Reviews for Legacy of the Chimera
Xephon chapter 38 . 3/11/2006
You magnificent bastard! "Within the hour?" Yeesh, the 24 is strong in this one. Haha, it did feel a bit rushed...but I still loved every word of it. The Serra-Squall scene was nice and explained well their emotional (or lack of) connection. Everyone was less surprised than I thought they would be after Randolph revealed himself. BTW, does Squall know about Zell-Ellone? I'm guessing posing as the Chimera didn't stop him from keeping tabs on everyone.

And you know...I'm still hoping for a team-up between Nash and Squall, both wielding their God-killing weapons, and charging head long to fight Hades and Hyne. *drool* Yes...P

*crosses fingers* Hoping for another update soon. (Yes, you must become Fanfiction-man, throwing out chapters at the speed of light!) P
CustomMagnum chapter 37 . 3/10/2006
Wow... The revelations and plot twists keep coming, you had me sideswiped on Randolph and Seifer's relationship, the Chimera's idenity, and the whole Requiem thing. Just damn.

I'm assuming you've had this entire thing planned out since Gunblade. Keep up the good work.
Tain Shari chapter 37 . 3/10/2006
My first reaction upon seeing this was "YAY! two chapters in such a short time!"

After reading this chapter - "Peptuck, you #&$ *%!#$&*$%#&!$ *#!"

And then, "YAY! Squall's BACK!"

Finally, "Randolph!"

Great chapters! Keep up the good work!
Blue chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
Omfg, I knew it! I KNEW IT! DAMMIT! I didn't see Randolph being the Chimera though. I guess it fits in right. In order for Seifer to be his kid, he had to have had a son by the time he met Laguna in Esthar. So there IS a reason why Seifer is badass too. It's cause he has Chimera genes too. I suppose there are minor resemblences between Squall and Seifer...but the hair is totally off . So things are starting to unravel. Shit is hitting the fans though...Illara and Malachi got away. Not to mention Selphie totally blasting the SeeDs away. Man, I bet people expected Rinoa to face off against her significant other and not Irvine ) I called you on Requiem! I still don't believe it, but I something kept nagging at me. Overall awesome chapter. A couple of spelling errors here and there, misplaced spacing but nothing absolutely incomprehensible. I think the fight between Squall and Rinoa in Motivation was a bit...cliche'd. I can understand though, it was a hard scene to write. Congratulations on making it this far, I'll keep reading as long as you keep writing. Good job.
Solid Shark chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
Okay, I'm officially impressed. I never thought I'd run into an author more devious than I am, but in perhaps nine thousand words, you have more plot twists than I do in thirty thousand.

Selphie's appearance didn't really surprise me; knowing how you operate, that was pretty inevitable. Illarra, on the other hand... You know, I'd noticed weeks ago that people were speculating the Requiem was her, not Squall, but did I believe it? Of course not; I accepted the words of Nash and "the Chimera" at face value, assuming that they knew what they were talking about... little realizing that "the Chimera" himself was Squall. Not that I'm complaining, mind you; this has more scope for a possible happy ending than what I originally thought, since you've pretty well established that removing the Requiem armor will kill the corpse wearing it.

Randolph being the Chimera was another unexpected touch, though it didn't surprise me as much as it might've, since you'd already revealed the imposter for who and what he was. That does present an interesting situation, though: that means Seifer, like Illarra, is Squall's first cousin... which raises interesting questions where his relationship with Serra is concerned. Presumably, though, you have everything figured out; as I should well know, anyone with a plan as devious as yours always has the details all figured out in advance...

Well, one thing's for sure: I'll be eagerly awaiting your next chapter. This is getting INTERESTING... Solid Shark
lionheart614 chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
Ok dude, I'm confused. So this Chimera is Squall but Squall isn't the real "Chimera" so what is he? UPDATE LOVE YOU.
OniRazz chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
*Starts HOLY SHIT chant*

That was truly satisfying.
shootski chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
Jesus...how many plot twists can you cram into this behemoth of a work?

I commend you. I had suspicions that the Chimera was Squall, but you managed to beat them down and convince me that Sqaull was dead. That was before I read the chapter. It was very, very well-executed. Sorry I called you a bastard.

p.s. if you kill Irvine, I will call you a bastard again.
deathkitten reborn chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
That was shocking..im still not entirely sure what happened but i liked it,a lot in fact.

I enjoyed the way the battle at the train station happened,i was surprised with malachi being a sniper and with the sniper being there at all,i thought they would just barge in and stuff would happen, i didnt expect for them to get stalled.

And this chapter really confused me,so much stuffs happening it nearly blew my mind out,but i enjoyed it a lot just like EVERY other chapter.

Thanks for doing two chapters in such a short space of time.
kimahrigirl chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
OMFG! There was a time when I thought the Requiem was Illarra and then you worked your literary magic and I genuinely believed it was Squall and...man...the Chimera and...I am just speechless. This just made my crappy week disappear. You have no idea how much this whole story means to me-not just final fantasy VI, but YOUR story. The way you weave aspects of so many different favorites of mine into THE favorite of mine and with the amazing plot and the best action sequences I have ever read...Okay, I'll stop hero-worshipping now. It feels like it is too close to the end...Is it close? I don't know what I will do when this is over, nothing will measure up to it.
AntiCensor chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
Damn man, as usual you don't waste time.

So we finally see Selphie again? And she's being mean, poor Irvine. But then again we must remember, deep down, that girl is pure evil. I always thought so at least.

I did realize this earlier but I forgot to say anything, I'm guessing that is isn't the Chimera, but Nash who is this story's Sol Badguy. I'm not quite sure why I didn't get this before.

So we finally found out which one it was. Good stuff.

That is, a double plot twist... and it rocks! As I was reading the first I was thinking "what? but, who?... isn't he?... eh?" So that means that Seifer is one too? This is a crazy twist to the story man, I can't wait to find out how he got out of the sea.
Frytas-90 chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
Great chapter! It was so exciting. you have surprised me. I knew Chimera was somewhat related to Squall but it was really surprising
Kitty Kyinsky chapter 37 . 3/9/2006
WHOO! I KNEW there was too much similarity between the Chimera and Squall to just be a matter of the Chimera's descendents...!

Though, it does make it interesting, if Squall and Seifer have been cousins all along... And it doesn't work well for Seifer and Serra that way...
BlueStrife chapter 37 . 3/8/2006
You. Are. A. God.

That is all.

Nah, jk... In all honesty those twists caught me completely offguard.

You must explain How and Why now. N-O-W.

Also, if it turns out that Serra and Seifer end up together, wouldn't that be incest on some minute level? O_o;;
dableonhart chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
I enjoyed the prologue. The way you opened it with the "bad guy" reading the profiles was very interesting.

i know that u have like 40 chapters already but i just started and the first chapter usually tells me whether or not im goin to keep reading. yours pulled me in with its ambiguity and mystery. i look forward to reading this and putting off more college work. :)
846 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »