Reviews for The Vorpal Blade
brendafay chapter 18 . 6/1
can you write more please
Rebel Goddess chapter 18 . 7/18/2006
I love how utterly weird you make Drusilla and yet she still makes sense. Delightful chapter. Even without Spike, I adore this. More please. The aura being like a kiss of black smoke was a particularly good image.
ozma914 chapter 18 . 6/21/2006
Dru appeared a little uneven for a moment, and I was just thinking that she wasn't as crazy as she pretended when Tara as much as said the same thing. It was the first time through this whole story that I got ahead of you - if only for a line or two. :-) I liked the revelations of this chapter, and the way they didn't quite reveal everything straight up.
Lady Kate chapter 18 . 6/19/2006
A very intriguing chapter. Like the dream sequences, and the description of Drusilla as a force of nature. You write a wonderful Drusilla - she's so changeable, hypnotic one moment and distracted the next, and I simply loved the way she told the story.
ozma914 chapter 17 . 6/6/2006
Wow - the subject of what happens after finally comes up. I like the way you handled it, especially in Spike's case. He was right in character - I mean real world character, the way he actually became in S6, rather than the little boy who started out in this world.

Adam was also particularly well done, but it was Tara, and her realization that Spike knew the future, that I found particularly effective.
Lady Kate chapter 17 . 6/4/2006
What a place to end the chapter! Now I can only sit here and wonder what else you've got in store.

I loved your version of Humpty. "Not the King's horses, but all the Queen's men..." LOL! Too bad he wasn't a giant Easter Creme Egg. I'd drain him dry in no time... (caloric vampire me). Um, anyway...

Also liked the rather poignant discussion between Spike and Tara re: the future. Wasn't too sure about the Spike/Tara pairing when the story first started, but you seem to be able to make it work and keep them both in character.
Rebel Goddess chapter 17 . 6/4/2006
Favourite line was Adam being a far superior egg but I loved the post-kiss conversation. This is so good to read and I really love your inventiveness. More please. Fantastic chapter. Adam as Humpty-Dumpty is a vision that will be with me for a while.
ozma914 chapter 16 . 5/30/2006
That was the best, most accurate portrayal of the Mayor I've ever read - which means he was lots of fun.

*Adam* is Humpty-Dumpty?
Lady Kate chapter 16 . 5/23/2006
Hmm, I might have a new favourite line: "It was a pig, sure, but you were acting like real parents." Do you know how many times I've wanted to say that to people I know? ;-)

Good thing I'm not really squeamish about insects. Definitely looking forward to Humpty-Dumpty (and maybe all the King's horses and all the King's men...)
Lady Kate chapter 15 . 5/23/2006
Tee hee! Loved Anya - you've really got her voice down. How to prepare 'pigs in a blanket' and the proper use of pepper, all in one chapter.
Lady Kate chapter 14 . 5/22/2006
You know what I love about this story? All the improbable things that you'd never, ever imagine in a fic. Like Spike getting beat up by a turtle. LOL! And what a great line: "He seemed so... so... turtle."
Lady Kate chapter 13 . 5/22/2006
Yuck. I don't like mushrooms. And your description of the forest isn't likely to make me change my mind any time soon. There are no "innocent mushrooms". ;-)

Excellent writing - you really have a great talent for description that sets the atmosphere of the story. And I very much liked the exchange between Lorne and Spike.
Rebel Goddess chapter 16 . 5/20/2006
Your version of the Mayor is so entertaining. Loved Spike being a dancing partner to the Mayor-wasp. Adam as Humpty Dumpty is an image to make me smile. Great chapter. More please.
ozma914 chapter 15 . 5/14/2006
Great seeing sold favorites. Anya was so ... well ... Anya. :-) Now I'm really looking forward to a scene with Mayor Wilkins, who could be such fun in his evilness!
Rebel Goddess chapter 15 . 5/13/2006
I'm not sure what was more exciting, the Mayor's appearance or his speech. Wonderful chapter. Loving this as always. More please. Poor little piggy-wig, I'm sure it would be too little to make good pork chops.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »