Reviews for The Ketsueki Quadrilogy: Chishio No Me
Ha! I KNEW Alex would find her way onto the ship.

All I kept thinking as I read this was how tough it has to be to keep track of all these characters. Roughly 20 on each one? Hats off to you, lady, because I don't think I could do that. Pretty sure I'd go nuts - worse than I already have LOL

Is it weird that I kept picturing Raiden's scene with the warriors on the ship like it was in the movie?
Dun dun dun!

Nice cliffhanger!

I'm glad to see the combatants are finally getting on the ships. I was anxiously awaiting this moment for a while.

Obviously, my ears perked up when it was Subby's scene, but the appearance of Scorpion at the end made me go, "Oh, snap!" I wonder how you're going to approach his relationship with Sub-Zero.

I want tell you something Obelisk of Light told me; I wasn't aware of it before but now I'm hyper-aware so I wanted to tell you too. There are a lot of Americanisms in your dialogue. This is okay for American characters, but you shouldn't have your non-Americans use them in their speech. It's a peculiar bit of feedback, I know, but I think it's a valid point.

In that light, I would work on making your characters' speech sound different from person to person.

But that's all the feedback I've really got!
Poe's Daughter chapter 7 . 4/6
I think you know I squeed in joy when I saw Sub-Zero make an appearance.

I had to look up Paul Phoenix, and bust out laughing over his character. You nailed it LOL Btw, did we talk about him before? I feel like I've heard his name before.

Ashrah's appearance was great, and I know her fans, who don't get to see her as often as other characters, had to be doing jumps for joy. I agreed with Noob - she made a fatal mistake leaving her kriss sword behind. I was intrigued by Smoke; it seems as if he's struggling to throw off the psychic shackles that bind him, and I hope he succeeds. I was a bit confused by what was causing him to malfunction, though.

And did I mention Sub-Zero? LOL I'm trying to imagine him as a silver fox. I liked his characterization, and my only criticism is that I wanted his section to be longer! :) But that could be because I'm biased...
Poe's Daughter chapter 6 . 4/6
This chapter had a lot going on. I was interested by the appearance of Matrik, the first female cyber-ninja I've ever seen. She's an unlikely fluke, and it was fascinating that of all the Tekunin, the only one who seems to know anything about his past is Sektor. It made me contemplate the possibilities concerning their personalities.

It was cool seeing Kabal as a hood. I'm pretty accustomed to seeing him as a good guy, not a bad guy, and I liked the different perspective and interpretation of his character.

I really liked Rose's beliefs about the stars representing a single human life on earth. I wonder if that's true. However, the scientist in me wondered if, when she saw a star wink out and she realized a life had just ended, if she'd accounted for the time. When we see stars die here, they've actually died several thousands or millions of years ago. It just took the light that long to get from there to earth. So I wondered if the life the star represented actually died long ago.

Lastly, I was surprised that you made Fujin an Elder God. It's not a bad thing, it's just surprising. He seems so young to me LOL

I only had one revision point for you, and that's grammatical. I noticed a lot of instances of verb-tense disagreement as well as jumping around between tenses. But those are easy fixes and apart from that, I enjoyed this chapter.
Poe's Daughter chapter 4 . 3/28
The way you're setting up this tournament reminds me a lot of the opening scenes in the Mortal Kombat movie. Of course, your story is on a more massive scale whereas the movie only looked at how Liu, Sonya, and Johnny came to the tournament.

So far, I'm impressed with how you're weaving together the four different game story lines. I wondered how well you would fare in that endeavor before I started reading, but if one didn't know any better, they'd have to say that these characters were all naturally part of the story rather than from four different universes. I like that they're all aware of each other, even before this story begins. That makes their individual stories blend together seamlessly.

I know this was a few chapters ago, but I hope Alex finds a way to join the crew in the action this time around. I know I'll have to read on to see, but I seriously have my fingers crossed for her to stowaway on the ship :)
SoulsofErmac chapter 76 . 8/12/2013
Dayyyuuuuuuummm! Shao Kahn absorbed the power of Soul Edge and Akuma? shit is truely going down, what a fantastic story, We loved every bit of it, always kept us on the edge of our seat, thank you for such a great fic, truly awesome.

Souls of Ermac will be returning for the sequel.
SoulsofErmac chapter 75 . 8/12/2013
Ouch Ivy got knocked the fuck out and she wasn't even in the battle, unlucky. Vega saved Anna, how unfortunate, Raven full of energy after hours of combat? well there's a surprise.. not! he's an ass kicking machine hahaha! Vega is very brave challenging Raven, oh well it's his funeral. Mileena you fucking whore! Raiden will get you and when he does you're in for a.. shock. We can't believe Rose is dead, one of the main characters and an amazing one at that, we will miss her.
SoulsofErmac chapter 74 . 8/12/2013
We were not expecting Shao Kahn to defeat Nightmare, no matter Akuma will finish the job. Ryu back to normal and now leaving Outworld, we thought he would be left behind, good to see we have been proved wrong. We love how easy it is for Heihachi and Kazuya to take the guards out, those pawns can't match the skills of kings. We think we know how the Akuma, Nightmare, Shao Kahn battle is going to end, we won't ruin it for anybody still reading though, if we are right about it, it is going to be epic. Kill her Nina, the world would be better off without a hearltess slut anyway. Noooo don't you dare kill Akuma.

Flawless chapter!
SoulsofErmac chapter 73 . 8/12/2013
We don't think Ashrah is going to be happy with the Kriss sword being destroyed, oh well. Good fight between Sub Zero and Noob. The Evil Ryu and Devil Jin battle is going to result in a double knockout by the looks of things. Outworld must be ner enough empty, we think the only ones who will be left behind are Devil Jin, Evil Ryu, Shao Kahn, Nightmare, Raiden and Ogre, we could be wrong though. Go KEN! he's always been a favourite of ours. Wow, Kenshi and Ermac vs Shang Tsung was completely amazing, I loved the whole thing "FINISH HIM". Ermac now has an army of hoes hahaha brilliant. Dark Sakura now! why is everybody turning evil hahaha
SoulsofErmac chapter 72 . 8/11/2013
So Soul Edge now wants to take over Shao Kahn? the plot has thickened once again, Nightmare is completely man-handling Shao Kahn we may add. Ermac now takes over to fight Shang Tsung, we hope we perform a great fatality on that son of a bitch. Raiden vs Ogre now there's a battle we thought we would never see, that has potential to be extremely dope. If we know Raiden we know he is definitely not dead, maybe he's.. nevermind. So Guy has joined the force of evil unwillingly, that spells trouble, we doubt Cody will be able to match Guys new found power.
SoulsofErmac chapter 71 . 8/11/2013
The ongoing Kazuya and Heihachi battle is probably one of the best in this fic although we can see Evil Ryu vs Devil Jin being even better. Wagner you're a very brave man, you have earned our highest form of respect, never leave a man behind (In this case woman). There are a lot of great fights in this chapter, long awaited fights we may add. Devil Jin just recieved a Shoryuken and basically laughed it off? what a badass. Wagner finally got his sister back, that's great. Sektor was easily convinced, Smoke saves the day, brilliant. Nightmare vs Shao Kahn THIS IS GOING TO BE EPIC!

PS - This chapter was brilliant once again
SoulsofErmac chapter 70 . 8/11/2013
Damn, Shang just pimp slapped that hoe! hahahaha! well atleast they're safe now, probably won't be long before Alex gets captured again or even killed. "Nina jumped up and wrapped her legs around his neck. She then quickly twisted herself, breaking the guard's neck in the meantime" that would be the perfect way to die. Wolfman dead now too, we kinda seen that one coming, Baraka finished him alright. We love how you described the MK logo in Shang Tsungs room, that was dope. Kenshi vs Shang, what an amazing battle, we hope Kenshi performs a fatality on the asshole. Havik fighting off Shao Kahns forces? YEAHHH that's what we like to see. AND KABAL!? even better. Awww well that didn't last long oh well atleast they killed Sodom. Evil Ryu vs Devil Jin OHH MY FUCKING GOD! that has rendered us speechless.
SoulsofErmac chapter 69 . 8/11/2013
We can see the Heihachi vs Kazuya fight lasting a while and why are those god damn guards so strong? we thought they would be one hit KO material. More Shokans? this war is not going to be easy for the chosen ones that's for sure, for a minute we thought Hwang was going to die and suddenly the voice in our head was shouting "NOOOOO" good to see Dan focused and kicking some ass for once. Maxi got Vega good with that kick to the head, we liked that shit. Paul fled? why? huh? he could have helped Rose and Raiden defend the portals. McCoy dead too now, seems like you're killing off all the minor characters now, that means more revenge and more space for new characters, we approve. Mika saving Julias life was a nice touch, I wonder when Ryu will be making his return. Finally an important enemy dead, we were not expecting Nina to appear anytime soon nevermind kill Vega, fun times. Ohh okay he's not dead, he pressed continue before his 10 seconds were up. Akuma vs Scorpion, FINALLY! now where did we put our popcorn..

Fantastic chapter, we can't wait to see Ryu and Jin back in action.
SoulsofErmac chapter 68 . 8/11/2013
Noob & Sektor have now joined the battle, things are not looking good at all for the chosen ones, they need all the luck they can get. Shang Tsung really is a bad bastard, he's mind-fucking Li Mei and probably doing the same to Alex, Kenshi is going to rip his head off (we hope). Once again Sagat turns neutral and disappears instead of helping out the chosen ones, typical self centered asshole. So Kazuya is alive and well but still no sign of Jin, destiny calls again as Kazuya vs Heihachi is going to be epic. OH FUCK! Nightwolf dead too? let's hope Dan has learned enough to avenge his master. Li Mei got out, that's good, now let's hope we can find and kill Shang Tsung.
SoulsofErmac chapter 67 . 8/11/2013
So Raiden and Rose are their to guard the portals, letting the allys go home if they chose an killing the enemies if they try to get past, We like this. We must say this story never fails to surprise us, just when we thought it couldn't get any better it does. Finally we get to see Guile in action again, it's been a while. Look it's us we're back, all kneel to Ermac. Ermac, Guile and Kenshi teaming up? we approve.