Reviews for Working Life
xXMizz Alec VolturiXx chapter 14 . 1/3/2013
very sweet
SlytherinLion chapter 14 . 11/21/2012
Ermergerd! This was, is, an amazing fanfiction! I absolutely love it! Keep doing what you're doing dear, and you'll go far :)
lithium17 chapter 14 . 4/10/2008
this was great! i loved this
Jenny-Beth chapter 14 . 9/11/2007
Sleep deprivation makes for wonderful stories, doesn't it? My last one was also written in the throes of sleep deprivation.

Moving on to the actual content. I love it. I truly do. My only question is: why is Hermione so afraid to love? There is a huge difference, as I am sure you know, between dealing with obsessed fans and love. That's a no-brainer.

Anyways, I hope the trip to Germany is/was (unsure of how old this story is) everything you had hoped for and more. I also hope I have the good fortune to read more of your work in the future!

-Jenn
katiekd321 chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
heyy, pretty good story, but why would they be putting on fake british accents? i know that wood is scottish so i get that. But Hogwarts is in england and wouldnt hermione have a natural accent?
AussieGleekFreak91 chapter 3 . 5/1/2007
i love it...10/10

vyncie
firefawn chapter 14 . 12/7/2006
Terrific epilogue. This entire fanfiction gets a 10/10. I enjoyed Oliver's escatic reaction to his son getting on the Quidditch team so early on, so I guess that Harry is not the only kid that century to make it onto a House team in his first year. As for Oliver's previous prediction about only being able to play professional Quidditch until he was about 30 years of age, well...that turned out to be a rather prophetic statement. Great work on rapping up all of the loose ends.
firefawn chapter 13 . 12/7/2006
Wow...this has been a fabulous story. I laughed very hard at Seamus' guilty confession, even though it was not that surprising. One would have expected to hear about various howlers from Hogwarts' teachers had Seamus actually been sending a real nephew devices of mayhem with such frequency. And I liked Mrs. Weasly's reaction. This story was great, and had closure, which many writers seem to forget about. Great work.
firefawn chapter 12 . 12/7/2006
*convulses into fits of laughter* Oh goodness! Your previous line of Hermione calling Witch Weekly the bane of her existence has been surpassed! My new favorite line is this: "She seems unstable, mate, I’d get out while you’re not being stalked." Great work on that, I had to stop reading completely while I laughed. I think the reactions that the public had to the interview are also very sweet, and spot on. The witch giving Hermione comforting words was wonderful, and I loved the "Life's short, play Quidditch while you still can. She’ll still be waiting for you in a few years when you get bored of it." line. That made Hermione sound like a slowly expiring can on a grocery store shelf. lol
firefawn chapter 11 . 12/7/2006
Oh dear goodness...you are going to do something terribly evil in the upcoming interview? Great work on Hermione and Ginny's scene too. I can't vouch for its realism since whenever I was upset about a guy my guy friends took me rock climbing for the weekend, plus I was allergic to chocolate until I was 18 so I never really crave it, but I can imagine that chocolate could solve everything if it was one's favorite goody. After all, there are chemicals in that closely mimic the neurotransmitters that are naturally released within our brain, and the ones that the chemical in chocolate mimics are the ones that stimulate happiness. That's the biological basis for why people 'crave' chocolate when upset. Great work once again, though Oliver is a bit of an idiot I think at this point. It is like a game of chess, and he simply is missing that point. One player moves, then the next, and then the first player again. It's Oliver's move, so I am imagining that Hermione may say something during the interview which prompts him to make a move. Great work.
firefawn chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Oh this is completely fabulous! I love Seamus in this story! I still want to see some retribution against Harry though for being so blind! HaHa! Now wouldn't that be something? Ginny's entire scene was masterfully done, and I love how you have Oliver fighting conflicted emotions. Fabulous work!
firefawn chapter 9 . 12/7/2006
lol Wow...are you sure that you are 15? You write about the complexities of romance with much more maturity than most 25 year olds that I know. Great work on this chapter once again, and great work on Ginny's scene once again. Her being so blunt is definitely in character for her, so good work.
firefawn chapter 8 . 12/6/2006
I laughed SO hard at Oliver's description of his day, particularly the bit about him finally collapsing in a pathetic bit 'in here.' I also chuckled at the agreement they had, the one where they always watch a comedy last. My husband and I have that same agreement. I exposed the poor guy to one too many of my horror movies (I got rather neutralized to those at the tender age of 5. Ah...the joys of having parents who own a video store, who just sit you on the counter and say pick a movie to watch, any movie.) and one too many of my martial arts films. I think he was having dreams in Korean at one point. lol Seriously though, you are showing how the two are lapsing into an almost domesticated life style together, and it seems that Oliver is getting rather reliant upon her, something that you wouldn't expect from the least codependent person in the world. As for Ginny, that entire scene was heart wrenching. Mainly due to Harry's utter lack of emotion. Seriously, that guy is like an empty shell at times, but his reaction was spot on for a friend who has just been thrown into shock. You could go three ways with this. 1) He could think about it, and come running back to Ginny, only for Ginny to not make it easy for him anymore. 2) Ginny could move on, while Harry and Ginny come to a silent agreement to resume a normal friendship again. 3) You could be very evil and have Melissa turn into a nasty character, driving Harry away from her and back to Ginny, who will only shoot Harry down by reminding him that she will refuse to be anyone's second choice. I say that because you have written her to be a very determined and self-reliant character. She would be stupid to just take him back on a note like that. Either way, I shall see which one of my theories comes to fruition by continuing to read. Great work once again.
firefawn chapter 7 . 12/6/2006
Oh you clever plot weaver! Now I see why you are putting poor Ginny through such emotional torment! You are doing it to drive Hermione and Oliver closer together, so that the two of them can plot out ways to improve Ginny's happiness while slowly getting over their own delusions of over independence! Brilliant!
firefawn chapter 6 . 12/6/2006
I think of all the characters that you write, that you write Ginny the best. Honestly, her emotions shine through to the point where the readers stomach's contract at her pain. Great work.