Reviews for The Black Wizard
gummybearsforever chapter 5 . 5/16/2005
wonderful story,

the length of your chapters could be slightly shorter, but they are fine as they are ive read much longer ones!
kuraishi blackblade chapter 5 . 5/15/2005
Out of curiosity I was browsing the Book Crossovers section, not expecting to find one of the best HPLOTR crossovers I've ever read. In response to your question at the end of chapter 5, I appreciate the longer chapters. Please keep on with this story and update soon, for I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Night-Owl123 chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
NO! I love long chapters! The longer the better! _ it's a great story... What group are u planning on harry traveling with? prob. with aragon, legolas, and gimli right? update soon!
Locathah chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
I think your chapters are a very good size :) I've never heard of someone who won't take the time to read a long chapter if its a good story (I can't even understand the concept... ) and I feel I should point out that most of the best fanfic authors DO write long chapters.

Personally, short chapters annoy me, mostly because they're more like paragraphs than real chapters.
Bluesnowman chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
love it
Sparkling Whimsies chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
I love this fic! Everyone's in character, something rather rare in HP/LotR crossovers I've read.

As for the length of the chapters, I think that they're perfect the way they are. Patience is a virtue.
SalanTrong chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
i like this length, and since it takes you a while to update, it can last till the next one.

frying is good.
No.names.availible chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
The chapter length doesn't bother me much. People respect fast updating authors with long chapters, I have noticed. Yet fast updates with shorter chapters is always good too. I suppose I can wait. Long chapters always have a certain appeal to them, but don't feel pressured to keep them that way.

Great story, this really has to be the best Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter crossover I have come across yet. I find it amusing that Harry is so badly misunderstood. It is very in character of Harry as well. I haven't read all of the lotr books, in fact all I have read/seen were the Hobbit and a quarter of the Fellowship of the the ring, and the first movie, so this is all rather new to me.

I am glad you are actually taking the time to write it, instead of automatically assuming everybody knows everything about the particular crossover as most do, and ignoring details.

A very well written story and I really can't wait for more, but as it is 3:40 am and I have to get up in two hours...ah well its not the best predicament. So this'll be rather short (even if it is long!)

I can see Harry feeling some guilt for Gandalf, but then again, I can see why he shouldn't. He tried, i suppose that should give him some solace.

I love the story! *glares at cat for chewing on foot* but my personal alarm clock is telling me that I should be waking up in 2 hours. Sorry for the rambles!

Continue soon,

-Exile
Night-Owl123 chapter 4 . 5/11/2005
update soon! _
Tmctflyboy chapter 4 . 5/2/2005
i have to say awesome story i love it. you have done a great job at adding the two stories together. cant wait for the next update. update soon
Orient Fox chapter 4 . 4/30/2005
Wow, I love this! Hm, well, I think that you're story is really good! Seriously, you have mad skills, and this story rocks.

Leastways, that's just my opinion and if you want some criticism, well, I just think that you might have to be more true to the Lord of the Rings characters. And make Harry more like himself from Harry Potter. Some of the things he's thinking are definitely out of character. And, do not make this story take a turn where they do something that is so completely different than what they would have ever done in the books. (ie. harry going gay, not that I'm against gays, but I just can never ever picture him as one, lol!)

Anyways, now on to the good things I have to say about your story. Well, it's interesting, and it's definitely more well-written than the other hp/lotr crossovers that I've seen, so I like this story for that. You've also got a pretty damned humorous way of telling things. I found myself kind of cracking up at some of the parts, kudos to you!

You've obviously got talent, mad skills, and are a proficient raconteur. Continue writing the way you are and you'll do fine!

Cheers and good luck!

*Orient Fox, aka Grace*

p.s. Happy updating! Hurry up and update, I love this story!
Brass Tacked chapter 4 . 4/30/2005
I loke your story a lot, your writing even has hints of Tolkien and Rowling. You've got a distinct voice or flavor to your work too. Keep up the good job.
Crydwyn chapter 4 . 4/27/2005
Oh, after reading your authors note I'm dying to know what's going to happen next!

~*~Cry~*~
ElvenQueenWren chapter 4 . 4/25/2005
Most excellent chapter. I had only gotten as far as "Legless. He was dead" before I cracked up.

You really have a way with words, and the changes between movie-canon and book canon (of course, it could all be EE Movie canon, and I could have just forgotten it's in the EE) make me happy. There's emough movie in it to keep it from being too alien to the non-book readers, but little lines out of the book (again, see comment on the EE) make me a very happy little girl.

I wish that I could be more construtive, but I'm not really up to scanning such a good manuscript for errors, so I hope that you'll except straight flattery.

On the lethifold- did you create that? If so, good job. It's believable. If not, still good job. In that case you've got a great knowledge of mythology and legend. Either way shows a good, creative knowledge base, and that's important.

I really hope that you decide to continue this story. And the long wait, personally, is okay with me. So long as you don't give up this fic, I've got no reason to complain. :-)

Ever,

Erin (Sangfroid, on her cousin's login)
Suuki-Aldrea chapter 4 . 4/25/2005
Wow! You've got stuff from the movie and the book! Oh, and by the way, in the book Gandalf realizes that he missinterpreted the writing on the wall. Anyway, update soon please! Ja ne!
1,556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 93 100 101 102 103 104 Next »