Reviews for Before Hatred
Angel-o-Darkness chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
boo sirius that jerk D
LadyJessy chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Wow, I'm very impressed with your writing! :) This story is intriguing and very unique for HP fanfiction, i think. I really liked the characterization and character growth you've done here and still kept them in character.

Because you said you wanted constructive critism, here it is: There were a few questionalbe areas that could use a little work, but those areas were minor details, i think. The biggest one being Serveus' lack of a reaction to Sirus punching his brother. You've already made it quite clear that Serveus is abused, and I would think that Serveus should at least have some reation to seeing Sirus hit someone. He might think (unconciously or not) "if he hits someone else, he might hit me" and thus not trust him quite so quickly. Or he might brush this feeling aside in his haste to make a new friend. But I would think that he should at least feel SOMETHING. Know what i mean?

The othere thing i would've liked to know sooner would be how old Serveus is in this story. You do tell us eventually when it is mentioned that they will be starting Hogwarts next year, but i would like to know this information in the very beginning to put things into perspective for me.

I also wondered about James attending the party AFTER the dinner and the introductions. This seems a little strange to me. Why didn't he come at the normal time? Why wasn't the whole family invited? After all, the Potter's are Purebloods too.

The last thing would be i would like to see more of Regelus in this story. Yes, he is a kid and is almost non-existant in the actual books, but it is mentioned he followed the Dark Lord and this story is mostly about the Dark Lord's manipulation of children at an early age. Although the story isn't really about Regalus, so this doesn't HAVE to be added, but it would be an interesting addition to see a little bit more of this forgotten character.

Anyways, as i've said before, this is all just my opinion and you and take it or not. I hope that some of my comments have been helpful though! :)
Catmint chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Oh wow! This is brilliant! It would explain a lot and you've captured little Severus really well. Nice little bit on the end, too.
Love Of Blood chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
I couldn't finish and will not finish the story! This story is like what Harry, Ron and hermione called Maloy a frat of a story! So there!
Acorn chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
THat was ok but kind of gay, it had many of its facts wrong too
fuzzy-grapes chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Wow. That is really good. It sort of explains everything - why Snape is so... antisocial and mean. Why he was a death eater. And why he and Sirius and James hate each other. Totally great!
the-anonymous-c chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
Aw, poor Sev! *sniffle* okay that was really sad for me, but very believably written! Love it!

Mrs. Snape
entlzab chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
It is such a great fic. Congrats. Your Severus is wonderful, the interaction is perfect. What a plot twist. This is quite lovely.
I Write Tragedies chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
I liked it quite a bit. I thought that it was interesting and believable how you had their potential friendship turn to hatred just be Bellatrix's selfishnes and coldness.

Good job.

I'm adding you to my Author Alert.
salzgurke chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
Lucidity recommended this story to be added to the C2 archive for Snape Shortfics and I am very glad she did it. I am delighted by the brilliance of this fic! The ideas and twists in this fic caught me completely off-guard, and your beautiful writing style just added to the pleasure. Little Severus was so wonderfully written, I found my eyes watering at the fatal naiveté of the poor child.

OMG, what a fic - I'm going to recommend it further now. Thanks a lot for sharing this piece! :-)
Oya chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
I must say that this has been quite a pleasant read. If only they had remained as good friends, then perhaps there'll be less trouble in the future.

And darling Sev, you shouldn't be swayed so easily! Sirius was just over his head at that moment. Poor boy. If only.
Tyme chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Very well-written! I enjoyed your portrayals of each character. So sad to see Severus being manipulated in that cruel way by Lucius and being set on a long and difficult road. Great job!
lucidity chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Brilliant fic! It's so good!

Severus is so hesitant and vulnerable. You really feel for him when he is treated so poorly by the girls and then by the boys also.

It's very believable that Lucius, the little devil, would work that way! So scheming and yet so lovely to look upon. More's the pity, I suppose.

I'm adding it to the Snape?Yummy! archive and will add it to the one-shot archive as well, if I can add to more than one. If not, I'll see if someone else can add this to the one-shot archive.

This fic is great and needs to be read by many people!