Reviews for To Hold Freedom
Tsuki Fox chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
That was really sweet. I think the characters were well done and you had their perspectives dead on. The thoughts from both ends helps. I like the balance of Willie speaking but Danny being silent.

And of course the ending.

Great job.
SeekJustice chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Yes! A Great Escape fic! I loved this movie and that was such a cute fic!

Two-Bit
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
I, too, saw the Danny/Willie slash undertones in the Great Escape (which I am promptly going to hell for :) ). I think in the book account of the escape the ship they're on is going to Sweden, though. Minor nitpick, is all. :)
Val Mora again chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
I don't think I properly expressed how much I adore this fic in my last review, so here I am again -

"See Danny? We’ve gotten away. We’re getting away!"

I love this line so much. It's so like in the movie and so lovely, in a sad sort of way, that even when he is free Danny is trapped in his own mind. And - I could hear it. I could hear movie-Willie saying this.

"...awkwardly pressed up to Danny’s knees. And this close, Willie can feel the tiny shakes that are running though the larger man’s body, and he reaches out and wrapped his arms around Danny, and Danny has his nose pressed into Willie’s neck, so Willie hesitantly cradles his head, pets his dark hair."

This image is so beautiful and so vivid that it makes me ache, deep in my chest. Just - the way I see them fitting together, the way Danny is holding him and he is holding Danny - is so heartbreakingly gorgeous.

"So Danny tries, lies back and pulls the smaller man down with him, chest to back lying flat on the dirty floor..."

I didn't quote the entire paragraph, but I wanted to. This is a lovely image, even if it's not quite clear (are they on their sides, spooned together, or is Willie lying on top of Danny, or what?) what they're doing, but the way you describe it is wonderful.

You do have some minor errors (you write in present tense, but there're a couple of places where you want to switch to past), but they're ignorable in this case.

And -

"Danny brushes a kiss against Willie’s cheek and finally he can see."

I *died*. I fell in love with this fic all over again and I died. No other way to say it.
Val Mora chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
I saw this movie and was immediately struck by the potential Danny and Willie had - and you've carried it off beautifully. Lovely, lovely fic, with a great view into how Danny copes with his fear.

::favorites you::
Sinhe chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Holy shit on a stick. You fucking finished it! Yay!

It's cute! Even with the shortness and the argh. I loves. ::spasms::

One question: What is Willie's take? His thoughts? His point of view, maybe? ::hints very-blatantly for another one AHEM::

Still, LOVE and LOVELY. And I LOVE you.