Reviews for The Pearl
kori kaoru himura chapter 11 . 11/8/2014
Hello!
I don't know where to start... I absolutely loved this story and is definitely going to my favorites! I got to admit that the first chapter was kind of slow and did not get my attention much, but I decided to continue reading and I am so glad I did because I could not stop reading after that! The concept of the pearl was very neat. I loved how the relationship between Sesshoumaru and Rin progressed throughout the story as the characters grew. I loved the inclusion of Kouga and Ayama, very sweet! Even the Jaken you described was super cute with Rin when she became an adult.

The saddest moment for me as when you let Rin be captured and go through all that pain. Dying so many times was heart breaking. The idea of a hell where there were three Rins per say was very original and insightful in my opinion.

This story was not too dramatic, and I loved the fact that you included a lot of humorous scenes such as the demon tree and the dinner scene where Sesshoumaru gets overly protective/worried over Rin lol Many moments had me giggle while others were very much heartbreaking (mostly related to Rin's suffering).

All in all, I think this is a master piece and I would like to sincerely thank you not only for sharing such an amazing story, but also for your commitment to complete it and revise is as needed (it showed!)

I also think you did an amazing job at keeping Sesshoumaru on character because I understand this can be very difficult. I was a bit confused at some facts of the story that were not consistent with the anime, but I figured you were being true to the manga (which I haven't read, shame on me!) as you should.

Anyway, thank you for sharing this amazing story and for giving us an end that was full of love and hope. I will be looking forward to reading more of your stories )
Jenmoon1 chapter 11 . 8/17/2014
I liked it
Temkin Beck chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Oh shit. Forgive my eloquent vocabulary but words fail me at the moment. I am THAT pleased. This. This is just. Aaargggghhhh! You had me hook, ljne, and sinker!
Veda Leonhart chapter 13 . 1/17/2014
This was one of the greatest fanfictions I ever read so far! I mean you are a real artist without a doubt. It was a wonderful piece, I enjoyed reading it very much. I love the fact that it was long but not boring. I often find myself scrolling faster then I read when reading other stories, but in this I was hanging on every word you wrote. I just realy loved this story. Great plot, characters are portrayed perfectly and the epiogue was just fantastic. I like it took place in the present so we know they did not die in the 2 world war or something. LOVED IT! You are very talented, and I would love to read another chapter story from you. About Sess/Rin of course. Maybe a continuation of this? Taking place in the future.. or more like present?

This story needs more reviews and faves!
overninethousand chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
here: sesshomaruandrinfaq . blogspot . com
sesshomaruandkagurafaq . blogspot . com
Shiny Bachuru chapter 11 . 6/7/2013
Oh my...that was one hell of a ride. With the quality of writing having taken a nosedive on this site, it was certainly delightful to find a jewel hidden among the piles and piles of utter crap. There's just so much right with the story that I can't find words good enough to do this story justice! Seriously, the overworld, the plot, the characters were all so three dimensional that it was completely mind-boggling. I can't believe it took me so long for me to find this. For truly, you are an artist!

Thanks for sharing this with us!
ai-08 chapter 13 . 2/8/2013
This was an amazon read; beyond original. thank you so much for sharing it with us; I will be checking out your other works.
RubyJune chapter 13 . 1/26/2013
I'm very happy to see this story. It's awesome and unique in a sense. I saw many Sess/Rin stories before but yours is unique because it gets under my skin and put my emotion in a roller coaster. One thing I see from this story is that everything doesn't appear as we think it is and a BLESSING can be come MISFORTUNE and a MISFORTUNE can become BLESSING in an instance. When Rin was revived by Sess, we thought that she was blessed to live again and to have such powerful, wealthy, and handsome guardian. Who know, he made her into an assassin to fulfill his ambitious plan. And again, when she thought she lost everything and end up in hell, miracle happened. He came, begged for her forgiveness and finally they end up together. Life is unpredictable, isn't it? This is not fanfic. It's like a beautiful tale portraying a picture of warring state where violence and strategy dominate but love still blossom.
an old fashioned girl chapter 11 . 2/7/2012
I spent my entire afternoon reading this wonderful story. It sure was a pleasure, thanks for writing it!
thetamedrose chapter 13 . 12/21/2011
I dont believe that I've cried, laughed, banged my fists, giggled and had my heart broken and fixed over one fanfiction in my life. It's just... Wow. I cannot comprehend how utterly... Amazing? Intriguing? Fascinating? Impressive? (I just can't seem to ge the right word to describe) your story is.

I hadn't expected to read a kick of a story the other night. I love your writing syle and ability to put slang into formal writing without it being awkward. Some authors have no knowledge of using proper English language, but I felt like I was reading a novel instead of a fanfiction throughout your whole story. Kudos to Botan for beta-ing.

What I thought you did best in was Sesshomaru's feelings. While quite angsty and many times annoying, you kept him very in character and believeable. His transformation into his humbled and loveable self in the epilogue was fluid. I also loved Jaken and Rin's relationship. It was adorable.

My favortie scene has got to be when Sesshormaru was in Hell, persuading Rin to come back. Although I love the tree! That brought uncontrollable giggles.

Your story and writing has encouraged me to continue my fanfiction writing. I've been neglecting a story of mine, but after seeing yours, I feel as though I need to put more love into mine.

That you for such a perfect read.

~Katy

-I wonder if you still check your reviews? It's been 5 years since you updated -
icecreamapparition chapter 13 . 11/25/2011
This fic is exceptional, it's excruciating. It's a hidden treasure buried in this treasure chest also known as archive. I love every single chapter, every idea, your writing style... I could go on and on! So I thought, I should write something other than "it's impressive" because honestly, if you've read this in 2011 and read it every night until it's almost dawn, not to mention you were always shedding silent tears every now and then, then it's really, really HARD to still take note of your comments and do the effort of typing a review. But near the end of it all, I knew the fic deserved a heartfelt review, so if you're still reading your review alerts, please bear with my tendency to comment on everything in one long post.

Being a person who is more inclined in pictures rather than words, I'm not really the best person to comment about a person's writing, but I can say for sure that this fic of yours satisfies both my craving for a good, well thought of story and my craving for creativity that introduces interesting visuals inside my head. It might sound funny, but at some point, your fic was almost educational because it was providing some worthwhile reading while I was only looking for SessRin material to occupy my time and my love for the pairing. Not all fics are written with effort and so it feels refreshing to find something so good such as this one. As a beginner in fanfiction, I feel like I could improve my writing style and learn a lot by simply reading your story.

Every Inuyasha cast was in character. Rin's growing up progress was particularly impressive, it was like her whole life was carefully planned out for the reader to read! At first, I was wondering if Rin's battles were only written for the sake of action, but you proved me wrong by giving justice to the warrior Rin and showing the reader step by step how everything is connected and necessary to the story. What's even more frightening to me is that despite the obvious fact that you wrote this before The Final Act, some parts were still in character and 'believable' when it comes to giving us a glimpse of Takahashi's Feudal Fairytale. I'm actually wishing that this could turn into an illustrative book of some sorts and be published as an alternative ending! :D

Chapter 9 is my favorite, I think, because of Sesshoumaru's quest to persuade the three Rins to come back with him. Chapter 10 was very fluffy and it gave way to the lighter side of the fic. I kept thinking why nobody would give Sesshoumaru a hug (he just needs one!), surely it isn't hard to figure that out.

And the tree. Oh, Sesshoumaru. The tree. I don't even... XD

As my closing comment, I guess my only regret was that you didn't mention Jaken and Takako again after Rin and Sesshoumaru got together. You've written that Rin belongs to Jaken, as well, so I got sad that he and the rest of the characters weren't given another spotlight to show how happy they were for the new couple. That aside, I'm amazed that the whole story was only focused on Sess Rin and no one else (like an Inuyasha x Kagome substory). Your writing was reading bliss, from start to finish! (Sorry for being repetitive, but honestly, I really love it!) :) :)
Blitz Girl chapter 2 . 10/28/2011
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this story so far. You are a very good writer and you portray Sesshomaru's character very well. :)
nano chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I just wanted to add another review to this ridiculously wonderful story. I am an old reviewer. All I want to say is, this story deserves way more reviews than it has. I would say the first 7 chapters should have gotten at least a 1000, but that is just me. Reading this story was like watching an Oscar winning movie. I laughed, I cried, I wanted to hate and love. So yea, I suppose that is all I wanted to relay, but truthfully words can not really express how much I love this story. I just wish Takahashi would turn this into a movie
Hoshino Hikari chapter 13 . 6/24/2011
this is quite honestly the best fanfic I have ever read - and most likely ever will. I constantly had to remind myself that this was fanfiction and not just the manga without pictures, although in the end I gave up that thought and now think of it as an extention of the manga its self. This is truly a fantastic job.
Jalfredrock chapter 11 . 4/28/2011
I read this story in one sitting and it was brilliant. You have a wonderful way to elicit all sorts of emotions! I can't tell you how many times I felt like crying and laughing in the span of a few moments. What a wonderful fanfic. I wish you would write more! I feel like all the good authors have moved on from writing fanfiction. Please, write another story, I'll be a faithful attendant. :D