Reviews for The Black Wizard
werd me chapter 24 . 5/17/2011
im sad i hope for more soon its great
Robin Grimm-Goodfellow chapter 20 . 5/16/2011
...*quietly* oh...she's alive, then?
Robin Grimm-Goodfellow chapter 19 . 5/16/2011
*eyes widen* You...you killed her! You killed Hedwig!
Anon chapter 5 . 5/12/2011
Actually, IIRC Food can not be conjured in HP world. I think it's one of the Exceptions of Transfiguration or something?
Shalarean chapter 24 . 5/6/2011
This is the first HP/LotR crossover I've ever read, and I've quite enjoyed it. I want to know what happens next. I do hope you choose to continue this story!
CatWriter chapter 24 . 4/23/2011
I just want to say and let me this perfectly clear. COME BACK! Seriously update this story it's so good, I've been waiting and waiting and waiting...Update please. You know as I write this Lord of the Rings is playing on Encore, it is easy to envision your characters now. I do wish you would up date, please for me, with vanilla, chocolate and walnut ice cream on top.

Catwriter
Dragonanzar chapter 24 . 4/21/2011
I hope you haven't given up this fic; it seems really good! I like the way you have actually given Harry a purpose in Middle Earth instead of just fitting him into the story without changing much except for the dialogue.

Please update soon!
Dragonanzar chapter 20 . 4/20/2011
I, too, apologise for my hasty threats. Still, remember this if you ever decide to kill off Hedwig with any other method than old age! Remember the pitchforks and burning brands!
Dragonanzar chapter 19 . 4/20/2011
Noooooo! Please tell me you didn't just kill Hedwig! If you did, I will come after you with pitchforks and burning brands! And if Gollum gets in my way, I will...I will...Do something really horrible!
RenegadeThaumaturgist chapter 2 . 4/9/2011
One of my favorite HP/LOTR crossover.
StarDotStar chapter 24 . 3/25/2011
I'm not trying to press. I understand that you may have many other things in your life right now - as mentioned in your last update. That, indeed, you may have moved on from fanfiction altogether - especially as your last update, at all, on this site was made in September '09. Hell, for all I know you could have been hit by a careless motorist, and either be in a coma or have shuffled off this mortal coil.

All that said, I found this story two days ago, through a Google search for something else entirely, and have ravenously devoured it. Please, please, PLEASE; if you can't/won't update, either now or forever - if you've lost the inspiration for this story, and the thought of attempting to write it fills you with dread - at least post something on your currently completely bare profile page saying so.

That said, this is going both on my Favourites and my Story Alerts, and if I get an email sometime in the future about an update, I only hope that I remember what a sublime experience I had reading this, and read the update - even if that means I have to read the entire story once again to refresh my memory. I've done it before, and I'll do it again!

Now that the pathetic pleading is past, I think I'll share the thing I most like about this story.

Too many stories - not only fanfiction - that have a great and momentous event happen, whether that be (assuming we're only talking about the Harry Potter fandom) Harry being transported to an alternate dimension, or whatever, have the character coming out the other side all but unchanged. Not only don't they learn anything, they don't even seem to have had their feathers ruffled by friends and allies dying/being tortured/etc. At the same time, many of the stories that remain have _everything_ different, so much so that you can barely recognise anyone, with no transition period. You have struck a wonderful balance, with change happening, characters learning and growing, but not as an on/off event, _showing_ the growth - an act I can only imagine being incredibly difficult with something like Tolkein's work, as well known - and indeed, revered - as it is.

And in a more specific point, too many stories that mix two works, whether that be through dimension-travelling, going into a work of fiction, or simply them both existing in the same world unawares; feel the need to have one work's characters being the perfect, all-knowing, always right _paragons_, and the vast majority of the poor unlucky sods who hail from the other work being at best chronically misguided, with the spectrum running the gamut to puppy-strangling evil. You have masterfully avoided that particular trap, and I credit you for it.

Now, it's after midnight here, I have a mini-tournament tomorrow, and I distinctly feel that tiredness and reading twenty-four chapters of prose somewhere in style between that of Rowling and that of Tolkein has affected my thought processes to the point that I am thinking in more... I suppose 'flowery' would be one way of describing it, although not entirely accurate...

Bah, it is late and I am tired. Hoping to see more of this in the future, as long as it still feels right to write it.

Geez, really tired - did I really just type that?
fan-freak121 chapter 24 . 3/22/2011
I hope everything is ok with life now. I hope you update this and your other fics. I really love this fic and I would be thrilled to read a new chapter.
Themanwithnonameandasmokinggun chapter 5 . 3/16/2011
no no gandalf is right one of the laws of magic in the canon world of HP is that food cannot be conjured... it can be made better in some ways but otherwise no, you must have eggs to make an omelet, lemons to make lemonade etc, etc... however this story is fiction of a fictional story... so really you can make it conjurable if you want lol :) like you could say that there is a massive barrier put up by the governments of each country that stops the conjuration of food and that here in middle earth there is nothing stopping harry from doing so if he gets the mind to do so not knowing about this law like Hermione the love-able know it all bookworm that she is :)
Selena Skyheart chapter 24 . 2/23/2011
Hi! I really like this story, it's a pity you haven’t gotten around to update for a while and I hope Reality isn't giving you too hard a time.

I'm curious as of what Harry form is going to be, when you first wrote about a flying predator capable of catching big prey my first guess went along the lines of a Haast Eagle, but then you started talking about dinosaurs..

Anyway, Love the story, the best HPxLotR crossover I've ever read, thank you for sharing:)

*Add to favorites*