Reviews for Tying Up Loose Ends: Akane Learns To Swim
Chibi chapter 1 . 7/4/2016
Aww. This was sweet, and truly funny! The humor was spot on perfect for Takahashi's manga.
Luna12 chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
Aw, this was so cute. It was full of classic banter and hijinks that felt true to the original series. Great job!
Bobbwa chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
Super cute and very on point. I could definitely see this as a manga.
PurseMonger chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Adorable!
FireInLife chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
I really like the double meaning where Ranma says he likes Akane. He could be blushing because he said he liked Akane, or he could have been blushing because he just admitted the guy was gorgeous. Plus the teasing Akane sent towards Ranma about liking him as a girl early on :P

As the others side, this is quite like the manga. Even the modesty bit is true enough. If Ranma didn't purposely flash somebody in a fight or something like that, then he was shown to have tried to cover up quickly. For instance, when Akane was going to talk to Ranma about Kasumi and Tofu, she found out Ranma was a girl at the time and opened his shirt. When the hentai horde started staring, he hid behind Akane. A few days later, when Ryoga ended up slashing Ranma's shirt open, Akane pointed out that Ranma was a girl at the time. Ranma then turned around and hid his chest blushing.

It's not that he has no modesty, just that in a fight he'll do what it takes to win without caring for something like modesty. Seeing as he was about to win anyways and about to flash an entire crowd, of course he'll care. As for the times he walked around without a shirt in the house, it's simply because he either didn't notice that he was a girl or perhaps because he considered the Tendo house to be home and thus okay to walk around like such.
FrictionX42 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
heh, and rack up one more crazy 'anything goes martial arts [fill in the blank]' thing for Ranma to win...
shallwedance1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Just want to restate what others have said before - this has the spirit of the manga down pat. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to bask in the warm glow that reading Ranma 1/2 always gives me.! I know fanfiction is for people to do what they want with a storyline, but I loved Ranma 1/2 for what it was and couldn't enjoy any fanfiction of it I read. Then I came across this one!

As to tips - it did strike me as odd that Ranma would be worried about not having a shirt on when he turned back into a girl, certainly I've seen no evidence of modesty so far :) Why not make it that he's worried he won't beat Haruki as a girl?

Also, Akane actually does go about swimming all the wrong way - she breathes in water instead of air and it comes as a revelation to her that that is not, in fact, how you do it :) This was in the manga. You seem to have watched the anime (which makes it all the more lovely that your style is so manga-compliant...unless you've read the manga too?) and I haven't, so I don't know if there was a corresponding anime episode.

Wow, long post...sorry, I hope I helped a bit. Thank you for writing!
greenflower4813 chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
aww, very cute story well written!
coughdrop101 chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
I really liked this. Especially in the beginning where I was expecting Ranma to save Akane and instead Nabiki did. That kept it from becomming like other "Akane learns to swim" stories. Plus the characters weren't occ. This story could've probably fit somewhere in the manga.
Concetta chapter 1 . 4/19/2005
Cool! It read just like it could have been in the manga or an episode! Great job! I like what he, Ranma, says at the end "'Akane! You're doing it! Amazing!' then, under her breath, she said, 'You're amazing...'"
Aumi-chan chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Oh how cute! I loved it!

That is very interesting, swimming competitons...

Aumi
Angela Jewell chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
This was really cute, and you did such a great job of keeping everyone in character-particularly Ranma and Akane. It was very believable, and while I was reading it, it felt like I was watching a real episode. Everything was very easy to picture, especially Haruki.

Just a couple small things: you spell his last name 'Saotome', not with a Soutome. And also, I don't think the first thing Ranma would be worried about after turning into a girl, is being naked. He's shown countless times that he's not modest in his female-form, and has often used it to his advantage during a fight. Akane's reaction, however, was perfect: that IS something she'd be worried about. :)

Anyway, I really liked your story. Thanks for writing it!
Jupiter Pickels chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
I love it! Update soon!
LetoHearts chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
lol, it was awesome! Except you misspelled some names wrong. Kasumei- I'm pretty sure it's Kasumi (but hey I could be wrong), Soutome- Saotome, and U-Chan, actually I'm not sure, but I usually see it as Ucchan, oh well. Anyhoo, I hope you continue because it's really good!
SakuraAyanami chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
Wow and I mean wow, because you definitely caught the essence of Takahashi-sama so keep up the good work. PS loved the fic