Reviews for The Way of a King
Turwaithien chapter 10 . 6/7/2012
This collection of stories is FABULOUS! What an utterly delightful read although the second chapter broke my heart and left me in tears. Which is of course nothing but a compliment for your writing skills and it is my favorite chapter of all.

You have a way of creating deep emotions with your words that never fails to draw me in. I love those "darker" but very realistic stories and I'm sure they are much harder to write than fluffy or romantic pieces.

I like how you bring Éomer and all the other characters to life. The little romance in "Know Thy Place" is convincing and bitter-sweet.

Great job! Very well done! Thank you!
kycatsfan chapter 10 . 1/29/2010
I read this story somewhere else and loved it. I'm glad I found it here so I could add it to my favorites list. I've read some other stuff you've written too, so I'm going to add all that to my favorites too. You are an awesome writer, and I love how you write Eomer. He seems so real in your stories, not like some fictional war hero as he does in so many other stories. I love that he's human in your stories.
Mystikal19 chapter 10 . 6/16/2005
Wow, this is sincerely amazing. This little short story was beautiful, and the friendship between Freya and Éomer was superbly written. I love how you write Éomer, I think you do a fabulous job and no one has ever captured him like you do. The pride is still there, but a deaper passion is there as well. I also loved Freya, she was a wonderful person, and everything she said of the reasons why they cannot love each other was exactly right. It was a hard thing to do no doubt, but it had to be done, and she is a better person for speaking righteously to him. I wonder what she will think when she hears of all Éomer finds as a king in his exploits, and I also wonder what she will think of Lothiriel. Great job, you have created characters that will forever be imbedded in my mind.
quizzabella chapter 9 . 6/7/2005
Good chapter, although a little sad. Elfhelms' words make sense, it will be interesting to see how Eomer deals with the situation. Looking forward to the next chaper.
Mystikal19 chapter 9 . 6/6/2005
What a spendlid chapter. I for one think that everything Elfhelm said is perfectly true. Éomer would not settle to harvesting crops, and he knows it himself. There is no way that he and Freya would work out. Éomer loves Edoras and the Golden Hall (he does not know this but he will be King and no offence to Freya but she could never be Queen) and he would never leave Éowyn. Great chapter, the frustration Éomer had but the willingness to think of what his wise and elder teacher Elfhelm was also very good. Now, we come to the hard part, trying to show Freya that it wouldn't work and not breaking her heart too much for that poor girl is probably head over heels in love with the young Rohirrim by now. (Who wouldn't be?) Hope everything works out okay with the details of the heart, I am sure it all will find its place in due time, as it always does. Great chapter, I'm loving this more each time. Update soon please!
Mystikal19 chapter 8 . 5/20/2005
Very very good chapter, I really (though I didn't think I would cuz I'm a diehard Lothiriel/Éomer fan) like Freya and Éomer's flirting. It's very sweet and the way you described their first kiss is very splendid as well, with all the nervousness and the feeling in Éomer's stomach! This chapter was great, it described the differences of living in Edoras and where Freya lives, I had never thought of them eating a warg because of food scarcity. Very thoughtful of you :) Sorry I didn't review last chapter, I read it and boy was it amazing, but when I went to review it said that I had already reviewed and I tried on every other chapter but they STILL wouldn't let me review! It was so frustrating, but I just wanted to let you know that I read it, loved it, and am so glad you continued quickly. Do it again quickly, would you? I would appreciate it much, and am looking forward to see what the Yule celebrations will bring. :)
Necromancer1000 chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
Wonderful stuff, Katzilla. I look forward to reading more...and hopefully soon :-)
Katzilla chapter 7 . 5/18/2005
Eirwen: Thank you! I'm happy you like it so much. And I am having a lot of fun writing these, and thinking them up, even if it can sometimes also be a struggle. Yes, I would imagine being all by yourself in the wilderness, with evil things like orcs and wargs and what-so-ever crawling around, must be pretty tough. But that's why they have their Rohirrim, right?

Kamuela: Wonderful to hear from you! And to see that you've apparently read all my other stories as well, and so attentively that you even know exactly which character is coming from which story, and who dies where. Now that I think of it, I also feel a bit sad that Éothain doesn't make it past "Rohan Ghost Story" in my universe. I hope to write an episode that features him a bit more prominently in this "Young Eomer"-circle.

SG1scribe: Also wonderful to hear from you! I am missing your stories these days; ever since you concluded "Rohan Conspiracy", I don't have anything to look forward to. May we soon see another one? (Please say yes).

Mystikal19: Ah yes, my most loyal reviewer! Once again thank you for your always insightful reviews, it is so rewarding to read all your ideas and thoughts. Your reviews are always among the longest and most detailled, and I'm loving you for them. Sometimes, they even give me ideas where to go with a story.

Caz: Thank you for this huge compliment! The Rohirrim are my favorite Tolkien-people, too (I guess is shoes), and it is nice to hear that someone with a similar preference think that I've portrayed them well. I'll try to keep that up.

Quizzabella: Yes, life was never easy for Éomer, wasn't it? But if it was, he wouldn't have been the stern young warrior we've seen in LotR (at least imho). Suits me fine, since I like writing all this angst and action.

Once again, to all of you a huge THANK YOU!, and stay tuned for more!
Eirwen chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Very scary - really brings home the fragility of existence of rural people in this type of culture especially in such dangerous times. And it gives Eomer such strong back-story. You can see how these experiences would make the man. Keep going: loving it (in case you hadn't guessed!)
Kamuela chapter 7 . 5/17/2005
AH! This chapter was /amazing/! I was on the edge of my seat and never have I read any faster! I was so worried something bad would happen to either Éomer or Freya (since Éomer thinks he is falling for her) and am so glad nothing like that had gone wrong. I recognized Tolgor from "Twilight" and am quite happy with how you are linking all your stories together. Lately, I have become fond of Éothain, and I wish he had not died in your story "A Rohan Ghost Story"! Anyway, this is great, thrilling as ever, and I am so anxious to see what is going to happen next! Halad sounds so adorable, and the description that he and Éomer are similar is very sweet as well. Great great great great job, update soon!
sg1scribe chapter 7 . 5/17/2005
I'm really enjoying these short episodes of Eomer's early life. You've captured him perfectly, and I like your OCs too. Yay for Freya being brave and resourceful. Keep up the good work.
Mystikal19 chapter 6 . 5/12/2005
Very very good update! I really like the slight Freya/Éomer going along, it adds a lot to the story. Of course Éomer would fall in love millions of times just everyone else. Lol, maybe not *millions* of times! But anyway, Éomer treats Freya like Éowyn as well, teaching her how to fight and defend herself. Perhaps this will play more in the rest of this part? I loved the bantering he received from his comrades, it was hilarious! And Elfhelm's words before he left to behave himself was very comical too. You have uplifted my spirits which were glum from a tough day. I am so curious to see what happeneds next, obviously Éomer and co. won't be leaving soon because of the already knee-deep snow. Great job!
Caz-10-5 chapter 6 . 5/12/2005
Of all the peoples of Middle Earth, I think the Rohirrim must be my favourite. I love the way you are exploring the experiences that have made Eomer who he is. I think you've perfectly captured the sense of pride and duty of the Rider's of Rohan, their camaraderie and their bond with their horses.
Mystikal19 chapter 5 . 5/4/2005
Another wonderful chapter! I really liked Éomer's embarrassment because all of the elder warriors had been looking to him for his riding skills. Very teenager-ish (if that makes sense). I find myself very prideful, and this sounds exactly like something a younger Éomer would trouble himself over. I felt bad for Éothain, but his concern for his horse made me happy, for I love horses so much too. I love Elfhelm, he is just so cool! Lovely chapter, I'm enjoying seeing what Éomer was like when he was first beginning to be the epitome of all Rohirrim soldiers. Looking for the next installment, as always!
quizzabella chapter 4 . 4/22/2005
Ah poor Eomer, I love the way you portray his frustration at the situation. Looking forward to the next update.