Reviews for A Padawan's Priorities
Sue Clover chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
This one had me grinning, open mouthed, the entire way down. Seriously, I doubt I closed my mouth to stop smiling more than five times. It was the cutest, sweetest, funniest perfect bit of fluff I think I have ever read. Simply beautiful. I want to do some more keyboard mashing but that would be rather pointless, so I'll just reiterate how much I loved this fic. I loved it almost as much as I love Obi-Wan, and that's saying something.
MJLupin27 chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
Awww this is the cutest thing ever *w*
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
actually i think i prefer this one to its 'prequel' funny, light and yeah devious too...loved it.
Obiwan456 chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Sweet companion piece to the first story, which I also thoroughly enjoyed. Master Purplehead.."snort"..that was funny. While the first one had me almost in tears, this one had me smiling all the way...good story. ~Obi's Mom
Tashilover chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
So amazingly sweet. I absolutely loved it. There isn't enough Obi/Qui fluff running around here and we need more. Thank you for this piece, I enjoyed it greatly.
GuTTerArT chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
A fabulously amusing sequel (though I dearly loved the Purple-Headed Mace in the first one. It was too hilarious) that definitely grabbed my attention. I adored the swap in this, with Obi-Wan attempting, and I stress attempting, mind you, to take care of Qui-Gon for once. Perhaps you can recommend a few other stories of the same nature? You're writing style is incredibly absorbing and very in-character as far as I can tell, which refers to my lack of knowledge beyond the Qui-Gon in Episode One. I'm a traitor to the fandom, I know. My point being that you write a diversity of his characteristics in a way that can be depicted as both the movie and the books, which shows true undiluted talent. I look forward to reading more of your writing in the future!
Celadrian chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
Eek! Fluff! So cute. So so so cute. Must have more!

*bounces off to lurk among the other stories*
SilentLaurel chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Favorite lines:

"Obi-Wan tried to take the datapad from his hand, but Qui-Gon stubbornly held on. After a brief tug-of-war, the Padawan acquiesced with a sigh. “Fine, keep it. But drink the tea. It’s zubreken blend, your latest favorite.”

“Oh.” Feeling slightly chastened somehow, Qui-Gon accepted the mug and hunched over it, sniffing it deeply as he waited for it to cool enough to drink, his eyes still fixed on the datapad in his hand. "-He ought to feel a little chastened. He was being ungrateful. And he was implying that Obi-Wan would bring *his* favorite instead of his master's. Ridiculous, really. Tsk, tsk.

"The boy’s wandering little hum became decidedly more chipper. He’d had to get up on his knees on the couch to get the right leverage, and now he lowered himself down to sit next to his Master, wrapping an arm familiarly around his shoulders and craning his neck in an attempt to read the datapad the man still held."-This is not exactly a favorite, but I'm picking it out for another reason. This is good visual writing. I usually have difficulty picturing what is happening in stories, yet this is so perfectly thought out that I can really see it. Congratulations.

"“My master. Such priorities.”

Priorities. Qui-Gon froze, eyes widening slightly...

...The boy nodded solemnly. “Though you don’t have to, of course. My appendix can only burst once.”-I'm clipping for space, but I really hate to do it. Everything I took out is totally worth copying. One more time with the humor. I love this. It's serious, yes, but, again, it is also funny. I laughed when I was reading this the first time.

Another favorite:

“Hm, what is my Master working on so obsessively? Matching the Padawans in the first tree? You know, I’ve been spending a lot of time in the salle lately. Probably more than you or Master Purple-Head. I know most of the Padawans and their styles pretty well. So here’s the deal: you sleep, and I’ll work this out and let you revise it in the morning.”-I like Obi-Wan's resillience in this story. Water off a ducks back. He's got his objective, and he is going to acheive it. And he doesn't really mind being unappreciated at the *moment*, because he know the truth.

“Gonna have to work on thish skill later . . . y’don’ quite have it unner control.”-No comment. Just liked it.

“Rebel-yus, stubborn, sneaky, manip’lative liddle Pad-wan . . .” Qui-Gon accused, waving a finger vaguely in the direction of Obi-Wan’s face."-Funny, again Laura. Maybe it's trying to write the humor that stifles you. You seem to do fine when it's unconcious.

I'm going to have to use some of these ideas, I think, while our next tournament is planned.
nuwie chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
_ That was funny ! And sweet ! Lack of torture, that's true... _~ But one cannot have everything, I guess... lol
Shandrial chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Oh, what a wonderful little story! Very cute and definitely amusing. I adored it all. I love how you've portrayed their master/apprenctice relationship. Very awesome.
Angel Spirit chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
Aw...cuteness! A one-shot that's nicely well done, I esp liked how it just focused on Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon...those kind of fics are always my favorite...-~ that, and the fluff was a nice touch too...LOL, I've got a big smile on my face now from having read this!
SpazKit chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
;_; so beautiful...
haru's doppelganger chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
sque! what a great set of stories you have ! is the story about candles on the sea over? is there more to it? i hope so! i love your amazing stories...ack i cried and laughed so much even MY stomach was (checking appendix) nope still good! excellent writing and i hope to read more!

Tokyo Nightingale chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
Aw, so sweet! I absolutely love your rendition of the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan dynamic. Made me smile. A lot. _ Can't wait to read more!
JC-Puzzler chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
This story was great! I enjoyed seeing Obi-Wan attempting to 'take over' in this sequel... Not to mention Qui-Gon's irritation at his attempts... *whistling is heard* *innocent eyes* I loved the line at the beginning where Obi asks “Aw, does my Master have a headache?” (lol) -Anyone who did have one would be more than likely to snap at someone 'smart' enough to ask a dumb question like that...right? And then you go and tell us that Qui-Gon even realizes how helpful he's trying to be:

' True, it was sweet of the boy to try to help him and all, but dash it all to pieces, he was still the Master here, and he was not taking orders from his eighteen-year-old apprentice! “Did you get knighted while I wasn’t looking? Obi-Wan, stop!” '

(hehehe!) Sometimes it's nice to turn the tables, isn't it Obi? *looks at Obi, who is currently coming up with more ways to lure his Master into relaxation without his prior knowledge...for his own good...* *sees Qui-Gon* Um... Heh heh heh... Never mind Obi! Um... He's not even there...not really! *steps back nervously as Qui-Gon tries to get past* Run, Obi! While he's fighting that sleep suggestion you gave him! *mutters* Oops... I just HAD to say that out loud, didn't I?

...Anyways... Once again, good job with keeping them (at least somewhat) in character. (Too bad Master Windu declined a repeat of that first performance... And I like Obi-Wan's new nickname for him, too: 'Master Purple-Head'! LOL!)