Reviews for Ambrosia
LyonessaStark chapter 1 . 10/21/2019
This is beautiful.
mlle. fantome chapter 1 . 8/12/2018
Okay but...l..why was that necessary why would you have to rip my heart out like this
debkay chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
This was heartwretching. I am glad she is having such a beautiful dream - the truth is awful.

Great writing!
Adi Sagestar chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
Whoa... I can't tell if I hate Raoul or could kiss him from this story. Same with the doctor. This story is... interesting, to say the least. Did you win? If you didn't, you should've.

- Adi

.".
tripwirealarm chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Quite fantastic. I was definately having the inkling that about halfway through that it wasn't real...the hints like the paperboy, the faces that constantly smiled in Sweden in contrast to those in Paris, the entire scene about the winestore was spooky...and these hints just contributed to the feeling of sadness and, in a way, hopelessness at the end when all is revealed. In a way, Raoul was right about her happiness, even going to such questionable lengths to attain it. The decription of Erik's real-life also lent a sense of sadness to the entire thing. Anyway. Marvelous. Gold star for you, thank you very much for sharing this. I shall favorite this and go look through the rest of your stories.
this is not a pipe chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
Oh, how incredibly morbid! Not in a sense of gory blood and bodies and Christine serving Erik his son on a plate! sorry, I read a fic like that, one of those winners for the morbidity contest. Never really did get over it xD

Anyways, my point (which I do have) is that this is morbid in a way that makes us wonder how Raoul could have done such a thing, to him and herself. What if one day she wakes up? She will never forgive him. And poor Raoul, to love a woman and know that in dreamland, she is happy with a man that is not him, and that she will never bring him children to the world.

I looked in the dictionary.

an unhealthy mental state or attitude; unwholesomely gloomy, sensitive, extreme, etc.: a morbid interest in death.

by, caused by, causing, or characteristic of disease.

to diseased parts: morbid anatomy.

; grisly.

Your fic applies to all these morbidity definitions. Christine is, obviously, mental, and insane. Living in a land that does not exist. Erik is dead, and yet brought her a son. Raoul is in love with a woman who dreams of another man, quite literally.

Fine. I'm not good enough to explain in what way this fic is morbid to me. Hopefully you understand what these boring words are attempting to say.
Phantress chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
This is absolutely amazing - you are a very gifted writer! Absolutely creative, and artistic with your language...I am very, very impressed! I adore one-shots very much, and this is up fairly high on the favorites list.
AmintaWithARose chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
How very sad! It was absolutely beautiful, though. The imagery was absolutely amazing. The idea is very orginal. Again, very sad, but it was wonderful!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
wow very creepy...but very well written...i really enjoyed it...you should write more of these morbid stories...keep up the amazing work!

Your fellow reader and author,

FFAMasquerade2005
PhantomLover05 chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
That is so sad! It's all a dream! OH! I feel like crying, it was very well written though!
MouetteHeartsErik chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
O. Just . . . o. Wow, very interesting and well-done.
CatCatCatCatCatSculpeyCat chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Aw...it was a total tease! We all want poor Christine to achieve that happy ending with Erik, but yet it never comes. Never comes... :(

The only happiness is in her dreams. But yet...this gives a tad bit of respect to FoppityFopFop in his decision.

It's like...Vanilla Sky, except better. *grin* The chosen dream, lived out when you'd be better off dead. Poor crazy, psycho Christine.

Hm...perhaps we can hope that the real spirit of Erik shall come and visit her, within those dreams. -
azurelacroix chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Ooh, chilling. I like it. It has the elements of the typical EC story, but at the same time there's something underhandedly sinister about the concept. Kind of Vanilla Sky-esque. Quite lovely.
Assimbya chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
That was fascinating and amazing. A little confusing at first, but it got even more wonderful as it went on. I hate Raoul!
Tango1 chapter 1 . 4/15/2005
*weeps* Poor Christine! Poor Raoul! Poor Erik! Poor me! :D

Seriously, that was great. I love that even as I knew this had to be some sort of drug-induced fantasy, I kept suspending all disbelief because it was so real - very nicely done! Great ending, too. I love that this was deliberate, that it was a sacrifice on Raoul's part rather than Christine's mental reaction to being incarcerated or something similar. That's really great.

Also, I was really touched by the account of Erik's actual murder - it was completely gut-wrenching, in the best possible way.

Thanks for a great read!