Reviews for A Self Called Nowhere
UntouchedbyTime chapter 12 . 7/14/2006
There are no words to accurately describe the my thoughts on your writing. The voice in your narrative is lovable and holds onto our attention. You bring to life the characters. There are few people who can actually show you a fictional character, and you know them. Kagome's character is so vivid. Her thoughts, her actions, and mannerisms are not only constantly in tune, but real. And she evolves through the story, changing not herself but her perception. I'm glad that show a realistic portrayal to their relationship, and Kagome's pain is almost tangible. Through the story, it makes the readers demand a happy ending because the reality of the situation seems to cruel.
KissMyAsymptote chapter 12 . 7/7/2006
This is such an amazing story I think I had a literary orgasm.
Metis chapter 12 . 7/4/2006
I'm glad that she could surpise him... I'd like it very much if you updated.
Metis chapter 11 . 7/4/2006
I don't think a simple review can give justice to the level of angst she is going through. All I will say is thanks for sharing your talents.
Metis chapter 9 . 7/4/2006
I like her rather hysterical little mindtrack, though I wonder at her self-preservation instincts. They seem to have taken the wrong bus. heh. Glad to have found you and SO much more of this story!
Chaos-and-Serenity chapter 9 . 7/3/2006
This story is amazing. I had been meaning to read it forever and I finally did. It's at the top of my fav's list. Few stories pack the punch and literary know-how to best this. You develop your characters amazingly as well, a feat few authors can claim.

Then I read it on A Single Spark and see you're quitting, even if it may not be permanent and only applicable to that site. So I looked at your comments on your profile page and got the feeling that it is applicable to all sites. Here's what I have to say, though I don't know you at all, so it's probably just shit flowing from my mouth.

Reviews are wondrous things. Usually they're short and sweet, but to the author they're more than that. They're our lifeblood, the living proof that our diligence and creativity has served some purpose beyond ourselves. But sometimes, people deny us our lifeblood, though they still read and enjoy our work. I too wish more people would leave me reviews and truly convince me that I'm not half-bad as a writer, but that doesn't usually happen. Some authors are terrible at their craft and still people seem to adore them, while others are masters of the English language and seem virtually ignored. A friend and fellow author of mine had a similar problem. She hardly got any reviews and wanted to stop writing fanfiction altogether. But she didn't and now she has a contract and her first book will be on the shelves by the end of the year.

I know this is long, but I feel it's important and I do hope you read it. I don’t know what circumstances in life has hindered your ability to write, but know this and know it well - you excel at your craft and if you love it, then you owe it to yourself to continue. You were correct in saying that it is a negative thing when you don’t know who you’re writing for anymore. The fans should always have a place in your mind when writing (with me it’s usually trying to conjure up ways to shock them!), but most importantly you should write for yourself. As good as a writer as you are, I feel confident that one day, hopefully in the near future, you will learn to write for you again. Stories are of no value to anyone if the author neglects her own thoughts and feelings, making the story a bland piece of nothingness, for it does not carry on the legacy of her mind and soul. That’s what writing is all about and by god if people like me and you ever get the chance to fulfill our dreams then we’ll have it made. What’s better than creating something for the world to see that has your very essence printed within the words of every single page? Nothing.

The world needs writers like you. I’ll be awaiting your return. I don’t think I’ll be mourning the loss of a great author because you’re too good to quit. Good luck with overcoming your many life obstacles and know that strength and character await the end of your tiring journey. Life moves on and so will you. Thank you for blessing us with your words and I will hear from you again and so I say hasta luego, mi amiga.
The Silver Haired Demon chapter 12 . 7/3/2006
good story! please update soon!
cute but psycho girl chapter 12 . 6/8/2006
this is so good. i love it! plz plz plz update soon. :) :) :) :)
complicated complications chapter 2 . 6/4/2006
great story so far btw! anyways u wrote daiyoukai wrong it's Taiyoukai!
taishorin chapter 12 . 5/28/2006
This is the best story I have read so far and believe me I have read quite a few. You are so dead on with Kagome and her battle with herself. Please update, do not abandone this story, it appears to be an epic with wonderful possible outcomes.

Taishorin
uniquelove chapter 12 . 5/28/2006
Love the story; its one of the best I have ever read. Anyway, I hope you continue it soon.
Slytherson chapter 12 . 5/22/2006
please update soon!
ohman chapter 11 . 4/30/2006
this story is so cool!1 i luv it man! update asap
Neely chapter 12 . 4/16/2006
*deep calming breaths* please update! it is uberly good and i am twitching really badly. no seriously. update soon!

~neely
GoldenRat chapter 12 . 4/16/2006
Good fic. The writing style is very solid. An interesting story.
314 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »