Reviews for Twice as Bright
thedarkwhiteangel chapter 1 . 6/23
Woah. I always thought that. But everyone always thinks Petunia is bitter and overreacting, but when you think about it... Petunia had a reason. And she was just outshone... This is great, no one ever writes how Petunia feels. Two thumbs up.
TigerCub98 chapter 1 . 6/23
This was so beautiful and lovely and wonderful and I can't tell you how amazing it was,I loved just resonated with me(if that majes sense) and it was so amazing!
fishertowers chapter 1 . 6/10
Love this! It's brilliant!
Dusty Miller chapter 1 . 1/29
I'm stunned. This is so incredibly well-written. So many refuse to look past the cold exterior and see why Petunia made the decisions she did. I'm delighted to have come across this. Thank you.
P.Mellark chapter 1 . 1/26
This. was. amazing.
So short, but still so sad, sweet and sentimental all at the same time! I feel for Petunia, but at the same time, I can't hate Lily and James. This just goes to show how little Petunia actually knew of what was happening in Lily's life.
I especially love the last two sentences.
(And woah, I just noticed this was written 10 years ago :O I wonder why I've never read this before)
Panicker chapter 1 . 1/23
I forgot to mention.
THE GRAMMAR WAS PERFECT!
Perfect punctuation; NOT A COMMA OUT OF PLACE.
Perfect spelling (THANK YOU! YOU HAVE PRESERVED MY SANITY!)
Perfect emphasis
All in all, you can write.
Panicker chapter 1 . 1/23
Wow.
I just wish, sometimes, I could write a little better.
Like you.
This...one-shot contained more poignancy than most 41-chapter fictions I have read.
And believe me when I say I read fanfiction.
I am stunned at the different facets of Petunia Dursley you have thrown light on. As you mentioned, I am tired of the insipid-cross-between-a-horse-and-harpy depicted in most fanfictions.
I have nothing against teenagers (I AM one), but this portrayal was mature and illuminating. And I commend you for it.
Another compliment to your style: I rarely write reviews. You are the second. Thank you
Reply sometime. I'd like to talk to a PERSON.
DarthGranola chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
Loved the ending!
attheturnofthetide chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
Oh Petunia... great, now I don't hate her anymore...
MPPMaraudergirl chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Beautiful! I've never read a Petunia perspective piece but the 2nd person KILLED it. Kudos to you. And I like to believe that this is actually how they felt.
horsegirl275 chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
I love this take on Pertunia, wonderful job!
StrawberryofLife chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
This gives me mixed emotions. It's really sad - from Petunia's perspective - and it really makes sense why Lily and Petunia don't have a great relationship from that point of view. And although I totally agree with Petunia, I also totally agree with Lily. I've never been the younger child, so I understand Petunia's view as a fellow older sister - but I love Lily and James so much it is hard to decide which I like better.

And if I had read that before I read the entire Harry Potter series I'm quite sure, frankly, my view on the Dursleys would have changed a lot more. Although I always thought that although they aren't treating Harry right, Harry has no right to treat THEM like that...
...THEY took him in when he had no place to go. THEY still fed him and give him a bed and give him clothes. THE DURSLEYS still let him live in THEIR house while they pay for him to live. Frankly I don't like Harry that much. Although...

...I think I've made my point clear. If I haven't: Your story is amazing. Keep up the great work!

StrawberryofLife
danimaltauro chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
You made me feel sorry for Petunia
Leaving and Left chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
Aw... Poor Petunia...
jaisydaisy chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
you made me cry. i hope you're happy.