Reviews for Cruel Time
A Lucky Stone chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Oh, that's lovely! It fits the style of the book very well, and your Dorian is very well written. Your Lord Henry is good, too, even if it is a different side of him to the one we usually see. It's short, simple, but I like it a lot.
Stained Glass Rose chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Fiction for 'A Picture of Dorian Gray' is unfortunately sparse and few people can capture the characters as effectively as you have here. I think even fewer people evoke the decadence and frivolity of the period, but the devil is in the details and those are well-placed. I especially liked the brief, careless mention Dorian made of his most recent conquest and the smug arrogance that accompanied it. The dialogue is lovely - Dorian's panic is lovely and his lines are absolutely him, exactly the poetic, selfish, careless things I'd expect him to say. Lord Henry's vanity and wistfulness are beautifully evoked and I think, given his attitude towards society in general, it's hard to make him earnest, but I really believed it. I loved this.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
"But I'm not young."

That seriously touched me. Dorian wishes he could age, while Harry hates the thought . . .
Morrwen chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
LOVING IT! You wrote the characters PERFECTLY!
Dostoevsky's Mouse chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Ooh. Very nice - especially the last few lines. After all, Henry is no less vain than Dorian; he simply hasn't quite as much to be vain about. On the one hand, he loves having beautiful young people around him... but on the other hand, they also serve as a constant reminder to him that he isn't really one of them anymore. Especially Dorian, that perpetual Adonis.

This was a very nice look at Lord Henry's viewpoint. I could only wish it were a little longer, a little more developed... but the idea comes through, all the same. Well done.
amalcolm1 chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Good to see someone taking a stab at Oscar. There's just not enough out there devoted to him. And "The Picture of Dorian Grey" is the most masterly book of genius ever created. At least in my opinion.

-Andrea
Mizamour chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
Oh I love it love it love it! You write very well in the author's style.