Reviews for Mirror
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
A great poem fic. Very well written.
Mizamour chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Oh, this is awesome! I love the comparison, and the three-line shadow parallel is wonderful... I love this! Wow! And brilliant title. I definitely want to read more of your fanfics! :D And thanks so much for the welcome on Parma-Eruseen and your review of my story! :D *waves back*
demeter d chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
chilling. I read it out loud, just to feel the flow of your words. it's great!
Faerlas chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Creepy! How could he live with himself! Discusting creature that he is! Good job! You made me dislike him even more!
Wayfarer chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Very clean-cut little poesie, I like the economy used here-and the title itself sets the stage - nice!

I can see how you're experimenting with physical form here, but somehow shadows x3 seems a bit excessive. I'd rather thought something like

"walking in shadow,

casting none -

hunting hers"

might make it all the more haunting because it makes the brain THINK and envision what 'none' and 'hers' alludes to... and there's no doubt what that could be, so the brain would be screaming "SHADOWS!" and that of course, could make the message more vivid and sticky.

But then, it would really spoil the form you're aiming for... so nevermind me ramble. )

W
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
I love where you get your ideas; it shows a mind at work. Not to say that I didn't think your mind was at work before... eh, I am suffering from what the doctor says is only a cold, but I think is really The Plague, so ignore me. Or at least parts of this review.

The thing that came to my mind was 'Mirror' by Sylvia Plath. Though this is completely different, there's still that same other-worldliness wafting through it. And I like the form of this- the one sentence aspect; the round continuing on, just where you think it would/should stop.

And Look! You've written on She-Who-You-Have-Ignored-Until-Now. Oh, my! ...Are you contemplating a bit of fluff on our-favourite couple as well? (!)
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
Heh. I finally got the 'mirror' part.

A nicely structured, taut little poem; I like that the 'shadow' passage is separate and umirrored, and the lines "walking in shadow; casting no shadow".
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
You know I'm fascinated by bad guys, don't you?

Wow. This is creepy. Somehow you can give it a very tight structure without rhyme. Impressive. *claps*
auri mynonys chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
I like it, even though it's super short. Grima's stalkerishness is so creepy-cool. Very well written!
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Creepy! Wormtongue creeps the heck out of me, and this was really well written. I loved the lines about shadows. Wonderful poem!

Avie