Reviews for Burden of Guilt
kyoiku kanji chapter 14 . 3/19/2013
and it's a long way to fall from the top of the city to the prison... oh man... When things go wrong... they really go wrong... but that's what makes the best stories.
kyoiku kanji chapter 13 . 3/19/2013
Intense and well done, as expected. I found my heart racing as Eomer's breathing and pulse slowed, and the pacing was excellent!
kyoiku kanji chapter 12 . 3/19/2013
And thus the trouble begins. Man... New rule for Gondor... all visiting kings must wait 3 days before entering the upper levels of Gondor to ... uh... acclimatize themselves... yeah... I'll stick with that one for now.

Very well done and the tension - I like the fact that you don't know how much you depend on someone until they are taken away- and how easy it would have been if Eowyn could have come out and explained.

I knew that letter was going to get people in trouble! Bravo!
kyoiku kanji chapter 11 . 3/19/2013
and there it is. Oh yes... you weave lovely stories and sew their seeds long before they appear. He tried not to hurt Eomer! it wasn't his fault! and now... now begins the plunge!
kyoiku kanji chapter 10 . 3/19/2013
He can face a cave troll in battle. He can stand up to Sauron and certain death... this however... grins

Quite well done. I did like the mock battles and the trust we know something is going to happen to (at least in Faramir's mind.
kyoiku kanji chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
It would seem, your Legolas is a drama queen! ;) Poor, poor legolas... "It" indeed. (though he kinda deserved it) And if the rough cloth weren't enough... now he's got a Poison Ivy?

I am enjoying the story so far.
kyoiku kanji chapter 4 . 3/19/2013
OMG she didn't! She wouldn't! "But the goats!"

I think that's going to be my excuse from now on! I'm just glad no one's here to hear my laughing like an idiot. Well done indeed.
kyoiku kanji chapter 3 . 3/19/2013
But but... it was the goats! I have to admit, I am having way too much fun with this. And I just love the idea of them having to explain 'But..I am the king!" Very well done, and quite amusing.

Genesis very unhappy letter for a certain someone? Methinks so.
kyoiku kanji chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
Well, calm except for certain missing items... which I hope to find out about shortly... well done and as I stated earlier you still have the introduction hanging over your head urging you on to find how it went from this peaceful idyllic scene to dying and being ashamed...

You do so know how to set a scene and draw the reader in.
kyoiku kanji chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Wiley Steward - sneakily startling the king when he agrees with the idiots and suggests someone sit around witnessing the birth... only to find out he's just nicely seeing to his plans.

Hints of just how well they work together... but that intro... handing over Faramir's head... Oh what glee!
StarCaptain299 chapter 18 . 9/5/2012
I've been skimming the past chapters because I don't want to go through the gory details. I'm already upset enough about what happened to Faramir. I already called his attacker a B!T(#.
Smorelet4077 chapter 7 . 9/3/2012
I am loving this story so far! The first few chapters with the whole swimming incident were hilarious, and everything with Arwen, Eowyn, Aragorn, and Faramir is very well-written and enjoyable. I had planned on reviewing the whole thing once I had finished, but I really like this and just thought I'd tell you :)

One question, though: who is Elbeth? I haven't read many of your stories, so maybe I'm missing some important background information, but I'm just a bit confused on that.
Malafemmina chapter 62 . 5/4/2012
A couple years back, I started reading your stories. I liked them a lot at the time, and I'm still very impressed at the strength of our writing. You obviously have genuine talent, and I'd guess you're better than 90% of the writers on this site.

I've been reading some of your work again, and this time around I found it much less enjoyable. I've found myself feeling that your characterizations of Eowyn, Faramir, and basically everyone outside of Aragorn and Arwen aren't doing justice to the way Tolkien wrote them.

Over and over, they find themselves in situations that they can't possibly escape from without Aragorn's help. Over and over, they're faced with problems that they just can't seem to solve without his guidance. His opinion is the only one that matters, and his advice is always the best. Everything he does is right and just, purely by the virtue of having been done by him, and when it isn't, it's completely understandable and immediately forgiven. I couldn't help but wonder if this was set in Rohan and Aragorn insulted Eomer in his home, would he have been wrong? Or would it have been justified?

Faramir and Eowyn in particular, two strong people, hero worship him. Both are shown in canon to have considerable reserves of inner strength, but they fall to pieces and often act like children around their king. The part where Arwen fed Eowyn's infant seemed a slap in her face to me. Lots of women have trouble breastfeeding (or can't at all) and there's no shame in that, of course, but the only kind of meaning I could find behind it in the context of this story was to imply that Arwen is superior to Eowyn as a woman, wife, and mother.

I don't mean to be rude, or to insult you at all. This is just something that's been weighing on my mind some, and I wanted to put it out there.
TimeDetonated chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Great story! But ohhhh those lords sound treasonous to me! Or is it probably just my evil tendencies? Oh well, you can't build a good empire if the people who make it up don't respect you. Anyway I'm rambiling again. I know I usually don't review (bad Rachel) but I really liked this story and kinda felt bad not too! The next ones web of treason, right? I hope so, that one sounded good! Onto the sequel!

See you in a few weeks to a month

depending on how much free time I have

-Rachel
Kate Poem chapter 40 . 4/8/2011
I want "visit" this - this failure of Eru's creation, Mahrod and kill him, slowly and painfully.

Raping a heterosexual or single or engaged or married or lesbian woman and raping a heterosexual or gay man is the same, disgusting, violative, horrible crime I think.

I love the bond between Aragorn and Faramir. Their friendship and their father/son relationship.

Your story is wonderful.