Reviews for Burden of Guilt
kyoiku kanji chapter 49 . 3/19/2013
Come on miracle! This story is definitely taking my breath way in scope and emotion and realism.
kyoiku kanji chapter 48 . 3/19/2013
And there is hope - except for Eomer who needs to be hit with a halibut. And if there is one thing I have learned in reading your stories... expect the twist... honor the twist - it will be applied with great effect.
kyoiku kanji chapter 45 . 3/19/2013
And the sun starts to rise. Two precious lines:

"Nothing has changed about me, Mellon Nin, I still snore and forget to comb my hair!"

and

he was beginning to wonder if the best way to dispel a rebel army might be to simply to ride up and announce his identity, as it seemed to have such a strange effect on people!

Both excellently wrought and perfectly delivered. Timing is everything, and you have it!
kyoiku kanji chapter 42 . 3/19/2013
Now if they can only get that lunkhead of a brother-in-law to have some sense... :)

Well done, and I do like the fact that because they now know each other's hearts better, the healing is easier... better.
kyoiku kanji chapter 41 . 3/19/2013
WOW. Just... wow. Amazingly beautiful and realizing... "What winsome gift the gift he ge'us to see ourselves as others see us..."

Yea... can't lie about what's in your heart... But he asked... He wants healing... (Hopeful reader plunges on)
kyoiku kanji chapter 40 . 3/19/2013
Sorry for not commenting sooner, but I had to know what was happening... I need Faramir to be all right... You have me far too invested in the story to think of anything else...
kyoiku kanji chapter 31 . 3/19/2013
Oh man... no nono... This is heartbreaking... (in a good well written kind of way.)

on a guess I would say... there is a letter next. ... And to atone for his imagined crimes... he's going to go and do something noble and stupid... Atone for his sins in the hope of keeping the peace...
kyoiku kanji chapter 27 . 3/19/2013
Meanwhile, the steward is expecting the same thing- and emotional hurts, and those of spirit are far worse than physical ones at times. And Eomir's better enough to be pig headed, so at least there is that. Hopefully he'll be better enough to actually let himself get better. But it's hard waking up and finding out what you 'can't ' do and worrying about the worst case scenario...
kyoiku kanji chapter 26 . 3/19/2013
And he still hasn't told her the fact that he was trying to keep Faramir safe until things were sorted out. A very emotional ride... well done as always.
kyoiku kanji chapter 25 . 3/19/2013
I think her words were a sharper slap than her slap (although... being a lady of the Mark.. that slap could have been pretty serious... ) ... and Aragorn... taking it all on himself... He said put him in MY custody not the prison dammit!.

Wow.
kyoiku kanji chapter 24 . 3/19/2013
Some good news... although who knows how people will take the ringing of the bells... especially when the King or Rohan and the Steward of Gondor are in really bad shape (tm)

This was a nice break - a reminder that life goes on (and hidebound idiot nobles remain hidebound idiot nobles)

And ... on top of all this... Aragorn has to tell Eowyn that her husband and her brother are gravely injured... there are times... it is so not good to be the king. Again, well done!
kyoiku kanji chapter 23 . 3/19/2013
Man... and now the Rohirm think that Aragorn is a lousy fargin bastage, which is hopefully better than thinking their king is dead and his killer is eating bon-bons.

Things to not look good for our heroes... and by now Aragon should know not to tempt fate... Well done in deed.
kyoiku kanji chapter 22 . 3/19/2013
And just when you think you've got all your injured taken care of... someone wants to pick a fight. Yeah. let them see the luxury Faramir's laying in... Let's talk about the fact that Eomer Tripped... the fact that he started it... well... okay... a letter started it- but... yeah...

If not for the want of a nail... Very true about Faramir and Aragorn. I have seen relationships torn apart over less... Hard hitting and well done (I seem to be saying that a lot don't I?) But writing like this deserves, nay NEEDS to be complimented... loudly and often!
kyoiku kanji chapter 21 . 3/19/2013
Man... heavy and just... No.. I'm putting the burden of guilt on Marhod... HE was the biggest bad straw... everything else could probably be fixed... but this... shudders

And Aragorn... having to let others help him help Faramir... very heavy hitting and I love having Imrahil watch and realize some very important things about the king... I think he's the only reason Aragorn hasn't gone off the deep end over this. (if you call almost killing himself to save Faramir not going over the deep end)

Powerful stuff you got here.
kyoiku kanji chapter 20 . 3/19/2013
It is that much more poignant now, that they are such close friends... Little brother... son of his heart... Have I mentioned the King needs to stop putting himself in danger like this!?

Man... Poor, poor Faramir... (and I want to find whoever taught Aragorn this little trick of killing himself for others and probie slap them!) Again... well done...
1,410 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »