Reviews for A Moment
Chelty-Chan chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
well...that was...intense ... O.O
PureSinner chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
You took a hold of me, pulled me in and left me there to bask in the wind. That's a rare experience, writer.
DreamerGamar chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Oh my god. It's like you just climbed into my head and made yourself comfortable. At the end, I found myself holding my breath...I guess you took it.
Good writer, you are.
lynn chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
love it imagery at the beginning! you write awesome gaara x sakura stories :D
CJs Writing chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Oh, my... An amazing story. There are no more words to describe it.
Scylus chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This belongs in an art gallery.
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
I hope you aren't expecting many reviews for this... there isn't much we can say that doesn't fall pathetically short of how beautiful those 950 words were.
xxAwesomeLucyxx chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
I love this story. Period. The style is so different from most fanfics. You didn't need the characters to say anything. You didn't need the characters to do anything. You just described a single moment as best you could, letting the reader decide the past and future of the story.

I might just have to experiment with this style myself. But I doubt I could make it as original as yours.
The Obsessive chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
you are a magnificent author
MissMercurial chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
Grammatically, I should clarify:

1) "Enough" should be in quotations in the fourth line to emphasize that I'm trying to say that it's impossible to be satisfied that one's work conveys reality (or what one can perceive as reality) completely accurately.

2)"This is a refreshing change to what most fanfics are: very vibrant and satisfying as a one-shot" would be better said as "This is a refreshing change from what most fanfics are not; very vibrant and satisfying as a one-shot"

Do forgive the double-post; it's about 1:00 AM and I'm still bowled over from reading that ficlet.

And being like an Impressionist is a good thing in my world, so no worries :)
MissMercurial chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
Wow.

Screw drawing/painting/illustrating.

You can do way more with these words than anyone can with some Photoshop or paints or whatever can.

As for the "good enough, true enough" - well, really, that's the point. Nothing ever WILL be enough represented in writing or in art - that's part of the tension in any work. I might be parroting Magritte, but I believe it all the same.

This is a refreshing change to what most fanfics are: very vibrant and satisfying as a one-shot. THIS is the kind of stuff that drives me to keep poring through fanfic lists even though my mind is going numb with how vapid or cliched some/most of them sound. There's only one bit of this that felt a little overwrought, and that was the "infinitely heavier" line. A mere blot on the canvas you've painted so wonderfully.

I love that you ended with a question (actually the trio of questions). It's a lovely device and I smile whenever I see it used.

If you were a painter, you would SO be an Impressionist :).

On an unrelated note, you so need to get a dA so I can pimp out your stories from there and add all that I've read to my faves :3 (in case I'm stupid and missed the fact that you DO have one, my username is Nethrion there - stop by and say hello :D)
Black Rae of Darkness chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
I’m glad I get to forget the smell of this room. There is a dog smell, that and onions. I happen to be allergic so it makes me feel sick.

You know though, I did almost die thank you! I didn’t really realize I was holding my breath, and when I did I gasped and almost fell out of this chair.

I really enjoyed the detail, being able to visualize the trees, the wind, the was the air must taste. So crisp and light. (I hope it’s low calorie….lol just kidding. It’s a present right? That way it don’t count. *winks* Chouji logic!) I could just imagine it all, I love the outdoors, it’s so free.

Have you ever went hiking through the wilderness and found a waterfall with a lake in it? I have, and it was the coolest water, I almost froze to death just swimming in it. I guess I didn’t really breath until I laughed at the part where we were watching Gaara and the you said, (I quote) “You don’t know, though, because he does not look at you.”

Still I managed to forget to breath…again…(yay me…) but cracked up laughing when I realized at the bottom of the page you asked if I would breath. (I kinda had too, it’s hard to laugh with no air…)

Congrats and sorry this is so long!

- B. Rae

p.s. Sorry if I keep bring up 'the middle ground' on you.
ale chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
a LITTLE 2 peotic dont u think?
kathy chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
i haven't even read the whole thing yet and i know it's good..hell i barly even read the begining and i knew it was good
SasukeBlade chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Ironically enough, for a moment I think I forgot to breathe.

No dialogue, no action, no thoughts, no movement, nothing but a description of a scene, but it was carried out so beautifully.

I've read stories that have lasted for hundreds of thousands of words and failed to say even half of what this little moment said.

Thank you.