Reviews for The Lady in the Dark
Isabel chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Really creepy and really good. I love the scene where she finds Eriks body and falls into the well. This story is well written and your style of writing is perfect.
reader chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
I couldn't help but notice: another Mauppassant reader? I enjoyed this story, too. You have a great writing style that also reminded me of Mauppassant. I also liked Bodies on the Shore.
Assimbya chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Beautiful. I love it. This was a wonderful story.
ElfLover chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
This was BEAUTIFUL. Beautifully creepy, that is. Exactly what Christine would have done in that sort of situation. It's very Maupassant, your style of writing here. Reminds me of his "The Horla". Written just before he went insane, poor man. Oh, well. Hope the same fate doesn't come to you!

~ElfLover
phantomy-cookies chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Hello Lady in the Dark...

You know you were one of my favorites. You KNOW you were in my top five. (Possibly even before you wrote thes story. LOL.)

Such an endearing Crazy!Christine. She was all that I wanted and more. Horrified, insane, and deliciously drowning in madness. Your descriptions were engaging my senses at every twist and every turn. The sight of Erik's corpse, the sound of Christine's scream echoing in the corridors. Perfect! It was all wonderfully perfect.

You are, as ever, placed amongst my favorites. Bravo, my darling Elcie! Bravo!

*mwah*
Scimitarmoon chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
how ring is that?

decent.
Ava Caita chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
During the contest I read all of the fics. But, having read this just now I realise how morbid it really is! The pacing is just brilliant. And my senses were completely used in this fic.

I applaud your top-ten ranking! Looking forward to more contests with you participating!

Cheers,

~ Avarië
Sat-IsisSuten Net chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
It like the original version of the Ring. Kick-ass!
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
Mm. Though the ending in general didn't surprise me.. Great narration chronicling both Christine's journey to madness and to Paris and down the well. Wow. 3 metaphors in one, eh? :) I like how you got rid of those ~*~ in between certain sections. Sure, now we can't tell if this is all one scene or a story taking place over a longer time period.. but I think it adds to Christine's convoluted madness. I like. :)
Reading Redhead chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
Heh, well, that definitely falls into the "morbid" category. Interesting concept, and very well-written as always. I really loved the line "I am outside-Erik brought me here-and I can’t seem to find my way back in." The way you said that was perfect.

~Red