Reviews for Left Unsaid
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 3/19
loved the memories shared, the affection that was obvious and the humorous bits. i'm not a fan of 'seisouhen' ('reflections') as i much prefer the happy, like the 'kenshin kaiden' ending "haru ni sakura' and the last scene of ep 96 from the 'rurouni kenshin' memorial box set. if you go to youtube and copy/paste the following code into the youtube search you can watch it:

i hope you got to see the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie(s). if not, there are trailers for the first one and then for the two sequel movies. all three were great, the casting was fabulous! just copy/paste the codes into the youtube search for each video:

O4Bhr80HfyY -the first live movie's trailer
yaLOPVAuJs4 -first movie's character profile trailers
8qRFhP5PhMk -first movie's dojo fight scene from the first chapter manga and first episode anime
a7HrF77Ewkg -the sneak preview for the first sequel kyoto arc:
bAgmfGZbVrQ -the first official trailer for the sequel movies (subbed)
NCei4Vm1ZP8 -another trailer
emy8JkKV6LQ -character profile trailers
BSl-T1AioDQ -trailer for the second sequel (no he doesn't die) 'the legend ends'. they had changed the story of the anime for the movie and it is quite interesting and scary in the implications but the director had hinted on another movie (a prequel... hopefully it'll be both remembrance and jinchuu arcs).

i'm counting on big box office numbers to motivate them to film 'remembrance' and 'jinchuu' arcs of manga... you can see the all three online at a place called: gooddrama (you can google - gooddrama rurouni kenshin - although i'm not sure it's available in every country) the three movies will be listed: "Rurouni Kenshin (2012)". "Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno (2014)". "Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends (2014)" -they can be watched in any one of the three or four screens on the page in seven or eight parts and each are around two hours long. you can also get the box-set dvds from places like cd-japan or amazon... i am waiting to see if they will be making anymore before i buy them all in a box set. ;)
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
phantome101 chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I like the part where Hiko described Kaoru's feelings for Kenshin so acutely..
sueb262 chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
This is a powerful and evocative exploration of this part of Hiko's motivations and reactions-good job! I found some of his musings on how his actions had affected his young deshi quite poignant, and I particularly like it that it's Yahiko who brings this news to Hiko: I see Yahiko as Kenshin's "seed" into the future, as the one who carries the stories and the philosophy and the dreams into the new era, so this is solidly appropiate, to my mind.

Thanks for this!
Nekotsuki chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
Hehe, actually I found your story through a person's favourites lists and clicked on it because the title was the same as one of mine ... (I thought: "Oops! So much for my choosing an original title...") ... sorry. ;; Didn't mean to steal it. In any case, I decided to read, and am very glad I did; this was a sweetly poignant story which deals with a rather sad subject, and you deal with it quite well. It is a little heartaching when Hiko admits he might have been wrong. I'm glad you wrote such a piece, it really made my morning. (Er, in that mournful sort of way...)

That one reviewer who said Himura was Kenshin's original surname would be wrong, if I'm not mistaken; he came from a peasant families and if I remember correctly they didn't HAVE surnames until the Meiji era. Anyway, long after the fact of your writing, but thank you for doing so!
legolasEstelstar chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
i havent seen the ovas yet. too painful to buy them myself just to be miserable and i dont know anyone who has them, so i could borrow them... but this story touched me... ive always felt sad and angry because of the reflection ova. its just not true, watsuki didnt write it so its just sony imagination, i was and am really mad everytime i think how they twisted the end... thats, in my eyes the only and best worthy tragedy ive ever read. i mean, romeo and juliet...geez... but anyway, i mean, in the manga, kenshin stays, kenshin isnt a coward... kenshin.. didnt abandoned kaoru.. he didnt... he.. sorry, anyways, was himura really hiko's name? i never saw it that way before. i have asked myself many times where does it come from, i didnt knew if it was his real last name or just another name hiko made up... is that really his name? i think that would be beautiful, and i really please ask you to tell me, if its true or just part of your story. if so, you should work for watsuki coz you have amazing ideas.
K a w a i i - S y a o r a n chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
This was good! I especially like this part:

"Hiko’s expression softened for a moment then he noticed that the boy was drooling on him and scowled."

LOL. Sorry. ehehe. Ahem. Anyway, the whole story was really cute. I liked it alot. Great job! Just sad about Kenshin. ehehe.
TattleTale chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Ahh! Neat fic! I like how you portrayed Hiko... very mature and accurate, I'd say. Reading about Hiko's guilt was quite riveting.

Nice prose as well, in terms of language elegance and spelling/grammar.
Lady Rurouni chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
Kenshin has the surname of Himura because that is his own surname. He was Himura Shinta before. The surname has nothing to do with Hiko.

Nicely written though.
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
Oh, I really liked this one-shot! You did an excellent job with it! I enjoyed the brief glimpse of Hiko and Kenshin's beginning together... particularly the icy water wake-up call :) And it was interesting to see Hiko drunk enough to actually admit that he had made mistakes in the past... Very nicely done; keep up the great work on your writing!