/2014
This was literally breathtaking as a story and so enchanting. I actually feel sad for Voldemort and his demise because it was anticlimatic given his stature. It was well written but ugh so heartbreaking jesus. I am hoping that Hermione finds some solace with Severus but I don't know about that. Hm.
Dragomir7 chapter 24 . 8/5/2014
I greatly respect your depiction of Hermione, for her strong will and character, to be able to rise from the deepest troughs in life, and not take advantage of her ascent to unleash her retaliation or power, but to gain the wisdom to see life as it is, and continue on with her own. (This reminds me heavily of Buddhist analogies, but I won't go to details.) Sympathy is given to Voldemort, for experiencing such a painful and helpless demise (even willingly so in the end), given his former power, glory and of course, evil and cruelty. It is perhaps really the best ending for him to be able to review his past misdeeds and accept karma, to find love, compassion and support from Hermione and Carmen during his final fall, and to and be able to rest quietly without having his corpse paraded/decimated or his guilt to haunt him anymore. Secondary characters - Harry, Ron, Severus, Dumbledore, Draco, Wormtail and especially, Carmen - are well defined and portrayed, though I wished you had made them a little more prominent. Alas, it's your masterpiece, and I won't critique too much. Asking about Ron and Draco's futures and Ron's possible reconcilation with Hermione sounds rather naive now (while I would have done it with previous stories).

Your stories have left a profound impression on me, and I would certainly blame you for raising my standards of FanFiction from now on, as well as for forcing me to steer away from FanFiction works for a period of time to calm down and think for myself. Still, it's certainly among the most beautifully and intricately crafted literature works I've seen so far, particularly with FanFiction. I would certainly say that I am not at the age and experience to fully comprehend all the twists and character's emotional and mind process/thought changes, let alone the impact of the cruel tortures, or even the experiences and trauma of your own when penning down the last chapters of the stories (really akin to that of Hermione's experiences, isn't it?). But lessons from Hermione's journey will be what I can strive to learn from in my own experiences in the real world, and it would be sure to haunt me for some time.

At long last, thank you for taking your time to finish this long- but truthful- review, and for the completion of your work which I've really enjoyed. May I wish you all the best for your lifelong endeavours.

Dragomir7
Dragomir7 chapter 23 . 8/5/2014
7 years after the publication of the last HP novel, I returned to renew my affinity for the series, this time on FanFiction, perhaps due to a renewal of a childhood fantasy, or a curious teenage desire to read Romance.

I went through the many fiction stories, a lot of them with (bizarre) pairings, for entertainment and probably amusement. Indeed, most of them had really attractive plots and characters, at first sight. Some were more meticulous with their descriptions and characterizations, some used interesting plot twists to color their stories, some were predictably bland. I enjoyed myself reading (most of them) and gave my own naive reader's support for the characters at certain points.

Then came your fiction. Despite being forewarned about how dark it would be, I plunged in, curious as all reckless readers would be. The starting was similar to regular fanfics - a dark plot, and a kidnapping. I was badly startled by the torture chapters (7 to 14), yet continued nonetheless. Voldemort's plan to release his pet surprised me, and the condemnation from the supposed righteous in the wizarding world was sad, but acutely expected. I attempted to follow your trail and anticipate Hermione's hurtful fall, back to him. Oh, how that was so deceptive and underestimating of your marksmanship - the end of the first story certainly snuffed away that possibility, somewhat. Bringing in the idea of the Medicus Order was another brilliance that I would appreciate in due time.

The plot deepens. Now, in the second story, Hermione half-willingly returns to the Dark Lord, as his permanent Caretaker. As befit a studious witch, she does her work well in the diagnosis of Voldemort's ailment. At this point I start to anticipate, again, that she would give in to her (and Voldemort's) emotional wants and take sides, leading to total estrangement between her and all her former friends. Once again I was proven wrong. You certainly took your time in doing so, only when the atmosphere was well mature for them to begin their intimate interaction, and Hermione neither lost her neutrality and ethical ground, nor all her remaining friends from the perception of betrayal (Harry, Remus, Severus), even after the battles.

Indeed Hermione has displayed her dark side, seen by her casual use of dark magic in brewing potions and experimenting on lizards, as well as the manipulation of Wormtail and Voldemort at some point, but she still has a firm control of herself. Perhaps this also explains why she only breaks down and acknowledges Voldemort's love for her after his death. Why she feels torn apart with the shared soul and feelings of Voldemort gone, and guilt for understanding her role in accelerating his death (not due to her failure in saving her client, but due to her emotional attachment to him). She pays no notice to her perception in the eyes of the public anymore (from the cold indifference to the Daily Prophet clearing her name), but stays true to herself and her morals. While disturbed enough to initiate a resignation letter and a cool-off, as all emotional humans would, she still faithfully returns to her job, where she knows she really belongs to, after a while. Life goes on.
Sue Donym chapter 24 . 7/29/2014
Incredible fic. I've read several lovely Tom Riddle fics but this is my first full-on Voldemort one. I imagine it will be hard to find one to equal it. Well done.
Miss Artemis chapter 24 . 6/30/2014
I read Abyss and Ascent a very long time ago and I had accepted that Ascent would not be finished - imagine my complete surprise and joy to see it completed! I didn't re-read Abyss before embarking on Ascent again - while a lot of the details of the first book are hazy, I still remember the gist of what happened.

It was a heartbreaking, yet wonderful story seeing Hermione be brought to her lowest and witness her rising up above it. I'm sad that Voldemort died - it was oddly very fulfilling seeing them together (especially after everything he put her through) near the end. And equally satisfying that even Voldemort acknowledged, very grudgingly, his obsession and want for her despite what she used to represent and even her blood status.

It was a very interesting, emotional read. I enjoyed reading this fic as I had its predecessor all those years ago. Loved the ending - glad that you gave Hermione something to live for rather than wander off into the muggle world to probably live alone as a hermit for the rest of her magical life. Despite the wizarding world being an asshole, I'm glad that she still has Severus to keep her grounded. I love their dynamic friendship.

Glad to see that you're still willing to write some more Hermione/Voldemort!

Keep up the good work,