Reviews for Complicated Beginning
ask.again.later chapter 4 . 11/21
What a wonderful description of marriage and love in general, Goku's naivety makes things so clear! Plus, you write so structured and have such an even flow, it's beautiful to read. It feels like it's really happening, very realistically described. What's best though, is that I can agree with the words you put into Chichi's mouth, what she tells Goku about marriage and husbands and wives and love. You wrote about their careful advance in to a real relationship without falling into stereotypes or gender roles.
Also, regarding he characters we're dealing with here, you give a very realistic idea of their married life together, especially during the first few months/years, when everything is still new and unfamiliar (more so for them than for a regularly married couple) and they have to get accustomed to this type of life.

Sorry if my sentences are disjointed and kind of incoherent - it's late here. But you deserve a much better review because this is awesome and you don't find gold nuggets like these in the giant flea market that is the internet. I am so impressed with your writing.
You Light The Sky chapter 1 . 8/11
Very sweet!
Silver.Film26 chapter 10 . 6/11
That was the most beautiful and satisfying Goku and Chichi story I've ever read. You have an absolutely amazing way with words. I haven't cried like that over a fanfiction in a long while, bravo you have an amazing talent!
roku1397 chapter 10 . 4/13
This is so touching...
roku1397 chapter 8 . 4/13
Yes I agree ! This is sooo cute
roku1397 chapter 7 . 4/13
This is sooo... beautiful!
roku1397 chapter 1 . 4/12
This is so sweet!
BeasCup chapter 10 . 3/12
Your interpretation of their relationship was wonderful. I loved the beginning and I love how you provided the depth in both goku and chichis character that was not explored in the anime. Thank you for writing! I enjoyed your work. :)
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 10 . 8/2/2014
Goku u freakin baka. I always hated how he would leave too. I know he finally accepts and becomes proud of his saiyan heritage, it's part of his character development. But him loving to fight, intensifies too much, sure he does it to become strong to protect those he loves, but he also does it for selfish reasons.

There is no doubt he loves his family and friends, it's why he dies for them twice, but well it's the price of being married to a saiyan, a warrior, a hero. It's in his blood, but also who he is. Furthurmore saiyans as stated by Toriyama have never been ones to care for family, of course there are exceptions. Goku choosing to remain dead, I think was both selfish, so he could train in Otherworld and unselfiah, to keep his family safe cause he truly thought he was a danger to them. He really had put thought in his decision.

And he realizes this too, that he IS selfish. He tells Gohan before dying in the jap ver, 'Tell your mom I'm sorry. I've been selfish and given her hard times' But well it's who Goku is, and this does give him a sense of complexity in a way. Again though, there's no doubt he loves his wife, but seeing as earth is in danger, since there is always someone stronger, since he won't always be around to defend it, he has to train. While at the same time enjoying fighting.

A lot of people say Goku is a simple guy with little to no development, but this just isn't the case. Goku is, can be a complex character. It's what makes him interesting, but in a way not a hero too in his past decisions letting enwmies live juat so he can fight them again, knowing it's a huge risk. I could go more on this, but this is long enough.

Anyways, your story was fantastic and really wish Toriyama could write something like this and make it cannon cause dbz really is much more than just fighting, then like some people think.
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 8 . 8/2/2014
Omg, Piccolo saw Gohan, whoa! Now, that was intense o.o
It's so crazy to think that, what 2 years from now, Goku's greatest enemy and rival would come to have such a change of heart cause of his son.. It's so cute though how much Piccolo changes cause of Gohan and the great bond they come to share :')
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
So many feels over Goku thinking he would lose his family and him wondering aboht his parents. Not knowing that they both DID love him, but Frieza killed them.. Just feels!
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 6 . 8/2/2014
Awwww, they're parents now. So cute Goku's thought process on the whole situation. Arghh, Toriyama man up, and make something cute like this cannon! A big part of dbz is fighting, but that is NOT all it is!
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
They are too precious, especially Goku. He is such a naive sweety!
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 4 . 8/2/2014