Reviews for Brink
Ned Pepper chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
wow. this was so deep. it made me cry
Orange Memories chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
I don't understand why you do not have more reviews on this story. Your prose is powerful and moving. In a few words, I saw a variety of emotions expressed. I liked the various alternate pairings you used, though I admit to being a bit confused among all of them.

But overall, and excellent story. You go on my faves list!
paxbanana chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Eek! Well done, and horribly bitter-sweet. The alternative pairings were done well, and I love the character interactions!

-paxbanana
Nghi chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
...

Can I say that this was such a heartbreaking story? I want to write like this... except with a bit of my own flair to it. But I can't, because my angst suck.

I love how the characters are so three-dimensional, almost like you could feel them. I want my characters to be three-dimensional, too. But they are not. ASL;DKFJ;ASDLF. There is no way I can ever compare my writing to yours. You are truly the queen of angst. (And Rozefire is the Queen of Contemporary Romance! God, that sounded like a music genre...)

What I didn't like were all those implications of those alternate pairings. Jeezus Christ, if you're gonna do alternative pairings, stick to one and keep with it. LOL. At first I thought it was Sango/Inuyasha and Miroku/Kagome. Then I thought it was Kohaku/Sango. Then I thought it was Kagome/Kohaku. Then I thought it was Sango/Miroku and Kagome/Inuyasha. And then I thought it was Sango/Kohaku in the end. And Kagome just totters off into the well. ALSKJFSLD;KFJD. I need to draw a web diagram, man.

I love the lines. Sometimes it's a bit vague, and it's probably me because all of your readers are getting everything, but all your works have double meanings, and sometimes it's so vague to the point where I'm just struggling to figure out what the double meaning is. Oi. Am I retarded or what?

I love how you show her grief and how it's downplayed here. I just WISHED I KNEW WHO WAS WITH WHOM. Hahahah. I kid, I kid. Romance is not everything.

This is really good, overall. No, seriously! My only worry is that when you reach Inuyasha/Kagome, you're going to somehow weasel alternative pairing in. I just FEEL it. LOL.

Nghi
Crimsondemon chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Holy shit, woman. I- wow. Just, wow. Have I told you that I love you muchly? 'Cause, I so totally do. Great great great job on the story, it's so much better than I expected it would be.
Numisma chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
I cannot love this oneshot enough for not only the Sango/Kohaku portrayal of a lifetime, but also for the heartbreaking and believable Kagome/Kohaku implications. These are probably my two favorite pairings, but they're so difficult to find and actually be well written, and to also be more than just pairings, but an integral part of the story. I felt for Kohaku, and I feel you gave him just the proper balance of the darker emotions without turning him into a psycho or an angstcookie.

The Inuyasha/Sango angle was a little bit under-explained, though the light Mir/Kagome implications were very much understandable and believable.

Overall, This was a wonderful, beautiful piece, and this is SO going on my faves list :nods:
The Procrastinator chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Wow. This is quite possibly your best San/Kohaku story to date. It's also the first angst story I read with a 'happy' ending. Oh and this line:

"But he'll never be mine, Kagome-chan."

KILLED me. Talk about great one-liners.
Ayrith chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
I love you. Not only did you pull off the infamous Inu-tachi foursome, but you also made Kagome/Kohaku/Sango so fricken plausible. And I totally love you for it. You boosted my love for Inuyasha and Kagome, you have such a way with Sango's voice, Kohaku is so taintedly beautiful, Miroku is so tragic. Inuyasha was so impossibly high, such a distant, tragic, loving protecting figure, Kagome was so utterly abandoned and unloved and so giving.

And then their is the Inu/San. Which I am very much a fan of.

This line made me grin, despite it's darkness, and everytime I read it I get more and more giddy:

She could feel his claws, raking heatedly across her bare skin, and the wood cut through her fingers, reminding her that she was still alive.

This fic was so unbearably sad and is is so on my favs. Thankyou for writing it.