Reviews for The Life & Times Of: Before & After
Scientists of Olympus chapter 7 . 5/22/2013
In my entire year and a quarter of fanfiction reading, I have never, ever, ever found an author that has put so much time, effort, and hard work into their story as you clearly have. Not many people are willing to do this much research and speculation. I congratulate you whole-heartedly on your success. Your story is wonderful.
inujisan chapter 7 . 10/5/2012
finished reading, and I have to say, I enjoyed it.
But did you know that there was an old disney character nicknamed "Penny"?
While the guy trio is Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, there's the gal trio, Minnie, Daisy, and Penelope Pooch or "Penny"
Princess Moonheart chapter 5 . 7/13/2012
I love the story, it's really good! Keep on writing you are amasing!
Powerhouse73 chapter 7 . 1/27/2012
AWESOME STORY MAN AND I WAS READING THE SOUNDTRACK PART OF THE STORY AND IRONICALLY A FEW WEEKS BACK I HAD MADE A TRIBUTE VIDEO TO MAX AND ROXANNE. ITS CURRENTLY ON YOUTUBE NOW AND I USED THE SAME SONG TO USE IN THE TRIBUTE TEVIN CAMPBELL'S CAN WE TALK AND I WAS READING THE SOUNDTRACK PART AND WHEN I WAS THAT YOU USED THE SAME SONG I DAMN NEAR FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR BECAUSE I SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT THE SONG IF YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT ON YOUTUBE IT IS CALLED "MAX AND ROXANNE - CAN WE TALK" AND I HAVE ANOTHER ONE WITH THE SONG BY MICHAEL JACKSON - BUTTERFLIES CHECK IT OUT AND SEE HOW I DID. YOU CAN EMAIL ME () TO TELL ME HOW THE VIDEO WAS AND IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER TRIBUTES DID. AGAIN GREAT JOB AND I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS IS MADE INTO A MOVIE VERY SOON.
cougartail97 chapter 7 . 1/1/2012
another very good chapter in fact the whole story was good.
cougartail97 chapter 6 . 1/1/2012
another very good chapter also you never know if both max and roxanne will have a boy or a girl until the next movie for the series comes out if one is going to come out.
cougartail97 chapter 5 . 1/1/2012
cougartail97 chapter 4 . 1/1/2012
cougartail97 chapter 3 . 1/1/2012
cougartail97 chapter 2 . 1/1/2012
cougartail97 chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
a very good chapter.
DisBeam96 chapter 6 . 8/1/2011
I may be a little late on the "year of Max's birth" debate, but if he was born in early 1981 there is only one plot-hole; which can be avoided. If he is born early 81 he is roughly 11 1/2 which would fit Goof Troop. He would be 13 (or 14 depending on date) for the last day of school AGM. According to your having him being homeschooled in elementary school could mess up his age going into public school. This would also mean that he would be roughly 18 or almost turning 18 heading into college, right after high school. This works if we use the 1999/2000 school year.
Kartoonfanatic chapter 7 . 12/1/2010
Oh dear-dear GOD!

*gasps*

The quality... I'm chocking!

*flatlines*

Dear Author, you have killed me with your dedication and honor to Disney's Goofy adventures. How do ya feel about that?

Let me start from the begining. I don't believe I've ever seen such a well-referenced, true to storyline fanfiction to date untill I came apon this. I don't know how to give more praise than the other reviewers have, so I'll just point out the obvious:

You've pulled of a totally believeable story that not only fills in the gaps between all Goofy media relating to his life that Disney has produced, but have created a more than sufficiant reason and explination to back up ever word of it. I'm stunned by your increadible knoledge of Disney, especially everything Goofy, and I'm crazy for the way it all wraps up into a three part story WITH complete reference page (Authors commentary) and even a Soundtrack. I'll be honest, I didn't know much about Goofy's history, especially the activity in recent decades, but after reading this, I feel like I know so much valuable and interesting information and have grown to love Goofy and Max even more. And about the author's commentary especially, I felt my eyes melt with clear logic, so how you didn't die from writing all that is a miracle. Were Disney alive today, HE'D be stumped by you complex fan-theories.

About your concluded ideas reguarding all of the big blanks in Max and Goofy's timeline, especially Max's unknown mother, I totally back you up-on how it happended and the quality and life-like emotion filled way they were written. The quality of the writing adds to the beauty of this peice.

I'm really out of ways to express my gratitude to such an advanced story, but I thank you so much for writing this and sincerely hope that you take this love and experiance with writng works like this and... go work at Disney. XD Seriously, they NEED you!
NotAnotherFanficWriter chapter 3 . 9/19/2010
Right, I think I should try to explain the real reason why "A Goofy Movie" lacked many of the elements from the show such as Spoonervile, Peg, and Pistol.

Back in 1991 Disney released "Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp", based off the Disney Afternoon show "Ducktales". The original intent was that this would be the first of several Ducktales movies (note the colon). However despite moderate critical success it was not as financially successful as Disney hoped for. They figured (not too unreasonably) that this was because the movie was too strongly connected to the show which in turn alienated audience members who did not watch the Disney Afternoon, many of them probably wondering who the heck this 'Launchpad' fellow was and why Scrooge McDuck hired him if he was such an awful pilot. In fact Disney reasoned that the film's main selling point to the man on the street who didn't watch Ducktales was the inclusion of Scrooge and his Nephews, and if it had included Donald it would have grossed much higher. So they decided to can all future Ducktale movies.

Now what does this have to do with "A Goofy Movie"? Well quite a lot, for not only was "Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp" intended to start off a series of Ducktales movies but also a series of movies based off Disney afternoon shows as well. The show "Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers" for example had a movie based off it planed as well, but when Disney considered that the Ducktales movie which had four classic Disney characters sunk at the box office, a Movie with two radically altered classic Disney characters who teamed up with a group of characters nobody had ever heard of doing things which they never did in the cartoon shorts or comic strips would greatly alienate audiences and as a result would do even worse, and Darkwing Duck? A show which had NO classic Disney characters wouldn't have a hope in hell of drawing an international audience.

"Goof Troop" however had the colossal advantage of not only having two classic Disney characters (four if you counted the early incarnations of Pete Junior and "Junior" from the old cartoon shorts) but one of them being a member of the Disney "Big Three". Therefore Disney decided to give the planned "Goof Troop: The Movie" the go ahead under the condition that it distanced itself from the show to gain a wider appeal by not alienating audience members. So that mean changing the name to "A Goofy Movie" and cutting out the characters of Peg and Pistol, and changing Pete's job. Disney figured that audiences would swallow the idea of Pete merely having a son to mirror Goofy and Max better than having a whole family.

So who knows? If "Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp" HAD done well not only would we have had some more Ducktales movies, but also a Chip and Dale Movie, a Darkwing Duck Movie, and a Goof Troop Movie which included Peg and Pistol, and probably would have retained the ages of Max and PJ to 11.

On an unrelated note I was reading my "Disney Afternoon #6" when I saw a panel with Peg waving Pete goodbye and saying "Make lots of lovely money, cookie dough!", now she's an intelligent woman. And therefore would now that Pete is a crooked car salesman, so perhaps she's a crooked salesman as well let's face it, Estate Agents like Car Salesmen are not the most scrupulous of professionals. Also, she was married to him for ten soddin' years, surely she would have left him by their third anniversary if he was as bad as he was in the cartoon, which leads me to concluded that before Goofy went back to Spoonerville and lived next to Pete, Pete was a pretty cool guy if you excuse the 4chan reference.
Glittering Turquoise chapter 1 . 12/24/2009