Reviews for Swirl and Sours
XxFearTheFluffxX chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I really, really enjoyed that. It was incredibly well written - on that note, I LOVE your style of writing - and the plot itself was interesting and completely original. The way you wrote the characters was fresh and unique, and yet believeable; I didn't think they were OOC at all. I especially liked seeing such a different side of Reno. Before reading this story I wouldn't have believed it possible to make Reno silly and still have it feel like he was in character, but you managed it. I'm in awe of your writing skills. :)
JessicaJ chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
So cute, and I found myself laughing out loud a couple of times, about the characture of Tifa, and about putting their names together in Wutaiin characters.

A good short? story, and I enjoyed it very much.
tinkerheck chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
this was... WOW. truly well-written. Can you do one for Vincent/Yuffie? oh, and:

"Hypella Nightshade Crystallina Moonshine"

Inspired!
blendedhappymeal chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Clocent Strifentine? OMG, I couldn't stop laughing when the coupling names came up.

Anyway, that was awesome! I really enjoy this shipping and I like how intense it got near the end. The ending was nice, too.

:D
Squeeze-the-Fish chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
I am officially in love with this story. I was grinning dumbly for nearly the whole thing. It’s nice to see different layers to these characters. I’ve never seen this side of Reno, but I really liked it. He was like a kid, it was so funny. Yuffie was clever, and actually had mAd SkIlLz like so many ‘authors’ like to forget. I never EVER thought I’d be saying this about a kiss scene that involved Yuffie, but that was HOT. Not ‘HAWT’ but really H-O-T. Anyway, I’m impressed. Yuffie’s one of my least-liked characters, but I always thought she and Reno should get together and you’ve done it convincingly. Oh yeah, I loved your little blows as those stupid name combos; ‘Cloti’ and especially *shudder* ‘Yuffentine’. So anyway, awesome job.
Roboxfishy chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
uh-ju-be-guh...

I liked it ._.

ALOT!
CrissCrossedHaiku chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
I got like, halfway into this, and started laughing so hard I could no longer drink my Diet Dr. Pepper. As such, I'll never remember all the genius here, so I'm doing this AS I READ so I can copy and paste the particularly GENIUS bits (and now see that I've fallen completely head over heels in love with your Reno voice, you HAVE to write more Reno/Rydia). Okay, here we go:

"This was the most important and most useful glare, and the only one that Reno ever made use of. Glare Number One was called Hey You Stole My Drink. "Hey, you stole my drink." "

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I love that he thinks things, and then just says them. There is no stopping point between his head and his mouth.

""What's the inside of a stomach look like?" he asked Yuffie as she returned, plopping a non-melted glass in front of him."

And again, HAHAHAHAHAHA. ILU.

"Maybe because you owe me unlimited alcohol forever and ever?"

Yuffie shook her head. She had really, really dark hair, Reno noted. Super-dark. "I'm not going to answer that. Please tell me what you're looking for here before I have to hurt you, or worse, stalk you."

"You have really dark hair," Reno said."

HOW LONG CAN I MAKE THIS COMMENT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I CAN'T BREATHE.

"Later that night, mildly worried about the presence of potentially-annoying ninjettes, he snuck out of the hotel he was in, heading for the spot on the map which Reeve had circled in bright green pen. The idiot had added a Here! and some arrows in case Reno didn't know what a fucking circle meant. The arrows all had exclamation points too."

THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART. BASTARD REEVE. LOLOLOL. Maybe Reno doesn't know what a fucking circle means hahahaha.

"He tried to lose her three times. She tracked him down all three times, although the third one took her pretty much an entire day."

Okay I had to stop because I was laughing too hard to cleverly disguise it as coughing, even of the bronchial variety.

"She took his map and ripped it into shreds and ate some of them and threw the rest into a river. Then she left him sleeping and headed back towards Wutai."

I SPOKE TOO SOON I HAD TO LEAVE AGAIN AFTER THAT PART. SHE. ATE. THE. MAP.

"Then you can see what the inside of a stomach looks like," she adds nastily.

"I don't think they heard you in Midgar," Reno says"

PLZ HAVE MY E-BABIES. I HAVE SUCH A CRUSH ON YOU RIGHT NOW.

""Hey, Reno, what's your last name?"

"Reno."

"Blow me. What is it really?""

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA STOP I CAN'T HANDLE ANYMORE FAKE COUGHING.

"The vampire thoughts have distracted him and Yuffie can tell this"

He's so fucking ADD I can't stop laughing.

"They're so swirly. He can't get over the way they interact and so he asks Yuffie to write chocobo butt in Wutain just to be sure."

Okay I had to leave again, I was actually snorting.

"but Reno is distracted by butterflies"

WHEN DID THEY GET TO MACALANIA? LOLZ

ZOMG I JUST GOT TO THE HILARIOUSNESS OF THE PAIRING NAMES. GENIUS. MWAHAHAHA.

""Clocent Strifentine,""

I'm naming my next original character this.

""Yuffentine, oh gods,"

HAHAHAHHAHA META META META.

"He can fit an entire shot glass in there and then close his mouth so it just looks like he's partially deformed. The first time he did it Elena laughed so hard she had to excuse herself before she wet her pants."

PLZ DRAW THIS. LOLZ.

"YUFFIE WAS HERE!-!-! She has managed to use more exclamation points than Reeve."

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

Okay. I am finally at the end. This is hopefully the LONGEST comment you have ever gotten. Cause damn, that rocked.

AND NOW YOU HAVE TO WRITE MORE RENO VOICE PREFERABLY WITH RENO/RYDIA SHENANIGANS. (what's that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls?)
Lemisah chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
I came across this and was like, "what the hell, I'll give it a shot" and, for something I didn't particularly have any expectations on, adored it. You write both of these characters amazingly well and I quite enjoyed demi-synesthesian Reno.
robertmarilyn chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
That was so cute, so funny, so IC. The feeling of happiness and togetherness just oozed out of it. You do a fine job of writing these characters and I look forward to reading the other 'warming up' pairs.

mar
Kiss of the Breeze chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
this was really cute!
VChan1 chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
I've had a suspicion for some time now, but you've just proven it. It turns out, you can do ANYTHING you want in a fanfic. You can put together the most impossible pairings, the most ridiculous situations, the oddest reactions... with a skilled writer who can find the character and not "force" the story to happen, anything is believable. Not only believable, but GOOD. I'm not a fan of Reno x Yuffie, and yet..it doesn't matter! Awesome, awesome work. I now have to read the rest of the series. Even the Tifa/Vincent one I originally skipped because the pairing turned me off..I'm convinced it might be worth the read now.
Tee Vee chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
I read this a while ago, I think on Reno Spiegel's "Reffie," but I didn't reply. This was one of the first fics I read featuring Yuffie and Reno in a "more than friends" sorta relationship. I really enjoyed it. Now, finally giving you props, to an awesome story.

SMILE! :)
Puddles24 chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Very cute! Definately looking forward to more of your work.
Celira chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
...thecuteitSLAYSMEthankyou

-gibbers incoherently into a ball of woob-
affinityreign chapter 1 . 5/4/2006