Reviews for Tokio's Wedding
Animercom chapter 3 . 6/14
Yay! A sequel! I was so happy when I discover you had written a sequel after reading the first. And just like the first, it was funny and sweet! Saito buying perfumes scene was really funny to read considering Saito was completely gushing about Tokio, a woman he has only known for what? Two weeks? :) The pig, of course, was funny as well, especially with its appearance at the wedding and Okita happily claiming it was his out of nowhere. I really liked how you played Tokio and Saito's perspectives against each other concerning the pig: Tokio was afraid of Saito would be angry with her while Saito believed her saving the pig's life to be yet another sign of how compassionate she was. You know, for all of Saito's complaining about Tokio's "hero worship" of him in the first story, he worships Tokio a lot, too! :) Though you say you are not good at writing romance, I think you did an excellent job. I was happy to see Kenshin and Tomoe pop up in the story! Thanks for writing a sequel!
Chades chapter 2 . 9/27/2014
This is so sweet (and funny), I don't even know how to react. I just had to squeeze my cat in order to not squeal like crazy. Weren't wedding kimonos usually white? Or did that only happen later? Mhm, gonna google that because now I'm curious.
chibi heishi chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
Aww, how cute.
chibi heishi chapter 2 . 8/3/2012
"He could go shopping with the best of them."
No. Oh, no, he did NOT... he did!
W chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Saizou, Saitou...LOL. Okita's great at naming pigs xD

"Stop rolling around in the mud, Saitou!"

"excuse me?" D *twitch twitch*

"Oops. I meant Saizou...sooo soorryy..." 0D

Really cute story. It's nice to see from Saitou's pov and you portrayed him very well. )
ferryboat George chapter 3 . 10/17/2007
I love this story. I'd love another sequel too, it wouldn't have to be the honeymoon. A sequel doesn't mean they have to follow immidiently after each other. I'd actually love to see a sequel years later, with Kenshin meeting Tokio for the first time and her recognizing him. I've never seen Peacemaker Kurogane, but I love your pig story :P

The little boy grinned. “The piglet, of course!”

ROFLMAOOL! ICB!
lilkyonkyon chapter 3 . 12/22/2006
Ah, thank you for telling me about this story! I wouldn't have found it if I was left to my own devices. And this one was so funny! Especially this chapter with all the innuendo. (I love a good innuendo.) Thanks again and keep up with your writing!
pinoykengumi7 chapter 3 . 12/13/2006
UWAH! THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL~ I love Saitou in this fic. *-* -grins- And Okita heehee SO GLAD HE'S STILL ALIvE AT THE END OF THIS FIC. And though it was short, it was still very very VERY good! Yay, another favourite story V And another sparkly review for your fanfic :P

-Duckii Mustang
Clorinda chapter 3 . 9/24/2006
It was brilliant. Mostly sequels never live up to the quality of their predecessors, but this one didn't need to. It was very, *very* good.

(Except maybe where Okita calls himself "Okita shouji" in the first chapter.)

I really liked the brief blink-and-miss Kenshin and Tomoe moment. It was really interesting how you played it out.

The cook ... ah, now there's a guy! I *love* his adorable little superstitions. I can't believe you made them up! They were really quite innovative, and *very* believable. But the pig ... ah, I really didn't know whether to explode in laughter or go on staring at screen, flabbergasted.

The Ikeda-ya Inn affair! I really was looking forward to it, mostly because it's kicked up more hype than it deserves. In every war, it always happens, and I never saw much cause to haul up the Shinsengumi separately for it. (Then again, I never saw much reason in calling Serizawa Kamo the only blight of the Shinsengumi, when Kondo and Hijitaka were never perfect little angels themselves.)

I liked how you wrote Saito undercover, though. "I'm going shopping," sounded pretty menacing coming from a guy like *him*. And adorable, too. (... ::replays sentence:: Saito ... adorable ... oops..)

The blind woman in the perfume shop was *excellent*. Honestly, there's no other word I can find, because she was superbly done. Blind, immeasurably clever ... really, by far, my favourite character in a plethora of stories.

That kid, Kimura, has a nice taste in farewell gifts, too.

Perfume to the rescue ... I loved that scene. [“I’m to be your husband, Tokio. I’ll always know what you need.”] ... of course, he will ... ::nods knowingly::

Okita to the rescue wasn't any less impressive, of course... Funnily enoughm I wonder if the title should not have been "Tokio's Wedding," but "Tokio's Pig" instead.

I *love* what you did with the cook, Hokkaido and the spy. Simply marvellous, and extremely unexpected. But I didn't get a part of it: was the cook one of the Ishin Shishi, or did Saito only need to kick out the spy?

[“I trust you to protect me with your sword, so it only seemed fair that I give you something to protect it.”]

Definitely one of my favourite romantic one-liners.

And definitely, I liked how you presented their wedding gifts. Saito's came as something typically characteristic of him— something that ultimately wasn't used as a luxury, but for something hard and practical; Tokio's once more was a token of her love and appreciation.

I liked the ending. Definitely not too saccharine, and to think Tokio unintentionally sewed two wolves in perfect symbolism ... wow.

PS. I suppose it would be useless to mildly suggest bringing into existence a second sequel, that might, ah, I don't know, follow their honeymoon? ... I don't know, that just sounds like an interesting idea ... glad you— I mean, *I* came up with it? ::grins like the Cheshire Cat:: (albeit less creepily)
Jazzy Uchiha chapter 3 . 7/2/2006
i had a feeling that's where the pig was from, i loved your stroy, btw
Jazzy Uchiha chapter 2 . 7/2/2006
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
Jazzy Uchiha chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
that was so cute, and kenshin acted so cute too
Meri Kaisla chapter 3 . 2/20/2006
*laughs* the Pig Episode was fun ;) First, there is a dramatic silence... then... “Hey, it’s Edo style pork!”

Shinpachi is definitely the bright one.
Meri Kaisla chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Had to come back for more ;) ahem.
charmed-sword chapter 3 . 2/2/2006
'Saitoh had an overwhelming urge to gatotsu the hat for making his Tokio unhappy,' Ha ha! _

This was a very cute chapter, I enjoyed every moment, from Saitou giving her the perfume, to Okita claiming the pig as his own (yess, it was Saizou! _) to Saitou acting as though he knew about the inn all along, and granting the cook and innkeeper escape LOL.

Ha ha, the image of Harada drunkenly asking Okita abut the pig was just great. And then that ending, that was soo cute and romantic! Love your Tokio, and of course, this story.