Reviews for Burden of Guilt
kyoiku kanji chapter 21 . 3/19/2013
Man... heavy and just... No.. I'm putting the burden of guilt on Marhod... HE was the biggest bad straw... everything else could probably be fixed... but this... shudders

And Aragorn... having to let others help him help Faramir... very heavy hitting and I love having Imrahil watch and realize some very important things about the king... I think he's the only reason Aragorn hasn't gone off the deep end over this. (if you call almost killing himself to save Faramir not going over the deep end)

Powerful stuff you got here.
kyoiku kanji chapter 20 . 3/19/2013
It is that much more poignant now, that they are such close friends... Little brother... son of his heart... Have I mentioned the King needs to stop putting himself in danger like this!?

Man... Poor, poor Faramir... (and I want to find whoever taught Aragorn this little trick of killing himself for others and probie slap them!) Again... well done...
kyoiku kanji chapter 19 . 3/19/2013
Oh WOOF. Everything that Aragorn must to to save his life... and to his fevered mind it is everything Faramir has feared... So well done, and the parallels you draw between what is real and what is sensed is... devastating. Indeed a 'suck the breath out of you, gut punch moment' for the reader.
kyoiku kanji chapter 15 . 3/19/2013
Man! Can we say "Can't catch a break!"

One of the worst things for a police officer is to end up in Jail... in this case... Former Captain of the Rangers and Steward and the people he has dealt with... yeah... this is why Aragorn *wanted* him in HIS custody.

Scary and as you pointed out: It gets a lot darker.
kyoiku kanji chapter 14 . 3/19/2013
and it's a long way to fall from the top of the city to the prison... oh man... When things go wrong... they really go wrong... but that's what makes the best stories.
kyoiku kanji chapter 13 . 3/19/2013
Intense and well done, as expected. I found my heart racing as Eomer's breathing and pulse slowed, and the pacing was excellent!
kyoiku kanji chapter 12 . 3/19/2013
And thus the trouble begins. Man... New rule for Gondor... all visiting kings must wait 3 days before entering the upper levels of Gondor to ... uh... acclimatize themselves... yeah... I'll stick with that one for now.

Very well done and the tension - I like the fact that you don't know how much you depend on someone until they are taken away- and how easy it would have been if Eowyn could have come out and explained.

I knew that letter was going to get people in trouble! Bravo!
kyoiku kanji chapter 11 . 3/19/2013
and there it is. Oh yes... you weave lovely stories and sew their seeds long before they appear. He tried not to hurt Eomer! it wasn't his fault! and now... now begins the plunge!
kyoiku kanji chapter 10 . 3/19/2013
He can face a cave troll in battle. He can stand up to Sauron and certain death... this however... grins

Quite well done. I did like the mock battles and the trust we know something is going to happen to (at least in Faramir's mind.
kyoiku kanji chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
It would seem, your Legolas is a drama queen! ;) Poor, poor legolas... "It" indeed. (though he kinda deserved it) And if the rough cloth weren't enough... now he's got a Poison Ivy?

I am enjoying the story so far.
kyoiku kanji chapter 4 . 3/19/2013
OMG she didn't! She wouldn't! "But the goats!"

I think that's going to be my excuse from now on! I'm just glad no one's here to hear my laughing like an idiot. Well done indeed.
kyoiku kanji chapter 3 . 3/19/2013
But but... it was the goats! I have to admit, I am having way too much fun with this. And I just love the idea of them having to explain 'But..I am the king!" Very well done, and quite amusing.

Genesis very unhappy letter for a certain someone? Methinks so.
kyoiku kanji chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
Well, calm except for certain missing items... which I hope to find out about shortly... well done and as I stated earlier you still have the introduction hanging over your head urging you on to find how it went from this peaceful idyllic scene to dying and being ashamed...

You do so know how to set a scene and draw the reader in.
kyoiku kanji chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Wiley Steward - sneakily startling the king when he agrees with the idiots and suggests someone sit around witnessing the birth... only to find out he's just nicely seeing to his plans.

Hints of just how well they work together... but that intro... handing over Faramir's head... Oh what glee!
StarCaptain299 chapter 18 . 9/5/2012
I've been skimming the past chapters because I don't want to go through the gory details. I'm already upset enough about what happened to Faramir. I already called his attacker a B!T(#.
1,412 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »