Reviews for High Tech Treason
Taranea chapter 12 . 7/2/2007
Wow, cool story and the whole game nicely tied in without it becoming too repetitive! :)

although I would have wished for you to deviate more form the dialogue given, I think you did a great job at making it sound a lot more fluid and natural than in the game.

the ending was kind of bitter...metal sonic regressing to an 'it' was sad to read. but having him there as a sort of inspiration/warning to shadow was a cool idea. Nice work!
Taranea chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
hmm, just found this one and I like it a lot. Im a huge metal sonic fan and looking forward to read the rest if the chapters. The way you gave us an insight into the robotic mind was very amusing, especially the part about facial expressions.

I also like your style, very detailed and fresh. just this bit here...

"Soon the ever-expanding metallic gel seemed to engulf Metal entirely! Desperately, Metal continued its struggle from within the enveloping sheet, but it was useless! Soon, the tight fitting material paralyzed Metal! Had it a sense of touch, Metal would have soon detected that the overwhelming force was not stopping at the outer frame!"

well, the exclamation marks seem to be a bit overdone, but thats just me. but what really irked me was the continued use of "metal". I mean, using "it", "the robot", "Sonics doppelgänger" or "mecha" from time to time is not that hard, is it?;)

nice work!
spooks4545 chapter 12 . 12/7/2006
o' the best Sonic stories I've ever .
Lady DragonStarr chapter 12 . 12/9/2005
Wow, what a great story...it certainly added to the somewhat weak storyline of "Sonic Heroes". It was nice to see that Metal Sonic had a motivation of getting stronger and beating Sonic rather than just taking over Eggman without any thought. Your story makes "Sonic Heroes" make more sense and I thank you for that. I thouroughly enjoyed your story. :)
Hoverbike Girl chapter 12 . 11/19/2005
I don't know how to express how much I love this story in words! The description, the plot, the characters...were perfect! Keep writing more! (Oh, yeah, and you and this story are goin' on my faves list!)
Ryan chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Wow. A contemporary of the Antipode? This is some great stuff. I shall keep reading.
Martial Arts Master chapter 12 . 9/9/2005
I must say, you've come up with brilliant ideas. The idea that Metal Sonic gained his transformation ability from a sentient source, for example, plus your explanation as to why Vector sounded different in the scene in which he spoke to Amy. Also, since I love Cream, I admire how you made her the instrument to catching Metal Sonic off-guard during the Egg Hawk scene. However, you overused exclamation points during the battle scenes. The scene in which Team Rose takes down the Egg Hawk comes to mind. Generally, exclamation points are usually used in dialogue, and not during narrative descriptions. Also, you ended one of your chapters with a comparison to Mars and his thunderbolts. If you were trying to reference Roman mythology, I should remind you that it was JUPITER who wielded thunderbolts, not Mars. Mars was the Romanization of Ares, the god of war. Other than that, you've added a lot of depth to a game that lacked it. For that, I commend you.
Ri2 chapter 12 . 8/24/2005
Well, that was a satisfying and philosophical ending. More so than the actual ending. Well done!

Don't suppose you'll make a sequel?
Ri2 chapter 11 . 8/24/2005
Whoa...

Awesome. You made it a lot more dramatic than the actual boss fight. Very well done!
RyukoVulpix chapter 12 . 7/21/2005
And so ends one of the best Sonic stories that has been my good fortune to read. :)

The final battle was described perfectly! In fact, I just had to listen to "What I'm Made Of..." as I read it. It was a terrific adaptation of a boss battle, which I know must have been quite interesting to put into words.

I enjoyed the last chapter just as much. Of course, as is probably expected, I'll say that Shadow's "ending" was the most ominous, obviously leading up to his new role in "Shadow the Hedgehog"... It was fun to hear your comments on the dispersal of the various teams. Knuckles... is slow. 'Tis a fact.

One thing that amused me quite a bit as I was reading through this ending was the dialogue... the original, Sonic Heroes dialogue. And the thought crossed my mind that, perhaps, George Lucas is not the "king of wooden dialogue" after all...

An ever-flowing fountain of enthusiasm. One can't help but admire Sonic's energy.

Great ending to a great story. I'll be looking forward to more of your works.
Magnatron chapter 12 . 7/20/2005
You know I have noticed that sometimes when you leave a review words get ommited. It ussually happens when you do repeat letters. So I'm going to put directions to getting that other great Sonic Heroes material in my bio.

God bless you.

I am the Eggman
Prominence Flare chapter 12 . 7/20/2005
...Going on my favorites. Nuff said.
nintendofreakgcn chapter 12 . 7/20/2005
Well, what can I say? That was easily the best Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic I have ever read. You've been able to take what little plot Sonic Heroes had and turn it into a great story. You fill in the many plotholes stylishly, and evry battle seems like an epic.

But the star of it all was, of course, Metal. You handled him brilliantly, and the scenes with him and E-6 truly stand out. You can see a sort of prgression with him, and that is the sign of a truly great author.

I do see a couple of problems with this story, though. First, I must remind you that the plural of chao is chao, not chaos. Secondly, your repeated use of bold/italic font can get a bit confusing. That said, I suppose it was the only way to pull off those tricky scenes. All in all, these are just minor faults in an excellent package.
Sky's Penname chapter 12 . 7/19/2005
Hey! Nice story! Really liked the whole thing! Hope you make another story soon! I'll be there to read it! well... as long as its somthing I know about of course. Great story! MUHAHAHAHA! See ya!
Red Mage Moogle chapter 12 . 7/19/2005
Huh...

Not too bad, kupo. It would explain one way how Metal Sonic changed his body in order to become the Overlord, kupo.