Reviews for Complicated Beginning
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 10 . 8/2/2014
Goku u freakin baka. I always hated how he would leave too. I know he finally accepts and becomes proud of his saiyan heritage, it's part of his character development. But him loving to fight, intensifies too much, sure he does it to become strong to protect those he loves, but he also does it for selfish reasons.

There is no doubt he loves his family and friends, it's why he dies for them twice, but well it's the price of being married to a saiyan, a warrior, a hero. It's in his blood, but also who he is. Furthurmore saiyans as stated by Toriyama have never been ones to care for family, of course there are exceptions. Goku choosing to remain dead, I think was both selfish, so he could train in Otherworld and unselfiah, to keep his family safe cause he truly thought he was a danger to them. He really had put thought in his decision.

And he realizes this too, that he IS selfish. He tells Gohan before dying in the jap ver, 'Tell your mom I'm sorry. I've been selfish and given her hard times' But well it's who Goku is, and this does give him a sense of complexity in a way. Again though, there's no doubt he loves his wife, but seeing as earth is in danger, since there is always someone stronger, since he won't always be around to defend it, he has to train. While at the same time enjoying fighting.

A lot of people say Goku is a simple guy with little to no development, but this just isn't the case. Goku is, can be a complex character. It's what makes him interesting, but in a way not a hero too in his past decisions letting enwmies live juat so he can fight them again, knowing it's a huge risk. I could go more on this, but this is long enough.

Anyways, your story was fantastic and really wish Toriyama could write something like this and make it cannon cause dbz really is much more than just fighting, then like some people think.
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 8 . 8/2/2014
Omg, Piccolo saw Gohan, whoa! Now, that was intense o.o
It's so crazy to think that, what 2 years from now, Goku's greatest enemy and rival would come to have such a change of heart cause of his son.. It's so cute though how much Piccolo changes cause of Gohan and the great bond they come to share :')
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
So many feels over Goku thinking he would lose his family and him wondering aboht his parents. Not knowing that they both DID love him, but Frieza killed them.. Just feels!
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 6 . 8/2/2014
Awwww, they're parents now. So cute Goku's thought process on the whole situation. Arghh, Toriyama man up, and make something cute like this cannon! A big part of dbz is fighting, but that is NOT all it is!
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
They are too precious, especially Goku. He is such a naive sweety!
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
Hsaoaks. So cute! /
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 2 . 8/2/2014
Awww, both of them are trying at least. Especially Goku
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
Awww, this was cute in Goku being, idk so sweet and understandable to Chi Chi's feelins and all. I always did wonder how was it that he fell in love with her. Would have been so nice to see. Arghh, darn u Akira Toriyama, I know u said u aren't good at romance, but still!
chemistrykim chapter 10 . 6/23/2014
So beautiful... my fave story of dbz :)
Riju-chan chapter 10 . 5/6/2014
Omg! This is one of the best gochi story ever! The ending was so emotional... And yes, they're the strongest dbz couple ever! I hope you'll write some more with this pairing since you have written so well and not turned goku into a blithering idiot and chichi into a screaming bitch.
Riju-chan chapter 9 . 5/5/2014
Eeep! They're getting so sweet and adorable more and more... *hearts*
Riju-chan chapter 8 . 5/5/2014
Woah Piccolo saw baby Gohan! I'm glad pic jr isn't truly evil like king pic... or else Goku's nightmare would have come true O.O;;
Riju-chan chapter 7 . 5/5/2014
Baby gohan is the most adorable baby ever! Awww... Have to agree with goku here _
Riju-chan chapter 6 . 5/5/2014
Awwww... This chapter was so adorable! Finally they're parents!
Riju-chan chapter 5 . 5/5/2014
Omg I can't help but feel all giddy and happy reading this! xD these two make the perfect loving couple and parents ever!